“Sunday Night Chinese.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Hon Fusion
Ranked #234 of 563 Restaurants in Bath
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Sunday Night Chinese.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

Have eaten here a couple times in the last month or so and in my opinion have always found it to be very consistent. Dinner was with the family on our most recent visit and we all enjoyed a lovely evening with some fantastic Chinese cuisine. A whole crispy duck with all the trimmings to start. Other dishes included, roast lamb with cumin, spicy pork with fine green beans (excellent), crispy fried beef with chilli, salt & pepper squid, fried dumplings, beef in black bean sauce, chilli rice. All served fresh and piping hot. The service sometimes can be a bit hit and miss but overall it's fine. It's a 10/10 from me.

Visited April 2014

• Korean first
“Got sick!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

It was awful! We got an appetizer plate that tasted like it was three days old and retried! Chicken skewer was so dry and hard I could use it as a toothpick. Then the main dish came - ugh! Shredded pork and noodles. Tasted like what I would imagine dog food tastes like! A few hours later I got violently ill and threw up three times. Don't know how this got a Best in Bath rating :-(

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank ButtOns2014101
Wells, United Kingdom
“Chinese bliss”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

Poor KittyB, she did have a bad time here. Never had a bad experience at Hon Fusion.

Last night it was shredded beef crispy fried with noodles and beansprouts. It was heavenly.

And the service was amusing.

• Visited March 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Avoid like the plague!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014

I went here last week with a large party of students and their partners from Bath University (50+). Service was terrible, staff very rude and food quality quite ordinary. A half pint of lager shandy cost £5.00 !!!!!

I've been here a couple of times previously and the service was also pretty poor but this was extreme. I won't be going back.

This is definitely one to avoid.

• Visited February 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Kitty B
Bradford-on-Avon, United Kingdom
“Gone downhill ”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2013 via mobile

We came here for our family Christmas dinner a few nights ago as we were impressed with our last visit a few months back. What a difference in the food ( not a good difference) we ordered 5 different main dishes and was only happy with one. Two of the beef dishes were almost identical barred from the slight colour difference in the sauce. There were loads of bamboo shoots and baby corns to bulk up the dish with minimal meat. The first main dish came on its own and we had to wait a while before the rice and other dishes came. As you can imagine, we were concern that it will be cold. All in all, we all left feeling unsatisfied with the quality and authenticity of the food. I should know as I was brought up in Asia. Will take me quite a while to get over this. Will I be back, probably not.

1 Thank mseet