“Such History !”

Highlights of Bath City Walk
Ranked #5 of 59 Tours in Bath
More attraction details
Owner description: Private guided walks of Bath with a friendly and informative local. Private tours for couples,groups of all sizes and families from £65 for 2 hour tour. Choose length and theme of private tours from City Highlights, Jane Austen in Bath, Family Tour, Bath Highlights and Foodie Tour, Bath City and Country!See all the main attractions whilst you learn about Bath's fascinating history and the lives of its famous residents. Tours at a time to suit you. Your tour, your way!
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Wheelchair access
Reviewed 16 October 2013

I went on a tour of Bath because I thought it was a little village built Roman-style with a pool and cobble stoned streets. I was expecting a small village with a few shops..quaint, low key, not many people. I was totally wrong and I loved it! The city was beautiful. There was the Roman influence in the architecture of the buildings, the baths, the cobblestoned streets. Such history..so much information about the city and the construction of the pools. As usual, I didn't have enough time to see everything. My advice to anyone wanting to go there is to do research and study the history before you go instead of after like I did. Oh well, there's always next year.

All reviews
"pump room"
in 8 reviews
"royal crescent"
in 9 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 4 reviews
"couple of hours"
in 5 reviews
"city centre"

Reviewed 12 September 2013

Our 2-3 hour walk with Sue around Bath was fantastic. Not only did we get to see every major site in Bath with expert knowledge along the way but we got to sample a Bath Bun, a delicious cream tea, a pint of local ale and a Sally Lunn Bun. Sue is very friendly and personable, we booked a private tour with her on our honeymoon and it was not the least bit awkward being just the three of us. In fact Sue made us feel very at home and it was like walking with a friend. Having a common interest in British history we got into many discussions. I am so glad we chose to do this tour, I have been to Bath many times but have never seen it in this light and so much of it in such little time!

1  Thank Moph4ct2
Reviewed 9 September 2013

One of the most beautiful Cities in the country if not the world, visit the Roman Baths either on a guided tour or simply walk it yourself. Visit the Royal Crescent with the cobbled street and not forgetting the museum at no 1. Take the open top bus tour with a guide and see the highlights. If you like shopping there are plenty of small individual shops tucked up every street as well as the large stores. So much choice for eating out. A safe place to walk at night. See the Abbey with the lights on it at night and also the gardens by the river. Take a boat trip up through the many locks. Visit the American Museum and also Prior Park and take in the local history. At Christmas look out for the Christmas market with plenty of stalls. You need to visit for two or three days to see it all. I never get fed up with visiting Bath.

Reviewed 8 September 2013

I'm the london Blue Badge tour guide mentioned below. I have been bringing groups of American tourists to Bath from London on day tours for years but I have never had the time to really look at the city. As I was staying with friends this weekend I thought I would join a Bath walking tour. Sue our guide was wonderful, she entertained our small group as the professional that she is taking us off the beaten track and into those out of the way places you would never find on your own. A small Georgian garden right in the heart of the city, I had no idea it was there and I've been coming to Bath for years. If you want a walking tour of Bath then this is the tour to take. Thank you Sue, you were brilliant. Robert.

1  Thank robertbluebadgeguide
See more reviews
Reviewed 7 September 2013 via mobile

What an interesting walk and informative guide! Funnily enough, our tour of 8 people on a Sept Saturday included a tour guide from the Jane Austen Center and a tour guide from London! We covered a lot of territory and I was so surprised as we rounded a corner and the Royal Crescent popped up framed with gorgeous gardens in the immediate foreground. Really really, lovely. I agree with a previous reviewer that I can now identify Georgian and pre-Georgian architecture. I highly recommend touring with Sue or one of the guides that works with her.

1  Thank D0bby