“If you can't get into the pump room go here”
Review of Jacob's Coffee House - CLOSED

Jacob's Coffee House
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Speciality coffee and bakery business from Bath and Bristol. Selling speciality grade coffee and an ever changing list of salads and freshly baked tarts made daily.
Reviewed 10 July 2014

We found Jacob's after deciding against a fifty minute wait to dine at the pump room. We left that establishment after seeing that not only do you queue to eat standing but once you reach the door you get to sit down for another twenty minutes. Despondent we left and found Jacobs just across the pavement and though it looked full found there where three more floors inside. We picked some huge slices of yummy cake from the more than ample selection of on display and with a cup of coffee took it upstairs to watch the people queuing for the pump room through Jacobs window.

1  Thank stingytownman

Reviewed 21 June 2014

Food choices were good, attentive and kind services, cozy place (try eating upstairs). Well located (close to the Roman Baths). Pass by Jacob's a couple of times along the day - always packed.

1  Thank ChuBrazil
Reviewed 15 June 2014

A nice coffee shop / tea room in the centre of Bath, handy if your wife wants to spend an hour in Edinburgh Woolens. We were also treated to live caterwauling from someone who fancied herself as the next Dame Kiri Te Kanawa - presumably the Bath Music School sends these people out so that they get used to humiliation before making it to the X Factor.

That aside; my wife had a pot of tea, I had hot chocolate, and we both had a big slice of cake (you get to choose your own slice - heaven!). The cakes are clearly home made, and really good. The drinks were delicious (tea was strong, chocolate was creamy). It's handy for the Pump Room, and I'll bet the cakes are better.

The service was attentive and quick. And very patient while I tried to work out which was the largest slice of carrot cake on display :-)

Definitely worth a visit when you're in Bath!

1  Thank Tim T
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I had 4 pieces of Jacob's cake when we stayed in Bath - all of them amazing!

Good coffee and nice sandwiches too - considering the location is such a tourist trap it was great to find such a good place.

1  Thank Sarah D
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I just want to let you know that my husband and I visited your coffee shop on the 4th May. We live in Bath and thought it would be a treat as we were child free and could go upstairs as we didn't have a buggy with us. Your coffees were exceptional and absolutely delicious!

The service unfortunately seemed a little disorganised. I don't know if you have table numbers? We were given a metal coloured pot that I guess was suppose to identify our order. However it didn't seem to be working. In the half hour we were there. On six occasions we were asked by different waiting staff if this was our drink or food. Food even was placed on the table. Even when we already had our order. I don't feel it was the waiting staffs fault but the system that is used. What was suppose to be a relaxing half hour was unfortunately interrupted. I have tried to send a private email instead of writing this on tripadvisor however the email address supplied on you website does not work when sending. It says failed permanently? I am sure you would want to know these issues that could easily be solved.

1  Thank Bath101
Jake H, Owner at Jacob's Coffee House, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2014

Hello, thank you for your comments and thoughts above. We take on board the issue of being interrupted, and agree this is frustrating and doesn't assist with a relaxing visit. You are correct that the pots are used to identify the order and its components with the table the customer has chosen to sit at, but this obviously failed on your visit – so a genuine apology on that front. We have tested the email address enquiries@jacobscoffeehouse.co.uk that is listed on the website and it is currently receiving emails successfully. Again thank you for your comments and for visiting.

Kind Regards