“excellent museum”

City Sightseeing Bath Hop-On Hop-Off Tour
Ranked #10 of 160 things to do in Bath
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The Fashion Museum Bath holds and develops a world-class collection of historical fashionable dress, with which it presents informative and engaging exhibitions and displays and, through the (pre-booked) Fashion Museum Study Facilities, provides opportunities for audiences to engage with the museum collection.
Arlington, Virginia
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“excellent museum”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

This museum was much larger than we expected; we spent almost 2 hours there. The audio guides provide great information, with much of the fashion linked to the politics and economics of the times--really fascinating.

Visited June 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
midwest
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“My wife loved this place.”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I am not much of a fashion buff but did enjoy the museum. Not many people on the day we visited which allowed us to read all the displayed information. It also was an audio tour.

Nashville, Tennessee
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“More interesting than expected”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

The staff were friendly and informative. The audio guide was fantastic. The exhibits were not only beautiful and logically arranged, but they did a great job (with the audio guide) of explaining the significance of what I was seeing and pointing out the evolution of western fashion and details of the pieces that I wouldn't have really noticed myself (not a big fan of sewing or fashion). The collection itself was smaller than I expected, but also much better than I anticipated- quality pieces instead of just overwhelming volumes of stuff. It was a well-designed and interesting museum!

Baltimore, Maryland
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Surprisingly good”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

We are not such fashion conscious folk, but really enjoyed the period dress exhibit. The audio guide provided a great narrative to keep us interesting. Fun tip - if you want to handle anything in the museum (Georgian dresses, menswear from the 1870s, etc.), you can write them in advance, no letter of introduction necessary. The place was overrun with school kids, which was the one drawback for me.

London
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“So full of fashion!”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

The staff were extremely helpful when we needed some help and the displays were brilliant. My friend and I had taught sewing so were fascinated by the work people had put into these garments over the ages.

Visited June 2014