“Proper British Pub Grub!” 4 of 5 bubbles

The Lamb and Lion
Ranked #303 of 563 Restaurants in Bath
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television
Bath, United Kingdom
“Proper British Pub Grub!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

When we visited it was summer, so we sat in the garden situated at the back of the pub. We both had food, and also had a pile of chicken wings, and what I thought was a nice touch, when they had gone cold a waiter asked if he could warm them up for us!

Visited August 2013

• Hungarian first
Worcester, England, United Kingdom
“Pop in for a beer”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Found this place by chance whilst walking through Bath. Decided to go in for a beer/cider. Packed because of a football match was being shown. Drinks nice but not cheap and neither was the food. Best deal was 2 for 1 desserts and so took advantage of that. Bit off putting having some foul mouthed bloke within earshot when you are having a conversation but that's not the place's fault.

Bath, United Kingdom
“Food was really bad”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

I know it's cheap but I would rfrain from eating here. The pub garden is a nice place to have a drink but if you order food please expect stuff that has been taken out of the freezer and dinged in the microwave! Eurgh

• Visited March 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Tom B
Newport,Gwent
“Good City Pub”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

I had lunch here with my wife on Sunday 04/05/2014.
This pub is located near to Bath bus station and just off a main shopping street.
It was fairly busy when we arrived and there was a 20 minute wait for food which turned out to be at least 30.
However, the pub had a couple of large TVs showing different sports which was good.
The tables were clean and there was a good lively atmosphere amongst the customers.
I had a Classic Burger which came with a pint and my wife had a Thai Coconut chicken Curry.
The food was hot and very good.
I had Track Reward Bitter by Prescott Ales of Cheltenham which was excellent.
This is a great pub and well worth a visit.
Far better than shopping!

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank TheDoctor1959
Haverfordwest, United Kingdom
“Good Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

I stopped here for a late lunch after arriving in Bath on Easter Sunday, the pub was busy as it was showing the football but that was fine, We managed to get a table 3.30pm ish and ordered some lunch, my partner had gone to order and was gone for around 15 mins service was very slow to say the least, they could've done with more staff! but nonetheless the food was lovely and warm, and the chocolate chip pizza for dessert was fabulous, definitely one to try!

One slight negative was a group on a table behind me let there child run amok all the time we were there, as a mother myself I can tolerate a mischievous child but he was going under tables and climbing on high chairs and jumping off which is dangerous, the staff should've spoken to the guests and asked politely for them to keep an eye on their child, my nerves were in shreds when we left!
Spoilt a quiet meal and drink

• Visited April 2014