“Delicious and very enjoyable”
Review of Patisserie Valerie

Patisserie Valerie
Ranked #4 of 8 Dessert in Bath
Price range: US$4 - US$20
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Lovingly handmade cakes
Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

This is our favourite patisserie. It does not stay open very late so plan a daytime visit. It is a great place for breakfast, lunch or an afternoon treat. Their menu had a surprisingly large offering. They also have take away options. The shop itself is cozy yet comfortable. The pastry selection looked fantastic, something for everyone.

There are newer reviews for Patisserie Valerie

Reviewed 4 June 2014

I've never eaten in a Patisserie Valerie before, having only once got a croissant to take away once when I was on holiday in another city but as I was in Bath with my sister we decided to treat ourselves. It was pouring with rain when we arrived and the small restaurant was fairly busy. We weren't acknowledged on our way in so we decided to find an empty table and sit down. After about 5-10 minutes,a waitress arrived to take our order but we were told that the milk frothier wasn't working so they couldn't do cappuccinos, lattes or hot chocolates so that was a bit disappointing but we found something else instead. I ordered pancakes and my sister chose a piece of cake and they arrived fairly quickly as did the drinks. The food was nice enough but some of it is quite pricey for what it is.

The restaurant itself was nice but it is quite small and cramped and it'd be hard to have too much of a private conversation here as the tables are fairly close together. There is also only one toilet which isn't all that great for a restaurant of this size.

I can't see myself visiting this restaurant regularly, particularly in light of the prices but it's nice for the odd treat.

1  Thank Skybird14
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Only went here for a coffee as it was pouring and it looked very welcoming. Very polite staff show you to your table and take your order. Cakes looked delicious but were a bit dry. Did think £13.50 was quite expensive for 2 coffees and cake.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

This cafe serves really tasty food, the breakfasts are excellent and the croissants super large but really tasty and the coffee tastes good too! But the cakes are just amazing, works of art in the window to tempt you in. If you are looking for a something special, drop in and check out the patisserie. If I lived in Bath it could seriously damage my bank account. Enjoy!

Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

Popped in for cream tea and was left happy and full...Highly recommended if you fancy something traditional and naughty.