“Disappointing”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

We were excited to find this cafe down a little side street and on stepping inside we were impressed by the warmly decorated interior and a promising menu. We both chose a soup that was on the menu but we're told quite unapologetically by a very stressed woman that they didn't have any...not a problem, we ordered a different soup then we waited and waited and waited some more. After half an hour my husband asked if it would be much longer, again no apology, he was was just told that they were snowed under. To be fair, the girls in the kitchen seemed to be working flat out, it all just seemed to be really inefficient and they just seemed overwhelmed. When we finally got the soup mine was cold and had to be returned (I guess one bowl at a time could be heated in the microwave), by the time it had been returned my husband had finished his. I would like to say the quality of the food made up for delays etc but the soup was watery and the roll was something you would buy in a multi-pack for 99p. All in all,it was a very disappointing experience which I will not repeat.

1  Thank running_chimp

Reviewed 26 May 2014

I think we must have timed our arrival for a bank holiday lunchtime rush - the girls working here were incredibly stressed! They said there might be a little wait for our toasties, but what we had intended to be a quick bite to eat was drawn out into a very prolonged wait. My toastie, when it arrived, was nice but nothing spectacular and pretty overpriced at £6.95. Not only was service painfully slow but there was a big delay between the first plate of food arriving and the last. Two of our group had completely finished our food before the third member of our party (who had ordered first) received her toastie. There's a really vibrant atmosphere there, but it was a bit spoilt by the waves of stressed tension from the waiting staff. It feels like it needs better management - capacity to make more food and more staff at busy times (only one toastie maker?!). Simple things like giving the girls a tray to deliver drinks rather than having to make endless trips carrying glasses would be rather sensible. One last thing that was a bit disappointing: the shop prides itself being fairtrade; I would have hoped that the food would also be fairtrade / locally sourced. I'm not sure I'd include doritos crips and pre-prepared bags of salad within this ethos.

It's a nice place and we may have just had a badly timed visit, but I was disappointed.

Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

This little cafe is well worth seeking out. Easy to miss as it's above a shop so keep your eyes open. Amazing soups, sandwiches, salads and jacket potatoes. Great gluten free options too.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

Awesome cafe, open late, family friendly, organic food, fairtrade, cool world art everywhere. Top Quality!

Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

Excellent for healthy and yammy food. Tried the soup and salad and both were fresh made and tasted excellent. Also they are organic and gluten free.