“Every Town should have a Sotto Sotto”
Review of Sotto Sotto

Sotto Sotto
Ranked #2 of 598 Restaurants in Bath
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: BOOKING IS STRONGLY RECOMMENDED. We are closed from 1st-14th August, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Easter Sunday & from 1st-14th January. Situated just a few steps away from the Roman Baths, our attractive and atmospheric restaurant is located in a charming candle lit historical cellar of natural Bath stone with vaulted ceilings throughout, and resembles the cavernous cellars of an Italian grotto.The main characteristic of our cuisine is its simplicity. We rely on the quality of our ingredients rather than on elaborate preparation.We also like to offer traditional Italian dishes with a contemporary twist because we strongly believe in those 'Sapori' (flavours).With our finest ingredients coming from Italy, and all of our fresh vegetables, seafood and meats sourced locally, we are able to ensure high quality dining that will exceed your expectations.
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Had a lovely evening with my daughters. This was my fourth visit to Sotto Sotto and the service and welcome is like no other I have received in a restaurant. I selected a dish that may have ruined my diet as it contained cream, the waiter very kindly requested I had the meal without the cream, it was delicious. The team are so warm and friendly and make you feel special, nothjing is too much trouble and the ambience is amazing. We will be back again and again. It was well worth the journey from Cheltenham. Well done guys, you deserve all the brilliant accolades you receive from this website. I have to say I am not in the habit of giving praise in this way when I have received good service but these guys have taken the perfect dining evening out to another level.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

We went to Sotto Sotto for our wedding anniversary and everything was just absolutely perfect. The food was wonderful and very tasty . The service was simply amazing: the staff were very attentive, friendly and welcoming.
On our way out, we chatted with the Maitre D' and got to tell him it was our anniversary. He asked us to sit at the bar and came back with a lovely desert (saying Happy Anniversary) and a superb lychee cocktail for us. It was such a lovely attention and it made us feel very special.
This is the best restaurant I have been to. I would absolutely recommend it!!!

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Highly recommend. Enjoyed every minute. Excellent food and service. Would definitely go again!

- Jessica from Malta

Reviewed 25 July 2014

It is was very difficult to book a dinner. The wait was absolutely worth it. Italian kitchen at its best. Only surpassed by the impeccable service of the team. Friendly and human. Given the quality, the price is reasonable. It is highly probably to walk away with an unforgettable experience. Will most certainly be returning and definitely recommend.

André from Malta

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Best amongst the top 10 we tried out in Bath. Well deserved to get first in Bath in Tripadvisor. Good food, great setting in a cellar and very reasonably priced. The friendly waiters made our dinner even more pleasant ! Can be a good venue for surprise birthday party !

1  Thank Loretta K