“Noisy outside and hot inside”

Travelodge Bath Central
Ranked #26 of 31 Hotels in Bath
Derby, United Kingdom
“Noisy outside and hot inside”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

You won't get much sleep if you stay here on a warm summer's evening. With no air conditioning, you will want to keep the window open for some air flow, but with the pub nearby, expect hooligans chanting rowdily until past 3 am. If you've already booked, be sure to bring some earplugs!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
  • Greek first
Neath Port Talbot, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Excellent value for money. The staff were extremely helpful, nothing was too much trouble. Hotel was spotlessly clean. The hotel is in an excellent position in Bath for sightseeing although it is positioned on top of a disco,
which is stated on website so if u like peace and quiet maybe try and request a room in the rear of hotel, but one of the quietest hotels I have ever stayed in as for noise inslde hotel. Enjoyed it so much we stayed an extra four days.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Scunthorpe
Reviewed 25 July 2014

I tried (unsuccessfully) to book in the local B&Bs, with a lack of availability for the two day period I required, always one day was available but ne'er the two.
I have used Travelodge before and I only require a bed for the night so their facilities are fine for my requirements. I read some reviews, and yes the windows do not open wide (hello are they not aware that the UK is PC and H&S gone mad), I was on the third floor so the disco never bothered me, only when mini-skirted girls were loudly enjoying themselves at half two and sitting on the pavement opposite,( I'm sure we've all caused someone earache during our own lifetime) and as I was on the roofline I was privy to the mewing of the gulls. But once they were shooed away the problem was solved. People mentioned heat , well this is our hottest july for aeons and maybe we should make the most of it. So all in all you get what you pay for, but the Travelodge still offers value for money if you have a little flexibility in your approach and expectations.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on two occasions this year. Firstly as part of a large group of women and secondly with my boyfriend. Both times the stay was wonderful with staff going above and beyond their duty. On the first occasion the staff made us aware of the noisy nightclub (both times this wasn't a problem) and offered us a quiet room free of charge for my elderly Grandmother! A lovely gesture. We also locked ourselves out of our room several times and the staff were happy to unlock them for us despite our stupidity (sorry and thank you!) The rooms were clean and freshly decorated so no complaints there! Would recommend this hotel to anyone although do ask for a quiet room if you are a light sleeper, the nightclub is noisy (we ended up joining in!).

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend were visiting bath over the weekend and needed somewhere as a base for the night.
The bath central travelodge Is exactly that, central. Very good location with everything in walking distance. We had a lovely trip which was ruined by the terrible night sleep we both had.
Before booking, their website states that the is a club next door, DO NOT underestimate how loud it can be. The base was reverberating around the room from 8pm-3am and it was so loud it made the windows rattle. Because of the city location it's understandable for there to be general city noises but this was just ridiculous! I could even make out what songs were being played. I can honestly say I won't be staying again which is a shame as it's location is brilliant.
My advice is to be mindful before you book.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Hsearle

Travellers are raving about these Bath hotels

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 July 2014

This hotel was picked purely on price and location suitable to our needs. Unfortunately we needed a good nights sleep too but that wasn't available. Social scene & early morning traffic contibuted to a sleepless night. There were no issues with the hotel itself or the staff. We are returning to Bath in the next few months but will be making other accommodation plans.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Ideal location if you want to stay in the heart of bath. Otherwise, you have limited choices of more expensive but established hotels. If you just want a bed for the night in reasonably pleasant surroundings, then I would recommend this Travelodge. The latest upgrade has improved the accommodation greatly.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family