“Amazing staff !!! Go out of their way to help”

Travelodge Bath Central
Ranked #29 of 32 Hotels in Bath
Reviewed 21 May 2014

The hotel was clean and comfortable the staff were amazing they remember me and also remember my husband birthday any thing you ask for they delivery it hassle free and with a smile so friendly and helpful. Honestly can't say a bad word about it. We stayed in room 14 and 4 the views were not the best them but the location is grate and the staff amazing.

• Stayed: May 2014
There are newer reviews for Travelodge Bath Central

Reviewed 19 May 2014

VERY NOISY - walls were thin and all i could hear was a bunch of girls laughing their heads off outside the door.

The evening had a nightclub just underneath......... so that was noisy too

Location is great, next to loads of things.

There was no hairdryer!! and lift took forever, so I had to wait and get a hairdryer downstairs after i was soaking wet :/

The bed wasn't that comfy either :l and when working all day and the day again tomorrow I need a comfy bed!

But overall i'd say average. It was the only hotel available with space in Bath that day....

Also no phones in the room!! Every question must go down... and the slacking staff made me wait around longer than I should.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 May 2014

This Travelodge is in a brilliant location. Yes it is over a club on a noisy road but what do you expect in a city center? The staff were really friendly and helpful, they made sure we had top floor rooms so that we were further away from the noise. Parking is easy at Charlotte Street. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Location of the hotel is very good as you are within walking distance of all the shops and restaurants.
However, unless you're actually going to go to the nightclub downstairs until it shuts then do not stay here.
There is a nightclub directly underneath the hotel, and because we stayed on the first floor, you could hear every word of every song and the floor vibrated under our feet. Friends stayed in a room 2 doors down from us and their radiator rattled and vibrated with the bass from the music.
To then top it off someone who was drunk in the club smashed the fire alarm, and everyone was evacuated from the building at 3am. We were all stood outside in our pjs!
When we got back to our room we could hear smashing bottles where the empty beer bottles were being stored underneath our window in bags and were being thrown on the floor by the night club staff.
So although their website says to expect some noise and that there is a nightclub underneath, do not under estimate how loud that is going to be!

• Stayed: May 2014
4  Thank Gizmomay
Reviewed 14 May 2014

First thing: location of this Travelodge was very good. Walking distance (5 mins or so) to most major attractions, shops and many restaurants.

The building looked really old and dull from the outside, but inside is clean and nice looking. Reception area is quite small, and there are a few chairs to sit in (4 if I'm not mistaken) for waiting although you most likely won't need it since check-in was very quick. There's a lift if you have lots of luggage you don't want to lug up the stairs.

Room was basic. I think they are in the process of upgrading their hotels, since the mattress felt new and firm, and the room as a whole looked fresh. Comfortable. The nightclub thing is true, there are people shouting and yelling at night, but with the telly on it's fine, and it didn't wake me up or stop me from falling asleep.

Staff were super nice and helpful! Had a problem with the heating, and it was taken care of while I went out for dinner, so I returned to a nice warm room. When I asked to confirm directions to a restaurant (I had looked it up before hand on-line, but I just wanted to make sure), she even printed me out a map to take along. Had a package delivered to the hotel, and I was able to get it with no fuss. Excellent!

I would definitely stay here again, and would recommend it to others for an affordable stay with good value for your money.

Room Tip: Try to get one on the upper floors, facing away from the main road so that you don't hear the no...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank quadhel
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Central position handy for the shops and ancient Bath.

Reception staff directed me to a car park 0.2 miles away which was relatively uinexpensive (£8.50 for a day and a half) and which did not need me to constantly feed a meter.

Room was LARGE, clean and comfortable. Despite being on a road the double glazing was very effective at keeping out noise until the dutman arrived at 0630!

A good choice for central Bath but be aware there is a disco next door and rooms on the main road maybe noisy....

Room Tip: Avoid ground florr on the front as you may get noise from the disco at night
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SouthCerney
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Hotel was clean, Lights in my room were a bit dodgy and took ages to actually turn on but the worst was the nightclub directly underneath the hotel from which I could hear noise and shouting until 3am in the morning. (on a wednesday night)

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business