“Wonderful wine bar/ coffee shop/ deli”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Chandos Deli

Chandos Deli
Ranked #102 of 568 Restaurants in Bath
Price range: US$3 - US$26
Cuisines: Cafe, British, Wine Bar
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Wonderful wine bar/ coffee shop/ deli”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

Came to Bath for a one night stay, and we were 'rained' into calling in her for lunch on our first day. Wine is available by the glass, and we were late for lunch so had limited options. We had sandwiches, crisps and coffees: the bread and fillings were lovely and we had such a pleasant experience we came back the next day for pre-departure lunch, and also sampled a baguette, and shared a slice of cake. Very pleasant atmosphere - would recommend and deliberately come again. Wine available by the glass was also appealing, but alas, I needed to drive! Coming from London represented decent VFM.

• Visited August 2014

Bath, United Kingdom
“Ham and cheese tostie delight”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

My husbands office, complete with top of the range coffee machine is 30 seconds away but I still go to Chandos for coffee. Not only do they serve fantastic coffee but the best brownies EVER and fantastic toasted cheese and ham sanwiches

Visited August 2014
Malmesbury, United Kingdom
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

I just wanted a light bite and somewhere to rest my weary feet and my husband said he knew just the place so we walked into the Chandos Deli.

My eyes immediately took in the counter with filled baguettes full of delicious looking food...

There was no-one behind the counter but an assistant was talking about wines to a customer in the 'shop' section. It wasn't clear whether we were meant to wait or find our own table. I then noticed that many of tables needed clearing and those that had been cleared had not been wiped over. Not great. We looked around for a clear clean table and settled for one that just needed some crumbs wiping up. We were kept waiting with no acknowledgment from the staff who walked past us. My husband suggested that he would find out about what was on offer. He disappeared around the corner.
After some time it was all a bit awkward sitting there on my own so I thought I should go to the counter and saw my other half waiting to ask the staff for a menu or waiting to order some food. I saw there was now a long queue coming in from the front door. The assistant from earlier was talking to one of his colleagues and both completely ignoring the queue that was forming in front of them. We tried to attract their attention with an 'excuse me' but there was no response.
We then decided to leave......

• Visited June 2014
4 Thank Midgetjen
Blackburn, United Kingdom
“Great place to stop off for lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

We had spent the morning sightseeing and wanted a bite to eat for lunch. We stumbled across this fantastic deli offering a wide range of sandwiches and other treats. We opted for the delicious baguettes mine with falafel and my husband had goats cheese. Worth a visit for a quick pit stop

Visited June 2014
Bath, United Kingdom
“Perfect lunch stop”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

Seriously homely. Friendlly staff, hidden gems on the shelves, and too much temptation on display on the counter.

Visited June 2014