“Great soups and salads”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

Excellent for healthy and yammy food. Tried the soup and salad and both were fresh made and tasted excellent. Also they are organic and gluten free.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

A cafe above a really interesting Fairtrade shop. World Blues music playing. A cracking piece of carrot cake with a South American twist and a good pot of tea. A nice welcome and prompt service. £5. Hard to fault (though leaf tea would have been nice).

Reviewed 14 April 2014

Cafe is above a shop in a narrow pedestrian passage. Looks quaint and quirky, but the food and service are average. We had to wait a long time for a couple of bowls of soup and when it arrived it was luke warm and not very tasty - we could make better at home. Some of the cakes lloked fabulous but we did not stay to try them.

1  Thank robertspet8
Reviewed 17 February 2014

In Bath for the weekend and on saturday morning we were looking for somewhere to have coffee. Came across this little gem hidden away upstairs above a shop. Pleasant staff and nice surroundings - bright and a bit quirky, with artwork (for sale) on display. Good coffee and delicious home made cakes for sale and at reasonable prices (I had a lovely apricot frangipane - £1.60 a slice). We liked it so much we went back the next day for a snack lunch. It's not an extensive menu but they had a choice of soups, toasted sandwiches and salads available, and there are usually baked potatoes too. I will definitely go back here when I'm in Bath again.

Reviewed 20 January 2014

I've often passed this cafe and thought it sounded good but I really wish I hadn't bothered! The space is lovely and it was very quiet when we visited, so it was hard to understand why the girl serving us was so grumpy and unfriendly. We went up to order separately, I found her manner so off that I considered just leaving, then my friend had an even worse time so decided not to order, even though I had not mentioned my thoughts on the staff member! Unfortunately it was too late to cancel my order by this point. I ordered a salmon salad which sounded nice, but in reality was the kind of standard I would expect from a service station. There was a fair amount of salmon, but the rest of the salad was dull, the croutons were very dry, and the 'hollandaise' tasted somewhere between salad cream and mayonnaise. I LOVE hollandaise and am not particularly fussy normally, but this was obviously straight from a jar which is not really what I expected for the price. The rest of the menu looked nice, but it was hard to choose as every option seemed like the kind of thing I would easily make at home. I really was very disappointed, this could be a lovely world food type cafe, but I won't be going back here.

1  Thank squidqueen