“Lovely place”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bath
Bathwick Street B & B
Ranked #80 of 155 Bath B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 December 2012

I booked this B&B for my boyfriends birthday and I must say it was the best place I have ever stayed in. The onwers are very friendly and they make you feel welcome. The townhouse is stunning and I loved the decor of the house, especially the bedrooms and bathroom. Breakfast the next morning was really nice and Liza had laid out a variety of foods to choose from. The location is perfect (only a ten mins walk to Bath centre). I have visited Bath quite a few times and I would love to stay here again for my next return.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 14 December 2012

This was the first time we had stayed in a "boutiquey" hotel, and we were pleasantly delighted!

Our lovely hosts were welcoming and friendly, even though we turned up dripping wet all over their house.

The drawing room was a a little oasis of peace in front of a real fire, and it was great to see such meticulous attention to detail in the authenticity.

The Scandinavian breakfast was really special, although stick with cereal and homemade bread toast, if you're not a fan of pickled fish.

The bed was very comfortable, and was long enough for my (tall) husband to sleep in. (This has been an issue in other 4 poster beds).

I have been recommending this B&B to friends and family - it would make an excellent base to visit Bath for 2 couples.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 December 2012

We stayed in the big room. I was amazed at the authentic furniture and pieces and to discover the history of the house. Also, guests have 2 entire floors to themselves because of how Liza and Pete have divided the house up. The drawing room was lovely to rest and read in and the port/ whiskey on offer made it that little bit more comfortable.
Liza and Pete give great customer service but are also just really nice people! They even gave us a lift to the train station because we were running a bit late! Can't do better than that.
They could do with a front door buzzer and also the water pressure in the shower was a little low but there was nothing else to fault. I came away from the break feeling fully refreshed (the bed is really really comfortable; slept like a baby) and prepared for the week ahead.
Thanks!

Room Tip: The bigger room costs a little more but not much when you consider the space that you get. I would g...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 August 2012

This is a real gem. It's not really like staying in a B&B at all, it feels more like you're staying with good friends you've known for years. Especially when you're all sitting together around the big table in the kitchen, enjoying the Scandinavian breakfast and chatting to the hosts about their gorgeous wood-burning kitchen stove...

And the Georgian sitting room is just amazing!

Probably the nicest B&B I've ever stayed in.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
evablue, Owner at Bathwick Street B & B, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2012

Thankyou for your lovely review. We're so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Hope to see you agian.

Reviewed 11 August 2012

Thanks for a great stay in Bath! We only stayed for one night- but we were warmly welcomed and given plenty of info in the room about what to do in bath etc. Our room was on the small side but that didnt really bother us and as long as the bed is comfy and its clean I don't really mind :) Really friendly service and the breakfast was delicious. If we're back in Bath again I'm sure we'd return here!

Mary

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

Thankyou for your review. Hope to see you again.

Reviewed 27 July 2012

My partner and I stayed at this wonderful quirky bed and breakfast for a one night stay.
Very friendly and helpful and was lovely to stay in such a great location to the city centre.
The house is an original georgian style house with such great furniture pieces that keep the 'period' of that time still very present.
The breakfast was very laid back and extremely yummy, catered for what you fancied and even what time you wanted it for...Very peaceful and would certainly stay there again!!!

Room Tip: We had the compact room which although yes is small is adequate for what you need it for...very quie...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple

It's always a pleasure to have great people staying at the b&b, hope to see you again and thankyou.

Reviewed 3 July 2012

The B&B is located just minutes from the city centre. It’s furnished with amazing antique pieces and is made up with impeccable taste and great attention to period features. I had to travel on my own, but the reception was so welcoming that I felt less lonely. The hosts are very friendly and are happy to chat and give advice about the town over a lovingly prepared breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo