Open today: 10:00 - 18:00

from US$12.95
from US$210.27
from US$21.03
1,204 results
All reviews cinnamon butter oldest house in bath bath buns famous buns welsh rarebit cream tea tea room worth a visit basement savory bunn downstairs shop benne rooms
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 October 2017

My husband and I stopped here for a cup of tea and to try Sally Lunns bath buns and they didn't disappoint. I had chocolate butter on mine and my husband had cinnamon butter, we both thoroughly enjoyed them. There were lots of options for toppings sweet and savoury. We bought some to bring home for the family.

Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

Would absolutely recommend the cinnamon bun and the bun with strawberry jam and clotted cream. Be warned, they are massive!

2  Thank StephChapple
Reviewed 7 October 2017

After eating an incredibly delicious meal at Sally Lunn's, it was worth visiting the Museum downstairs. It's tiny, but thoughfully designed, and it's so amazing to see her original oven.

Reviewed 1 October 2017

My husband and I had a most enjoyable lunch here. The dining area upstairs (there is one on the ground floor too) is quaint and reminiscent of times gone by: we loved this! Service was good and attentive, and our food was good. The Sally Lunn museum is one floor below street level and is worth a visit: it's very small but worth seeing. Sally Lunn's is close to the Bath Spa station which we felt was an added advantage.

Date of experience: September 2017
Reviewed 30 September 2017

Sally Lunn bread was (and still is) a rich brioche style bread made famous by Ms. Lunn when she escaped persecution fleeing France. She opened a small bread bakery in Bath at this same location and made quite a name for her skills and signature bread.
You can now go in to a restaurant on premise and eat or take away the famous bread. The old walk up opening where you could just walk up and buy a loaf of Sally Lunn Bread is now a must pay to see attraction. I opted to rely on my past experience there rather than pay admission.

Date of experience: September 2017
BathBunnMan, Owner at Sally Lunn's Museum, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2017

Thank you for returning - I am sorry we couldn't tempt you in. Admission to our museum is free to guests who take refreshment, free to those who want to buy a bunn to take home or just 30 pence to anyone else. The museum has been just 30p entrance price since it first opened perhaps 40 years ago - we have never increased the cost. So we are little confused by your comment and hope that next time you will come in and see the tremendous [and expensive!!] restoration work we have been doing since 2012.