“Food was really bad”

Ranked #273 of 598 Restaurants in Bath
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I know it's cheap but I would rfrain from eating here. The pub garden is a nice place to have a drink but if you order food please expect stuff that has been taken out of the freezer and dinged in the microwave! Eurgh

1  Thank Tom B

Reviewed 8 May 2014

I had lunch here with my wife on Sunday 04/05/2014.
This pub is located near to Bath bus station and just off a main shopping street.
It was fairly busy when we arrived and there was a 20 minute wait for food which turned out to be at least 30.
However, the pub had a couple of large TVs showing different sports which was good.
The tables were clean and there was a good lively atmosphere amongst the customers.
I had a Classic Burger which came with a pint and my wife had a Thai Coconut chicken Curry.
The food was hot and very good.
I had Track Reward Bitter by Prescott Ales of Cheltenham which was excellent.
This is a great pub and well worth a visit.
Far better than shopping!

1  Thank TheDoctor1959
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I stopped here for a late lunch after arriving in Bath on Easter Sunday, the pub was busy as it was showing the football but that was fine, We managed to get a table 3.30pm ish and ordered some lunch, my partner had gone to order and was gone for around 15 mins service was very slow to say the least, they could've done with more staff! but nonetheless the food was lovely and warm, and the chocolate chip pizza for dessert was fabulous, definitely one to try!

One slight negative was a group on a table behind me let there child run amok all the time we were there, as a mother myself I can tolerate a mischievous child but he was going under tables and climbing on high chairs and jumping off which is dangerous, the staff should've spoken to the guests and asked politely for them to keep an eye on their child, my nerves were in shreds when we left!
Spoilt a quiet meal and drink

Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

£28 for 4 plates of food and 4 pints, certainly no complaints about value for money. My expectation of the food was therefore not great. I was pleasantly surprised. The fish and chips was actually very very good, burgers reported as tasty and the steak pie was inoffensive. Cheap and cheerful with very friendly service. Scored 4/5 purely on value for money, fine dining it is not.

Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

Unfortunately we entered this pub and sat outside and ordered food. Everthing we wanted had sold out so ended up with a curry pie(yuck). We then had to wait an hour to be served. A group in the corner were swearing with children sat close by. Toilets dirty with cigarette butts everywhere. I do not know why we stayed!!! Food arrived disgusting couldn't eat it.
Give this place a miss as there are wonderful places to eat and drink in Bath just not here!

1  Thank TravellersDevon