“Get a fascinating insider's view of Bath's great history”

Highlights of Bath City Walk
Ranked #9 of 58 Tours in Bath
More attraction details
Owner description: Private and open guided walks of Bath with a friendly and informative local. Private tours for couples,groups of all sizes and families from £55 for 2 hour tour. Choose length and theme of private tours from City Highlights, Jane Austen in Bath,Bath Highlights and Foodie Tour, Bath City and Country!See all the main attractions whilst you learn about Bath's fascinating history and the lives of its famous residents. Tours at a time to suit you. Your tour, your way!
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Wheelchair access
London, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Get a fascinating insider's view of Bath's great history”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Sorry its taken a while to write this review. Thank you to Dickon for a superb guided walk of Bath during our friends reunion weekend. Sue, thank you for arranging.
The guided walk brought alive a fascinating insiders' view of Bath's history, of
the people that shaped and built the great city over the centuries. The guided walk is full of great stories and humour. Don't miss booking this if you are visiting Bath. You will leave with a deep fondness for this beautiful city.

Visited May 2014
susieBath_England, Owner at Highlights of Bath City Walk, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dickon is a wonderful guide and i am not surprised you enjoyed your tour. Thank you so much for writing the review. Sue

Bath, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Tour with Personal Tips”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Sue, our guide was extremely passionate about Bath and of course knowledgeable. She shared her own personal experience to make recommendations off the beaten track. A must do for all new comers to Bath. Simply Excellent.

Visited May 2014
susieBath_England, Owner at Highlights of Bath City Walk, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
It was lovely to meet you on Saturday and I am so pleased that as a resident you enjoyed the tour and learned a lot about our beautiful city.
San Francisco, California
“Great Walk”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

My wife and I went on Sue's Saturday afternoon walk yesterday and it was all we could have hoped for and more. Perhaps the best part is that she is a native and knows not only history but also a great deal about today's Bath and why it is such an interesting place now as well as in the past. This was a huge plus as was her thorough knowledge of the place and, in particular, its Georgian architecture. We highly recommend this tour.

Visited May 2014
susieBath_England, Owner at Highlights of Bath City Walk, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. I really enjoyed the tour with you all yesterday.
Kings Creek, Australia
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 69 helpful votes
“The Best!”
Reviewed 9 February 2014

I completed the Private Bath Tour in December with both my husband and teenage daughter. I have not long returned home (thus the reason for the delay in posting this review).
We were based in London and despite searching for a tour of Bath and Stonehenge I could not find a perfect match so I opted for a morning private Bath tour with Sue and an afternoon Stonehenge/Lacock village tour with Lion Tours - we could not have been happier!
We arrived via train early and Sue met us at the station this way we were able to do our tour before any crowds arrived – just perfect.
Sue was super friendly, easy to talk too, very informative and helpful meeting all of our needs without bogging us down in too much detail - exactly what we were after. We covered Bath history including local, literary and architectural history. On the side Sue provides you with all the best local tips and advice as well. Bath has so much to offer & I really hope to return one day (hopefully soon) and see it in more detail – plus we did not have time to visit any shops which in passing looked top quality…
We all thoroughly enjoyed our private tour with Sue despite the rain and had a fantastic morning - on the side the tour is very economical.

Visited December 2013
Kansas City
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Such History !”
Reviewed 16 October 2013

I went on a tour of Bath because I thought it was a little village built Roman-style with a pool and cobble stoned streets. I was expecting a small village with a few shops..quaint, low key, not many people. I was totally wrong and I loved it! The city was beautiful. There was the Roman influence in the architecture of the buildings, the baths, the cobblestoned streets. Such history..so much information about the city and the construction of the pools. As usual, I didn't have enough time to see everything. My advice to anyone wanting to go there is to do research and study the history before you go instead of after like I did. Oh well, there's always next year.

Visited September 2013