“Great little pub”
Review of Grapes Hotel - CLOSED

Grapes Hotel
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Came here with my son. The staff were all very friendly. Food was great and good value. I had walked aroun town looking for some where cheap to have lunch. Was very pleased when I came accross this place. The staff were very helpful and accommodated for my son. As they do not do a kids menu. Thry were very happy to do a smaller portion for him. Would highly recommend

2  Thank fizzie89
There are newer reviews for Grapes Hotel

Reviewed 29 May 2014

I work in Bath once a year and always come to The Grapes for a pint of two. lovely bar with friendly staff and locals. Looking forward to my visit next year.

1  Thank pcarman861
Reviewed 31 January 2014

Visited this restaurant today and what a great place to eat!

Great price and great service, and most importantly, great food! We ordered 2 fish and chips and the portion are huge for the price. Soft drinks are only 1.50 ea and you can upsize to a large one with 30 pence.

This place is unpretentious and the man behind the bar counter checks that we are comfortable and ok with the food time to time.

Lovely place to experience the English pub. 5 stars from me.

Reviewed 15 December 2013 via mobile

My husband and I were in bath for our 1st wedding anniversary and were trying to find somewhere for a nice relaxing drink. Where we live we have a local where everyone chats to anyone and there is no pretence, and this is the type of place we were trying to find. We tried a couple of other pubs which were ok, but then came across the Grapes. Immediately the guy behind the bar started chatting to us, and after several beers (at only £2.54 for a pint of carling I might add!) it felt like we were one of the locals. The interior is quite old but only adds to the charm. Next time we are on bath we will definitely be back to visit.

Reviewed 19 June 2013 via mobile

If you look down 2 reviews, you'll see someone complaining about the locals. Although I can see his point, I think if you find a pub that's popular with the locals, then you have probably found a winner. And a winner we have!

£2 for a beer. £3 for fantastic scampi and chips. £4 for a burger. Friendly service. Even the drunk elderly locals were friendly and no bother at all. I don't known what the problem is. This is clearly a 5* pub spot in Bath. I just wish I lived a little closer.

About a 3 minute walk from the Roman Bath exit.

On another side note, the visitor information desk is about a 5 minute walk from the train station and easy to find. Clearly marked. If you are there for a couple of days, they have a 3 hour bus tour to Stonehenge for £15.

2  Thank Wakky_J