“Not the best.....”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

Visited while on a day trip to Bath. Waited 1 hour for food after being told 20 mins. 1 hour later two toasties turned up with a basic salad and some Doritos, on the wrong bread. Two toasties, two coffees and a can of coke gave us the pleasure of handing over £18. It was busy and I'm sure this isn't the ordinary. However food was not great.

1  Thank Timothyc1985

Reviewed 30 October 2013

We visited the café half an hour before closing but were made very welcome. There was a wide range of fresh salads, soups and sandwiches on offer at very reasonable prices. Everything was very tasty and freshly made. The mushroom soup was especially good. Would definitely visit here again.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

I visited this café in Bath quite by accident. It is situated in a quaint side street above a Fairtrade shop which is well worth a visit. The café is situated on the first floor ,is clean & I was served by a really friendly polite young man. I had a smoked salmon salad which was really tasty & the salad was so fresh, I was pleasantly surprised at the generous portion for a lunch menu. My fellow diners opted for the sweet option, and commented on how fresh and tasty the cakes were; I'll be going back to try some myself! All in all a good value, wholesome dining experience.

Reviewed 6 October 2013

While visiting Bath, we came across this cafe on a side street and decided to go in for coffee and a snack. The service was excellent and the staff very friendly. We ordered two slices of cake and a soup. The cakes were tasty, but a bit stale (hard). The soup was satisfactory. It was a nice place to sit, relax and enjoy a conversation. However, the cafe should take precautions to keep its baked goods fresh.

Reviewed 3 October 2013 via mobile

We stopped here for a later afternoon tea, the selection if gluten free cakes was quite overwhelming to be honest there were 3 to choose from!! I cannot remember the last time I had three different cakes to choose from!
The service was appalling to say the least it seemed to be an experienced supervisor & a new girl. The new girl pretty much failed at everything & the supervisor seemed almost ready to hurt the trainee. A kind gentleman let us order our coffee & cakes first & I am sure he regretted every minute of it. To order two earl grey teas & two slices of different cakes was an 8 minute ordeal!!! We then waited another 10-15minutes for our tea & cakes to arrive. The cakes were good but for the time it took for a very simple order-cut the cake & boil the kettle, I'm not sure it was worth it! The price wasn't too bad, from memory we only paid something like £8-£10 for our afternoon tea, considering it is in Bath I didn't find it particularly expensive.
If you're after a gluten free selection then this place is worth a look in but if you're just after a 'quick' cuppa, forget it.