“Nice tea, nice hot chocolate - excellent cakes!”
Review of Jacob's Coffee House - CLOSED

Jacob's Coffee House
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Speciality coffee and bakery business from Bath and Bristol. Selling speciality grade coffee and an ever changing list of salads and freshly baked tarts made daily.
Reviewed 15 June 2014

A nice coffee shop / tea room in the centre of Bath, handy if your wife wants to spend an hour in Edinburgh Woolens. We were also treated to live caterwauling from someone who fancied herself as the next Dame Kiri Te Kanawa - presumably the Bath Music School sends these people out so that they get used to humiliation before making it to the X Factor.

That aside; my wife had a pot of tea, I had hot chocolate, and we both had a big slice of cake (you get to choose your own slice - heaven!). The cakes are clearly home made, and really good. The drinks were delicious (tea was strong, chocolate was creamy). It's handy for the Pump Room, and I'll bet the cakes are better.

The service was attentive and quick. And very patient while I tried to work out which was the largest slice of carrot cake on display :-)

Definitely worth a visit when you're in Bath!

1  Thank Tim T

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I had 4 pieces of Jacob's cake when we stayed in Bath - all of them amazing!

Good coffee and nice sandwiches too - considering the location is such a tourist trap it was great to find such a good place.

1  Thank Sarah D
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Hello

I just want to let you know that my husband and I visited your coffee shop on the 4th May. We live in Bath and thought it would be a treat as we were child free and could go upstairs as we didn't have a buggy with us. Your coffees were exceptional and absolutely delicious!

The service unfortunately seemed a little disorganised. I don't know if you have table numbers? We were given a metal coloured pot that I guess was suppose to identify our order. However it didn't seem to be working. In the half hour we were there. On six occasions we were asked by different waiting staff if this was our drink or food. Food even was placed on the table. Even when we already had our order. I don't feel it was the waiting staffs fault but the system that is used. What was suppose to be a relaxing half hour was unfortunately interrupted. I have tried to send a private email instead of writing this on tripadvisor however the email address supplied on you website does not work when sending. It says failed permanently? I am sure you would want to know these issues that could easily be solved.

1  Thank Bath101
Jake H, Owner at Jacob's Coffee House, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2014

Hello, thank you for your comments and thoughts above. We take on board the issue of being interrupted, and agree this is frustrating and doesn't assist with a relaxing visit. You are correct that the pots are used to identify the order and its components with the table the customer has chosen to sit at, but this obviously failed on your visit – so a genuine apology on that front. We have tested the email address enquiries@jacobscoffeehouse.co.uk that is listed on the website and it is currently receiving emails successfully. Again thank you for your comments and for visiting.

Kind Regards
Jake

Reviewed 20 May 2014

I'm really humble when it comes to reviewing things I eat/ drink, just in case someone else taste buds are different. However, the service was really great the staff is really friendly and kind. Once I got my coffee it has been some of the best I have received. The chocolate brownie and desserts I bought where very tasteful and texture of them was amazing.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

Lovely cosy cafe in Bath, slightly pricey, but really lovely food, cake selection is amazing and very tasty smoothies, definitely worth a visit if you're in Bath and looking for a local cafe.