“Lovely, until I found an unwanted extra in my lunch”
Review of Boston Tea Party

Boston Tea Party
Ranked #5 of 41 Coffee & Tea in Bath
Price range: US$5 - US$13
Cuisines: American, British, Cafe
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch
Description: Boston Tea Party is a small family owned independent cafe group serving simple well-prepared food & drinks made with great ingredients, skill and love. Ethically sourced, affordable, feel-good & excellent quality - made from scratch onsite everyday by people who care about what they do. Bath is our smallest & possibly busiest cafe with rarely a spare seat & usually a queue out the door. The quintessential place to watch the world go by, perfectly perched on the edge of a busy Bath square with loads of outside seating & near all the gorgeous Georgian stuff that makes Bath so popular.
London
“Lovely, until I found an unwanted extra in my lunch”
Reviewed 22 May 2014

We had breakfast here yesterday morning which we enjoyed, so we came back to sit outside and ordered a salad and smoothie in the sunshine at lunchtime.

All was going well...until I found a piece of yellowy gauze type material in my salad which looked like it may have come from a plaster. The manager did say that the staff wear blue plasters but I am not sure what else it could have been?! Anyway, after handing the plate back I was given a refund (minus the £2 extra I had paid for chicken which seemed mean)

The manager was very apologetic but I would hope hygiene standards might improve in this little place - it has everything else going for it but I am still gagging at the thought of this unwanted extra in my lunch.

Visited May 2014

• Korean first
“Great Burgers”
Reviewed 17 May 2014

We stopped in here for lunch today. They were really busy but we found a table inside and ordered our cheese burgers, which were great tasting, however a little pricey for a burger. The staff were all happy and ready for a laugh.

• Visited May 2014
TellBTP, Manager at Boston Tea Party, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Thank you very much for your review. We're glad you were able to find a table, our café is quite cosy and can oft be difficult to find a space. We're sorry to hear you feel our burgers are a bit pricey. We strive to keep our prices competitive and as reasonable as possible. However, glad to hear you enjoyed our burgers regardless. And the company of our lovely staff too!
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Lovely place”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Good food, good drinks, great cakes and good service, outside seating so lovely on a warm day, great for people watching

Visited June 2013
TellBTP, Manager at Boston Tea Party, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Thank you for your lovely review! We're glad you enjoyed your visit and the lovely weather we've been having down here.
Dublin, Ireland
“Excellent value afternoon tea”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Had a great afternoon tea here with my daughter.its not the posh elegant type,it all comes on a butchers block but it's so good,we had to bring home most of the cakes plus I never ate again that evening. Definetly recommend the boston tea party.

• Visited April 2014
BTPBathManager, Manager at Boston Tea Party, responded to this review, 4 May 2014
Thank you for your review. The Afternoon Tea definitely suggests elegance and class, but we couldn't do such a thing without a little Boston Tea Party twist! Rest assured, you are not the first to be defeated by the sheer size of the Afternoon Tea - nearly every time we serve one, we are giving them bags to take the leftovers home with!
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
“Fabulous food”
Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

My fiancé and I ate lunch here last weekend for the second time. Just like last time it was delicious. It is so nice for me to go somewhere and have a proper gluten free Toastie. The portion sizes are fantastic and their cakes are also very tasty - particularly for me the gluten free brownie is amazing. I would also like to comment on how friendly the staff are, they are so enthusiastic and make you feel really welcome.

Thank you very much for your lovely review, we're so glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit. We do our best to cater to all dietary requirements and it's fantastic to hear that we got it spot on with your gluten free toastie, as well as our wonderful gluten free cakes. It's also great to hear that our staff made such an impression during your visit as we pride ourselves on not only great products, but spectacular customer service too.