“Gorgeous lunch & cakes”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 7 October 2013

I visited this café in Bath quite by accident. It is situated in a quaint side street above a Fairtrade shop which is well worth a visit. The café is situated on the first floor ,is clean & I was served by a really friendly polite young man. I had a smoked salmon salad which was really tasty & the salad was so fresh, I was pleasantly surprised at the generous portion for a lunch menu. My fellow diners opted for the sweet option, and commented on how fresh and tasty the cakes were; I'll be going back to try some myself! All in all a good value, wholesome dining experience.

Reviewed 6 October 2013

While visiting Bath, we came across this cafe on a side street and decided to go in for coffee and a snack. The service was excellent and the staff very friendly. We ordered two slices of cake and a soup. The cakes were tasty, but a bit stale (hard). The soup was satisfactory. It was a nice place to sit, relax and enjoy a conversation. However, the cafe should take precautions to keep its baked goods fresh.

Reviewed 3 October 2013 via mobile

We stopped here for a later afternoon tea, the selection if gluten free cakes was quite overwhelming to be honest there were 3 to choose from!! I cannot remember the last time I had three different cakes to choose from!
The service was appalling to say the least it seemed to be an experienced supervisor & a new girl. The new girl pretty much failed at everything & the supervisor seemed almost ready to hurt the trainee. A kind gentleman let us order our coffee & cakes first & I am sure he regretted every minute of it. To order two earl grey teas & two slices of different cakes was an 8 minute ordeal!!! We then waited another 10-15minutes for our tea & cakes to arrive. The cakes were good but for the time it took for a very simple order-cut the cake & boil the kettle, I'm not sure it was worth it! The price wasn't too bad, from memory we only paid something like £8-£10 for our afternoon tea, considering it is in Bath I didn't find it particularly expensive.
If you're after a gluten free selection then this place is worth a look in but if you're just after a 'quick' cuppa, forget it.

Reviewed 2 October 2013

I had always wanted to visit Bath and we took a lot of care selecting where to eat our light lunch. From the moment we entered the dining area, a sullen atmosphere was obvious behind the serving area. (We should have departed at that point....) It just lacked the spark I like, not even a friendly hello but hey, let's overlook that. We took our seats and selected from what appeared to be a pricey menu but I don't mind overpaying if the food measures up. But, sadly, the food didn't. My daughter - who thinks I'm too fussy - even commented on the meagre quantities and poor food quality. The side salad/nacho chips (I had 5 on my plate) was uninspiring and little effort had been expended on making it tasty and visually appealing, unless you would describe 5 or 6 miniature cubes of of pepper appetite-stirring. I selected a Chicken Tikka toastie with mango chutney, thinking it would excite my tastebuds but again, it appeared to be made using a bargain loaf and a meagre serving of chicken - and the tikka flavour? Non-existent. I particularly enjoy it when establishments do not skimp on quantities and go the extra mile but judging by this offering, the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence was certainly not deserved. Two toasties and 2 tap waters cost £14.00.

Reviewed 10 September 2013

Just went here for lunch was told at 1.05 p.m. that it would take 15 minutes to prepare our toasties 40 minutes later we still had not received them. My advice would be dont bother going to this cafe unless you have lots of spare time on your hands! They were not exactly apologetic for the length it was taking. I will definitely not be visiting this cafe again.