“Amazing experience”

West of England Falconry
Ranked #3 of 29 Outdoor Activities in Bath
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Falconry Experiences are by appointment only as we are not open to the public. Please book your experience in advance. Visit our website or phone us for more information. Thank you.
Reviewed 13 November 2012

An absolutely fantastic afternoon spent in the company of Jay and his birds. We saw a falconry display in the summer but this was 1,000 times better than that! Jay picked us up from the bus stop as we don't have a car (thanks!).The on arrival, we met and learned about the birds and the flying technique over a cup of tea before taking Charlie the Harris Hawk out for a fly (after a short and pretty walk through some woods). Beautiful surroundings, but above all a beautiful bird! This is a really interactive session and you get a lot of flying time - all under the expert guidance of Jay. Thank you Jay, and thank you Charlie for an unforgettable afternoon. I would recommend this to anyone with an interest in animals and birds of prey. Simply awesome.

1  Thank lae24

Reviewed 8 November 2012

we got to bath and that was the first thing we did, it was a great welcome to Bath! Jay is a lovley man and he is exellent with his Falcond, owls and many other birds! it is an amazing and a must-do expirience if you visit england!

Reviewed 7 October 2012

I got this as a present to my sister for her 30th birthday because she loves owls and would flip at the chance to hold one. The whole experience was relaxed, informative, and amazingly fun! When we got there, Jay chatted with us about his beautiful birds over tea and then it was time to take the Hawks into the field to fly them. Having never been that close to any bird before, I was a little nervous, but Jay and the other gentleman who helped out (I'm sorry I forgot your name! You rock though :) ) made me feel at ease. By the end, I was confidently feeding Charlie from my hand.
It is clear that everyone at West of England Falconry loves the birds they work with! Both my sister and I would be happy to visit here again the next time we are in Bath. We even recommended the experience to the people who ran the guesthouse we were staying in because they also have a big interest in birds.

Reviewed 9 September 2012

My husband and I spent an amazing afternoon with Jay and his birds. After a short walk to open fields through a pretty wood we were able to fly Charlie. Having never before been so close to birds of prey, I was a little nervous but Jay was so kind and patient that I soon relaxed and had Charlie swooping down from trees to take food from my hand. Jay explains all the terminology and how to handle the birds correctly and they really respond to his presence. Obviously adored by him, when not flying, they live in clean and spacious aviaries. The idyllic surroundings made it even more wonderful and we really got a sense of the history of falconry. I was really surprised at the different characters all the birds had; Charlie is bold and mischievous, Isis is talkative and clever; Ghost is shy and gentle. We were so happy we discovered West of England Falconry. We have done lots in Bath during our visit but this is definitely one that we will do again when we return. We can't recommend it highly enough - if we could give it ten stars then we would!

Reviewed 27 August 2012

this was a gift from my husband after he had been him self. He new i had never done anything like this in my life and would love it. He was right what a day out i did love it very much. To see them fly at you at great speed then stall to land and take the food from you. Jay is a great teacher and so relaxed, when we got back he let me hold some of his lovey other birds too, we sat and had tea with Jay and talked about our day and about his birds.

Many Thanks Jay