“Disappointing Saturday lunch”

Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Lovingly handmade cakes
Reviewed 17 November 2013

My boyfriend and I visited Bath this weekend and popped into Patisserie Valerie for lunch. We both ordered full English breakfasts and were really disappointed with the quality of the food. It shouldn't be that hard to get right but the eggs were microwaved (and very bland), the sausages were cold and the price was pretty high.

I've always enjoyed Valerie's pastries but wouldn't visit again for anything other than a hot chocolate and cake.

Reviewed 14 November 2013

we stopped in this patisserie for coffee and double chocolate gateau (shared the cake!) during our first day in Bath. The staff were all very friendly and welcoming, the coffee excellent and the cake delicious. We might go back tomorrow!

Reviewed 6 November 2013

Early morning visit - but still very busy, I was with a client, she had a cake which she said tasted a bit damp! Not a good thing - no.
Maybe it was the weather or the way the item was stored who knows, it will not stop me from returning for another great coffee, but don't think that my client will be back.

Reviewed 5 November 2013

Popped in here for mille-feuille (custard, rather than strawberry), iced tea, and milkshake. The vanilla milkshake was delicious - what I call a 'proper' milkshake: chilled, thick, creamy and tasty. The mille-feuille was fresh and very filling (best to get the cakes early on in the day, as occasionally they are not as fresh as you'd like, come late afternoon)! The Lipton's iced teas came in their plastic bottles (not a problem), with glasses and some ice. Unfortunately, the Lipton's wasn't even cool, so we had to ask the waitress for more ice and leave it to chill for a bit in the glasses. A shame, really, (not to mention ironic, serving 'iced tea' at room temperature) because apart from that, everything was good.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

find myself going to the Bath branch about once a week in the morning to take advantage of there morning deal of hot drink and pastry for £2.85.
good drinks and nice large pastry's, would give 5 out of 5 but the pastry's seem a bit stale every time I visit.