“Let down by another restaurant...”
Review of The Mint Room

The Mint Room
Ranked #30 of 583 Restaurants in Bath
Price range: US$32 - US$39
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Mint Room, is a multi award-winning fine dining Indian restaurant located in the beautiful, historic city of Bath...
Stamford
“Let down by another restaurant...”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

....and thank goodness we were as it meant we could visit the Mint Room!

Presentation, options and delicacy of values was superb. Nice stylish restaurant even if it's in a not too nice road.

We were very pleased with our meal, my scallops were cooked to perfection and the dessert of poached pear and coconut ice cream was superb.

Helpful none intrusive staff, a very pleasant meal and definitely a restaurant to recommend.

1 Thank DianeLS

Bristol, United Kingdom
“Very delicious and inventive”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Lovely selection of dishes that aren't just the typical indian foods you'd expect. The veggie options were really nice. The aubergine steak was in a really nice surrounding sauce, lemon rice was fragrant. The pudding that was like a carrot cake was AMAZING!

1 Thank Amy373
Norfolk, United Kingdom
“Modern room, modern food”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

This upmarket Indian serves classic and more unusual dishes with great flair.
Food is stylishly presented, clearly freshly cooked and straight from the tandoor, though a little under-spiced for my taste.
The room is modern and chic and the service crisp and attentive.
Prices are reasonable too, less than £60 for two including drinks.
Immediately opposite the Holiday Inn Express.
Well worth a visit.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank SCT55
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Anniversary lunch”
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

We were taken here by our daughter and son in law to celebrate our 49th wedding anniversary.
We love Indian food but this was even better than the curry Restaurant' s we often use.
The presentation of the food was fantastic. The service was very attentive without being imposing.
I would definitely eat here again.

1 Thank Frank N
Bath, United Kingdom
“Lovely birthday dinner but slightly spoilt by drunkards!”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I booked a big table for my family to celebrate my 37th birthday. We were all looking forward to it but I was dismayed when we arrived to see a HUGE group of very drunk and loud men (at 6pm!) all around the entrance and blocking the doorway. It looked like staff were having a word with them beforehand but they were very boisterous and some were very disrespectful (standing on chairs and climbing over them onto our chairs, one was sneezing all over a member of staff - it really had to be seen to be believed! ). If it were my restaurant I would have turned them away or thrown them out so not to spoil everyone elses meal. The staff were very apologetic and told us to complain if they were annoying us but to be honest the looks on our faces said enough!

Halfway through our meal the drunk men left and it was only then I realised how bad they'd been. We could finally all hear ourselves talk and could converse with one another! I really don't know why those men had to pick a nice place like The Mint Room for their stag do dinner - it was very inappropriate for them to be acting like that in there.

Anyhow - as usual the food was fantastic. My swordfish starter was gorgeous, the Chicken sag delightful and the cauliflower bhaji was good too. I had a carrot cake for dessert (which was very unusual but lovely) and I also got a free birthday dessert (chocolate mousse with cinammon in it) - the staff were lovely and professional - if it hadn't have been for the noisy men this would be a 5 star review!

Unfortunately I will now make a point of not going to the Mint Room on a Friday or Saturday night as I don't want my nice dinner ruined by drunken stag dos. I will however visit again in the week as the food is fabulous and the service excellent!

• Visited August 2014