“Very interesting place for family visit”

West of England Falconry
Ranked #3 of 29 Outdoor Activities in Bath
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Falconry Experiences are by appointment only as we are not open to the public. Please book your experience in advance. Visit our website or phone us for more information. Thank you.
Reviewed 13 January 2014 via mobile

Very interesting place for family visit. Good exciting journey with wonderful birds and their "father". Recommended for everybody!
Vlad

Reviewed 12 January 2014

The Hawk Walk with Jay and his falcon, Charlie, was a highlight of our visit to Bath. It was lovely to drive a short distance out of town to meet them and then walk out in to the countryside where Charlie swooped from trees to feed from our gloved hands before hopping on to our heads and then flying off. There was no hype or over-commercialisation - just a chance to experience a beautiful bird in lovely surroundings.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

We had so much fun on our hawk walk. Absolutely a highlight of our trip. Great experience for all ages. Highly recomend.

1  Thank sixpence_12
Reviewed 30 December 2013

A hawk walk was on my bucket list and this experience delivered! Loved meeting Jay, who clearly has a deep love for what he does, and flying Charlie. Jay kept us well informed of possible weather complications, which thankfully did not materialize. I was a little squeamish about handling Charlie's food but Jay supplied me with a glove which was very helpful. :) Really, this was a highlight of our two-week trip to Great Britain and something we will never forget. Well worth the money.

1  Thank Andra H
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Myself and my friend Gary booked a hawk walk as part of a day trip to Bath, and what a fantastic afternoon it was!

The setting is simply stunning. A picture postcard cottage, with beautiful scenery and magnificent birds of prey. What more could anyone ask for? Jay is incredibly friendly, and welcoming. There is a lovely homely atmosphere about the whole set up, which puts you immediately at ease. I felt as if I'd been there 100 times before.

Jay aims to take the mystique out of falconry, and make it more accessible to all, and I would say he achieves this brilliantly. The love and affection he has for the birds in his care is truly touching to see. He is also incredibly patient, and tolerated my 1001 questions extremely well. Charlie the Harris Hawk is a real cheeky chappy, capable of melting hearts at 100 paces. I would recommend West of England Falconry to anyone with an interest in Birds of Prey. It is a truly wonderful place, and you will leave with a memory to treasure!