“Awesome food”
Review of Hoi Faan - CLOSED

Hoi Faan
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
London
“Awesome food”
Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

We liked the food here so much that we ate there for lunch and dinner when we visited Bath. Fast service and the lunch special menu was excellent value. Best Chinese food I have ever eaten.

London, United Kingdom
“My local Chinese tastes better! ”
Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

When I looked at the menu it was pricey. But I thought I would give it a go. I ordered pork dumplings. There was 3 in a box which was pricey but they were ok. Normally you would get 6 anywhere else. I ordered singapore noodles and it was the worse I ever tasted. If I was staying local I would have sent it back. It was bland and quite frankly insulting. Avoid as this resturant has no idea how to cook real Chinese food!

4 Thank CillaA_12
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Excellent Food & Service”
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Visited here with my husband while I was on a course in Bath. The menu is, if anything, a little too extensive - it was hard choosing just a couple of dishes! There were also many unusual and more authentic dishes than you would find on an average Chinese restaurant menu (fish head curry etc). The service was excellent, and the food delicious - with very generous portions. We'd definitely recommend a visit.

• Visited January 2014
Singapore, Singapore
“No detour needed.”
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Had lunch at Hoi Faan as my boyfriend and I were craving for the taste of familiar Chinese food after the end of a two week road trip traveling Costswolds. Though I have to say the lunch set is pretty value for money (you can choose a starter & a main), the food was dismal.

We ordered the hot&sour soup and seaweed soup to start. Both soups were bland and the hot&sour soup had a strong fungus taste which was not to my liking at all. For mains, I ordered the Ginger chicken with fried noodles, and my boyfriend had the Spicy chicken with rice. The Spicy chicken tasted passable (it was actually quite spicy which was great) but the Ginger chicken with noodles is an absolute disaster. The gravy was so starchy to the point where it was no longer appetizing for me, the noodles were dry and tasteless. Portions were huge though. Disappointed at the level of Chinese food here. Definitely a place to go for quantity rather than quality.

This is not good Chinese food, and i will not be back for more.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Lim_Eleanor
Bath, United Kingdom
“A great discovery”
Reviewed 6 December 2013

I've lived in Bath for ages, but have only just discovered this place. As noted by other reviewers the lunch menu here offers great quality and value. And they serve their lunch menu until 4pm.

So glad to have finally found a super Chinese restaurant in Bath.

• Visited December 2013