“Hit and miss...”

The Pulteney Princess
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Hit and miss...”
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

It was a lovely journey from Bathampton Mill, the guide on board was a funny man but journey back didn't even occur. We heard last boat back was at 5, turned up 20 minutes early and finally gave up after waiting for an hour! It didn't help that when you try to call the number it is "not available" or you get the number as not recognised... Great boat when you can actually get on it, just turned out to be unreliable...

2 Thank Looshysmooshy

Fife, Scotland
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“A Pleasure to be on Board”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We were staying in the Old Mill Hotel in Batheaston and the Pulteney Princess was our preferred method of transport to get into Bath City centre and back to our hotel. We boarded the boat at Barthampton Mill pub / restaurant, just over the Toll Bridge and enjoyed the relaxing cruise down the River Avon to the berth at Pulteney Weir, right in the heart of Bath. No traffic jams like using the bus or a taxi! We were given a live commentary by the on-board guide (no recorded messages) and his description of the history, geography, ecology of the area changed each trip that we made (apart from a couple of standard jokes!). Friendly and attentive staff ensured it was a pleasure to be on board. We used it as a "shuttle bus" to and from our hotel. There is another cruise ship on this route, but after trying it, we felt that this boat trip was a better experience for us holidaymakers.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank IanFaeFife
Bristol, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Disspointed with the company”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Having travelled twice before on the Pulteney Princess, leaving at Bathampton and travelling into Bath I decided to do the same trip with two other grandchildren on Friday 27th June. Just to make sure the boat would be coming up as far as Bathampton and the 10.50 sailing was on, I emailed them at the beginning of the week. As I got no response I then telephoned them on the Friday morning, only to find the mobile number was switched off! I took the risk of travelling from Bristol to Bathampton with the two grandchildren and phoned again this time my call was answered. I was told that they would not be stopping at Bathampton because the pontoon there was damaged and was unsafe. I mentioned that I had sent an email and was told that as they were inundated with emails they only reply to some! I also said that I had phoned them twice before leaving home and at 9.30am I was surprised that their phone was still switched off. Their website still advertises that you can board at Bathampton yet on the 27th June I was told that this was not so. I see from the person that made the entry on June 22nd that they got on at Bathampton surely the damage to the Pontoon didn't happen between this date and my visit on 27th? I feel that this is very poor customer relations and would think twice about using them again or indeed recommending them.

2 Thank SusanMarlow
Chippenham, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Excellent commentary !”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We boarded the boat as we were staying in Bathampton, excellent commentary guide very funny, would highly recommend £4 each much better than sitting in traffic!

1 Thank debbiew287
Louisville, Colorado
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Rest Your Feet After Walking Tour”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Nice way to relax after your 2-hour walking tour. Sit back and watch Bath go by. Some commentary but it's mostly about enjoying the day. Good value for the money.

Ryders