A stay at Brindley’s is like having good friends in Bath who invite you to stay at their lovely Victorian mansion. From the time you enter through the garden gate, down the garden path, and into the house, it is simply lovely, charming, and thoroughly inviting! I couldn’t prevent a big delighted smile from forming on my face. At this point you wouldn’t describe the process as “check-in” but rather “welcome-in”. There is no elevator (or “lift” as they call it here) but don’t fret about this; the staff happily hauled our 50 lb suitcases up to our room and graciously replied to our apologies with, ”don’t worry, we’ve had worse!”...although I did not believe this.
We stayed in Bedroom Two. It was small but very pleasant with charming furniture and a chandelier. An armoire provided storage for our things. Overall the feel was a comfortable elegance. The bedding was comfy and the towels thick and fluffy. The bathroom had nice stone walls, and special note of the shower must be made - amazing water pressure! I love that!!!
In the morning we woke up to the smell of croissants baking downstairs, as if beckoning us down to dine. Breakfast is taken in their beautiful little French accented, bright and airy breakfast room. There is a continental buffet and a petite breakfast menu, which includes eggs to order, and coffee was by French press. These breakfasts were delicious and substantial.
The location is in a residential neighborhood that provides peace and quiet, but is an easy and lovely stroll across the Avon into the Bath town center, near the Abbey and Roman Baths.
Our hosts were so kind and gracious. They take care of everything at Brindley’s, so it was especially nice to have some chat-time with them while we were waiting for our ride. And a special thank you for going that “extra mile”.
I can hardly wait to return to Bath and stay at Brindley’s.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Brindleys is our luxury, bijou boutique B&B in an excellent, peaceful location, just 5-7 minutes level walk from the very centre of Bath, offering 6 individually designed rooms, with stunning furnishings and decor, high-spec ensuites, complimentary on-street parking, award winning breakfasts, high speed WiFi and lots of little extra touches, to make your stay special. At Brindleys, our guiding principle is to offer exceptional accommodation and service, so guests feel they are 'home from home.' We want your stay to be one you remember and want to tell your friends. We believe that a few things about a boutique B&B hotel are key - comfortable beds, immaculate bathrooms, fresh flowers and a hearty breakfast with a high standard of service in a convenient location. That is what Brindleys is all about. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA and Priceline so you can book your Brindleys Boutique B & B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Brindleys Boutique Hotel Bath
- Brindleys Boutique Bed And Breakfast Hotel