“A nice surprise!”

Ranked #2 of 51 Coffee & Tea in Bath
Price range: US$6 - US$14
Cuisines: American, British, Cafe
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast
Description: Boston Tea Party is a small family owned independent cafe group serving simple well-prepared food & drinks made with great ingredients, skill and love. Ethically sourced, affordable, feel-good & excellent quality - made from scratch onsite everyday by people who care about what they do. Bath is our smallest & possibly busiest cafe with rarely a spare seat & usually a queue out the door. The quintessential place to watch the world go by, perfectly perched on the edge of a busy Bath square with loads of outside seating & near all the gorgeous Georgian stuff that makes Bath so popular.
Reviewed 28 March 2014

I had walked past the Boston Tea Party quite a few times since I first got to Bath, and finally my curiosity got the better of me. My girlfriend and I came in one afternoon for lunch, and both ordered the veggie burger and smoothies. I am not a vegetarian (girlfriend is), but the burger was delicious! It was definitely the first time I had been served a meal in a baking tray haha. We are going to pop back in very soon!

Dave H, Social Media Representative at Boston Tea Party Bath Kingsmead Square, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2014

Thank you very much for your review. It's good to hear we finally enticed you in! Even better to hear that we'll be seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 28 March 2014

Lovely cream tea...the scones are to die for but do not go after 3.30pm as you'll risk not finding any. The tea is also lovely. On another occasion we tried the creamy cappuccino, carrot cake and chocolate caramel shortbread...divine! Wish I could take this lovely cafe back home with me!! Only setback is that seating is a bit crammed but its worth it!

Thank you very much for your lovely review. We take pride in our homemade scones, baked fresh every day and you're quite right, they can go pretty fast! Also very glad to hear that the often (extremely) cosy nature of the café didn't detract from your enjoyment of your many visits.

Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

Called in for a coffee before going to the theatre. A little cramped bit a very pleasant atmosphere. This could easily become a hangout for me if I lived in Bath. Loved the food.

Dave H, Social Media Representative at Boston Tea Party Bath Kingsmead Square, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Thank you for your review. We're glad to hear you enjoyed your visit, though it is a shame you're not a Bath resident and this can't be your regular hangout. Perhaps one of our other branches could be...?

Reviewed 18 March 2014

We had breakfast here twice during a weekend stay in Bath and the quality of the food and drinks are excellent. The staff are also very friendly and helpful. If only the speed of the provision of drinks and service of food could be slightly speeded up it would be nigh on perfect! Despite that I would without question return next time I am in Bath and would urge others to do the same!

Dave H, Social Media Representative at Boston Tea Party Bath Kingsmead Square, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Thank you very much for your review. We're sorry to hear that you felt the service wasn't as fast as it could have been, we strive to balance our high quality of service with speed and efficiency. That said, we're glad to hear it didn't impact too greatly on your enjoyment of your time here and we hope to see you again the next time you come to Bath for a visit.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

We've lived near Bath for 30 years, and regularly come in just to have coffees and people watch for hours on end.
We have passed this place several times, but today we decided to sit and see what it had to offer - it was an unusually warm February day and the outside seating looked very inviting.
Going in to order was (as described elsewhere) snug to say the least. But who cares if you're there to chill and watch the world go by? Cosy then becomes the New Black!
The range of food and drinks is not only superb and good value, but described in a really fun and happy way - backed up by fun and happy staff. Keep it up!
We had the lemon, raspberry and mint smoothie, with the 'Get your Goat' goat's cheese toastie.
Wow - the smoothie was like being punched in the face with a punnet of rasps, drenched in lemon and then slapped in the face with a sprig of mint - absolutely delicious!!
And the toasty was so fresh and packed with cheese and flavour it left us temporarily speechless that we'd been missing out on this experience for years! Damn!!
Will we be back?? Again and again is the cry!
One suggestion? Combine the Goats Cheese with your Pulled Pork for a new twist on a burger? Title? - "Get your Goat, you've Pulled"...... Come on, that has to be funny!! See you soon.

Thank you very much for your lovely and enthusiastic review. I must admit, I'm mildly speechless myself at the sheer energy of your comments that I can only manage to say we're very glad to hear you had such a great experience and we'll be happy to see you again and again very soon.