“excellent trip”

The Pulteney Princess
Bath, United Kingdom
“excellent trip”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Absolutely fantastic way to spend some time in bath. Tour up to the bathampton mill on the river. Have a leisurely lunch then cruise back with a great commentary. I had a really brilliant day out with my elderly aunt and the crew were really helpful getting her settled on the boat.

Visited August 2013

Poole, United Kingdom
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“A smile would be nice!”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We thought we would take a nice little trip along the river with some friends. After a rival boat company couldn’t wait 15 seconds for us to run across the grass to get on board, they couldn’t untie the ropes quick enough, we went with Pulteney Princess. Just like the other company they didn’t welcome us with open arms! We were informed that they would leave us in peace on the trip out but we would have commentary back, I wish they hadn’t bothered. Don’t get me wrong, the information was interesting but it was delivered in an uninteresting, board, sarcastic, cold way. For a company that relies on tourists the tour guide came across somebody who doesn’t like people! I know he must say the same thing several times a day but that’s the business they are in and they are representing Bath.

Visited June 2014
3 Thank Neil W
Bath, United Kingdom
“Bath is Beautiful”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I have taken the Pulteney Princess into Bath now more than a dozen times ...it is a MUST for all friends and family who come to visit me .. it's the most beautiful way to travel into the City, entertaining whitty commentary .... a bargain in my opinion and just super enjoyable. You can even take your own tipple along if you want to make it a bit more special. I highly recommend this trip ...

Visited May 2014
Morzine, France
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Why have a timetable if you don't turn up?”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Title says it all. Stood in the rain for 25 mins waiting for the boat in Bathampton. It never showed up and when we rang the mobile number on the timetable it was switched off. Clearly couldn't be bothered running and didn't want to deal with phone calls. If I ran my business like this I would expect to go bust.

Visited October 2013
2 Thank Andy T
Cincinnati, Ohio
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 62 helpful votes
“Glad we did it”
Reviewed 11 October 2013

I'm surprised to see so few reviews for this nice attraction in Bath. The Pulteney Princess was easy to find. You can see it docked right by the Pulteney bridge. Cross the bridge take the steps down to the weir. You'll have to pass a little cafe down the steps. We took the last trip from Bath to Bathhampton so we either had to ride back to Bath straightaway or walk back if we wanted to stay in Bathhampton for a while. We wanted to walk back anyway so it worked out fine. It's a pretty scenic trip. It was worth 4 pounds. If you want to walk back to Bath along the canal then turn right onto the road by the pub to get to Bathhampton. There is no sidewalk. Enjoy watching the swans and looking at the canal boats.

Visited August 2013