“Terrible”

Redcar Hotel
Ranked #29 of 30 Hotels in Bath
“Terrible”
Reviewed 18 March 2014 via mobile

The room was dirty, the doors and wall in the bathroom had lots of dirt, the shower head was extremely dirty, the heavy curtain was dirty. I want to go to Bath again but definitely I won't book this hotel.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Simona S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
West Sussex, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 March 2014

My main problem concerns the fact that we have a fairly large hotel in Bath with no car parking facilities - I know they say they have limited spaces available but actually you cannot get a space - if you did then you won the lottery. It would be more honest to say so rather than have a monotonic receptionist with limited knowledge of English giving an apologetic 'no', a response that he has obviously given many time previously, not even a map showing the nearest car park.
This is a hotel for a quick overnight stay, do not expect anything as good as a Premier Inn or Travelodge, as they say, remember this is Bath where everything is old & tired.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Bath hotels

UK
Reviewed 17 March 2014

What a shame. Great location with car parking. Friendly receptionist But oh. the hotel is so tired and dirty. Stains on the ceiling over my friends bed. Dirty shower. Bedding that should be thrown out and beds like a board. The worst nights sleep ever. No breakfast facilities - but then again I suppose would you want it. Ill fitting carpets which are surely a health and safety issue. Dear owners please sell this hotel to someone with the money and passion to restore it to its former glory. Dont let this fine building decay any further.

Room Tip: The hotel a few doors down looks really nice
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank globetrotter666
West Bay, Grand Cayman
Reviewed 12 March 2014

My husband booked 4 rooms for a stag do at this hotel and unfortunately ended up not coming to Bath in the end. There was a mix up with the cancellation and resulted in a large no-show fee which the hotel were perfectly entitled to charge. However, we called and explained the situation and the people we spoke to were very very nice and understanding and agreed to waive the fee. Although we didn't stay here I was really impressed with the way we were treated on the phone and can imagine the hotel staff are lovely to deal with. Thanks again!

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Woodley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Receptionist was rude and aggressive when presented with a challenge
Trailing electrical cables across a very wonky floor
rattling floor boards and sash windows
fire doors that push you down the stairs
curtains falling down
dirty bathroom (there was even blood on the loo seat yuk)

I should have taken heed from the customer in front of me who walked out - I agree environmental health the HSE and the local fire brigade should both know about the hazards presented at this hotel

we visited on 8th March 2014 and really wouldn't recommend apart from the location which was a 5 min walk into the town.

Room Tip: don't use this hotel.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Karen W
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 March 2014

I've just got back from spending a weekend in Bath with my boyfriend and we stayed at Redcar for just one night and to be honest I am so pleased it was only the one night! Everything about this hotel is pretty dire and it is in desperate need of a face lift. The carpet in our room was worn out, the wardrobe doors didn't close properly, all the plugs sockets looked like they could electrocute you, the smoke alarm had been covered in some sort of cling film! The list could go on. The only plus side I guess is the location as it is a 5 minute walk from the city centre, but it is pretty overpriced for what you get. I wish we had spent a little bit more money and got a nicer hotel! Lesson learnt.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jenny D
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 March 2014

we booked this hotel at last minute just a spur of the moment trip. we have stayed in many different hotels and travel lodges. we went to the room to find, thread bare carpets, a disgusting and dirty bathroom, the shower wouldn't turn off, the toilet wouldn't flush and the bed matress was filthy I wouldn't of let my dogs sleep on it SERIOUSLY! it was so dated, musty smelling and in terrible condition. I told the man on reception and he said, what do you expect its cheap haha, he said " its like a corsa compared to a jaguar" you get what you pay for. well we just couldn't sleep there because it was so disgusting.you have to pay £10 for parking aswell and you will NOT get a refund so please don't even book this place. we are a hard working couple a builder and a sales manager not posh or expecting the earth just a clean bed for the night but no chance here. we ended up staying at leigh park best Weston 8 miles down the road. it was the same price and really nice and clean with a working toilet and no chance of disease haha. redcar hotel is like a dirty hostel and also has a reputation with the other hotels for being the worst in bath, I have taken a picture of the matress that I will put on here. honestly read all the bad reviews and expect worse. it was the family room we had on the top floor. I have never wrote a review before but feel I had to share this information. I am also going to report them to environmental health it is that bad!

Room Tip: stay somewhere else
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple