“Great location, great room, great atmosphere”

Parade Park Town House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #151 of 154 Bath B&B and Inns
Swansea
“Great location, great room, great atmosphere”
Reviewed 15 July 2008

My partner and I spent a weekend at Parade Park in late May, and thoroughly enjoyed our experience.

We managed to book one of the 'four poster' rooms, and the room was lovely. The near antique furniture really added to the atmosphere of the room, and reflected the history of the building. I also loved the original shutters on the windows (how Jane Austen!), much to my boyfriend's amusement!

The bed was comfortable, room and ensuite very clean. The breakfast was simple but also very good, and the breakfast rooms are beautiful (high ceilings, wood panels...).

We were pleased that the character and architecture of Parade Park were far more 'Bath' than many of the other, better known hotels in the city (and we only noticed the Wordsworth plaque on the exterior as we were leaving!) and would very happily recommend this b&b to anyone!

1 Thank echoesreturn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Texas
Reviewed 14 May 2008

I loved the ensuite single room I had at Parade Park. It was quaint and I had a beautiful view of the park that had a gazebo in the distance. Every afternoon around 6pm I could hear the Abbey bells playing their song. The bad part about my room was that the location of my room was above the bar downstairs of the hotel and late at night I could hear the crowd, but overall I loved the room. I had a comfortable bed and a nice bathroom. The staff was extremely friendly and the location of the hotel was minutes away from the sights I wanted to see. I enjoyed the room immensely.

• Liked — Comfortable bed, clean bathroom, room decor
  • Disliked — The noise I heard at night from the bar
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank FarmDee2002
Nottingham
Reviewed 13 May 2008

We chose to stay here over other B&B's in Bath primarily based on the location...and it was excellent. A very short walk from the train station, the Roman baths, many great places to eat, close to everything.

Our room was small but clean and comfy, the bathroom as well. We had been warned about noise from nearby bars but never heard anything.

Breakfast was simple but adequate. Enough to get going but not enough so that you feel like you wont want morning tea and/or lunch.

The only (minor) complaint that I had with the hotel was that a door between the "residents only" area of the hotel and the bar next door was consistently left wide open (by residents or staff? No idea). This just made me slightly concerned about security.

But a fabulous location and a great stay.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — that the door to the bar area was constatly open
Essex
Reviewed 11 May 2008

Hotel staff friendly and the room was clean. However the Lambreta bar had seating outside and dispite being on the 3rd floor we may as well have been in bed in the bar. No chance of sleep. Single glazed sash windows meant we had no sleep until 1pm on Fri night and 3pm on Sat night. When the bar closed people were still outside for hours. Maybe rooms at eh back of the hotel are not affected.

This hotel is no good for you unless you are also out late partying. The breakfast room also had a shortage of plates for some reason.

Stayed May 2008
1 Thank EssexGirlholiday

Travellers are raving about these Bath hotels

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 9 May 2008

My husband and I stayed at the Parade Park Town House B&B for a weekend trip to Bath. The rooms were fairly good sized and the bed was pretty comfortable. We were on the top floor so the ceilings were a bit low on either side of the room which made it seem a bit smaller. There were 2 chairs in the room but both were rather old and didnt look too sturdy. The bathrooms were tiny but that is to be expected in a British B&B. There was a secondary school tennis team staying at the B&B and we could hear people running up and down the stairs and slamming doors at night. Also, there was quite a bit of noise on the street. However, the view of the town was great and the location was good too. It was close to the train station, lots of shops and restaurants. Overall, our experience was not superb but I would likely stay at the Parade Park again.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Noise
United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 April 2008

Stayed here for a couple of nights at the end of March and would definately return. The room was small and amenities are basic, but the room was clean, the bed was comfy and the staff were friendly. The only drawback is that it doesn't have its own car park and the reccomended pay and display one can be difficult to find a space in at times (you also need to get change for the machine).

I would reccomend this hotel purely on its location: it could hardly be bettered! Easy walking distance to plenty of pubs/restaurants (Yak Yeti Yak around the corner on Pierrepont Street was fabulous) and the main shopping streets. Also just 5 minutes walk from the Roman Baths and the Thermae Spa.

• Liked — Location location location!
  • Disliked — No private car park
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank vampgirl
London
Reviewed 11 March 2008

I stayed at Parade Park (7/03/08 – 9/03/08) with a group of friends. The staff could not have been more helpful from the first phone call enquiry to checking out. They were very patient with us when our bookings changed and accommodated in every way they could.

The hotel is in a great location. Very easy to find from the train station, and every main attraction and good bars /restaurants were 10 mins walk away at the most. The facilities at the hotel were great. The Lambretta Bar which is attached to it had a great atmosphere and the bar waiters were also a friendly bunch. The rooms and hotel in general was exceptionally clean and the rooms a good size. As we were a group, I saw 5 rooms in total and each room was clean, bright and airy and most had great views. I have stayed in much more ‘exclusive’ and expensive hotels and the level of cleanliness has not even been half as good and room size minute in comparison. The linen and towels were very new and the beds were very comfortable with thick duvets. The rooms were lovely and warm but also had big windows which could be opened. It does look newly refurbished and I think those who say the website is misleading are being slightly unfair. I think you got what the website said you got and the photos were accurate.

The breakfast was continental, but had a good selection of breads and cereals and also had boiled eggs, fresh fruit and yoghurt. If you really wanted a fry up there were a few good cafes within a minutes walk.

I would definitely recommend staying in this hotel. For the price bracket, I think you definitely got value for money. Our criteria was a hotel which would take a group (many smaller hotels would not), was under £100 per night and was not budget nor a cheaper chain – Parade Park hit all these. If you have more money to spend or want a more romantic stay, then there are other places in Bath which may interest you, but this suited us perfectly and we will return both as a group, and individually for a more ‘couples’ weekend in Bath.

• Liked — Location, Friendly Staff and Cleanliness
  • Disliked — Nothing springs to mind - all good.
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank C&D48