Holiday Inn Express Bath
  • Pool
Harington's City Hotel(Bath)
Queensberry Hotel(Bath)
1,568 results
All reviewscar parkhi expressgreen park stationcity centresofa bedbuilding workminute walkhome baseper nightbuffet breakfastthe breakfast areareception stafffamily roomone night staymain roadgood nights sleepleave the car
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 September 2011

Any questions please e mail me louisemhulme@yahoo.co.uk

My partner and I stayed here for our birthday weekend and we was very impressed. You get what you pay for and we was both very happy.

I will break it down into sections but I will keep it brief.

Check in:

Quick and simple. My partner had to give his car reg no and was issused with a permit. Parking cost £4.50p a day.

Room:

Good basic room with shower only, tea and coffee making, towels, basic shower hair and body wash, one door on the bath room which acts as a toilet door as well. My partner and I could not fault the cleaning of the room. The pillows and bed are so comfortable did not want to get out of the bed!!!!

Breakfast:

Not chaos as reviews has stated, yes it get busy but the hotel more than coped with the ammount of people at breakfast if everyone goes to breakfast 45mins before it finishes its going to be busy, My partner and went down to breakfast between 8:00am - 8:30am and never had to wait and was able to get a table. The breakfast was fantastic sausage beans and egg, cereal, croissant, coffee tea and jucies etc.

The hote its self is very close to bath. It has a sainsburys 5 mins away and has a TGI fridays, weatherspoon pub and a subway near it

All in all I would recommend this hotel to all that want to go to bath and be near the city but not on top off it.

Enjoy.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank girliegirl123
BathDeputyManager, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bath, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2011

Dear Guest,

We are very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express Bath, thank you for taking the time to write your detailed review. I am sure all future guests will be glad of your review when making the all important decision where to stay in Bath.

Thank you once again; I hope we have the pleasure in welcoming you and your partner back in the future.

Reviewed 3 September 2011

We booked a four night stay here so we were close to the city. Location wise the hotel is great. Just a short walk into the city, cutting through Sainsbury's car park.
The hotel had parking for guests, though at a cost which is rather cheeky, but at least the cars are watched by CCTV.
The bedrooms were a huge dissapointment given the cost per night. Very dated and basic. The towels were of poor quality and the bed was awful - very uncomfortable and terribly small. The bathroom was of ok size, again the basics provided only.

Breakfast was very poor, the quality of the food especially and the selection.
We found a nice little breakfast stop on our way into the city, just after the homebase car park. Little market stalls selling local produce are also available.

• Stayed: September 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your recent trip advisor comments. We appreciate all feedback so that we can monitor and act on any practices and procedures we may need to adjust.

I am glad you were able to take advantage of our great location to visit our beautiful city of Bath. Please accept my apologies that you were not satisfied with your room. Thank you for your feedback with regards to our towels, as you may have seen we are currently undergoing a towel trial with IHG. So please bear with us while we collate all responses.

I am especially disappointed to see you did not like our complimentary buffet breakfast; this is an ongoing area that we are reviewing constantly to ensure we can provide a great express start breakfast.

Thank you again we really do appreciate all views.

Reviewed 26 August 2011

Booked a family room here for two nights. Room was lovely and clean but was the smallest family room we have ever stayed in, we were literally falling over each other. Air conditioning system was very noisy. Also, breakfast time was absolutely chaotic. Had to wait a while for a table and the queue for breakfast was really long. Also, due to the layout of the buffet area everybody was on top of each other, dangerous for children especially, with people carrying hot drinks. Didn't find the staff that pleasant either.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Rose J
BathDeputyManager, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bath, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2011

Dear Rose,

Thank you for your recent trip advisor comments about the Holiday Inn Express Bath, I am glad you found our cleanliness levels to be of a high standard, our housekeeping try their utmost to keep these levels continuously high.

I am saddened to see you were not satisfied with the size of our bedrooms; As a Holiday Inn Express unfortunately we are unable to offer a various size rooms, all rooms are of this standard size throughout the UK. Please accept my apologies that the air conditioning unit was noisy, I have had my maintenance technician look into this fault, so thank you for pointing this out to us.

Our complimentary continental buffet breakfast can become busy during certain times through breakfast service; we do try to pre-warn all guests throughout their stay when these busy periods occur so that they have the option to avoid queuing. I can assure you that this area is constantly being reviewed and amended accordingly.

Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed 23 August 2011

Stayed for two nights. The desk staff were very helpful and friendly but we experienced problems in other areas. The breakfast was chaotic at times, there were not enough seats when the demand for breakfast was at its busiest and long queues developed. The food was generally OK but the orange juice was obviously watered down and on the first day the croissants were inedible. The room was of a standard size and layout but no attempt had been made to make the bed properly after our first night stay and we had to stretch the sheet mattress ourselves. The TV was ancient, there were a limited number of channels but no information about which TV stations were available. The teletext did not work, the time setting was wrong and a wake up call could not be set. According to the message on screen when teletext was selected this was only a temporary fault but comments on this site show that it was a problem in July so the fault was hardly temporary.
It is clear from previous comments on this site that most of the above issues have already been brought to the attention of the management yet no action seems to have been taken. I have previously stayed at several Holiday Inn Express hotels and always enjoyed my stay, this one was particularly expensive and there was also a charge for parking. It was not good value for money, there are better alternatives for a similar price and I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
BathDeputyManager, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bath, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2011

Dear Peter,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express Bath.

I am pleased you found our staff to be helpful and friendly; they pride themselves in delivering the best possible service.

Please accept my apologies that our complimentary buffet breakfast did not meet your standards. Unfortunately we are unable to allocate guests specific times to come down for breakfast; we do make a point of advising guests of the busiest times several times during each stay. I can assure you that both myself and my General Manager try our utmost to improve this service and are continuously monitoring this area, so we appreciate this feedback.

I have passed on your comments regarding housekeeping as this may be a training issue, which I am positive they will look into and rectify immediately.

I am delighted to inform you that we will be upgrading all TV’s in bedrooms within 2012; we have completed our mini refurbishment and will now be looking at other areas within the hotel. This is a gradual process so that we do not disturb guests during their visit with us, so we ask guests to bear with us while we make the necessary adjustments.

Thank you again for taking the time to write this review.

Reviewed 21 August 2011

A little disappointed to find our room only had a double bed (was sharing with a friend), but the camp bed was quickly made up by the staff. Although initially frustrating it was quickly sorted. Staff were friendly and professional.

Biggest gripe was cost and having to pay to park there! £130 for a one night stay in a hotel which is only marginally better than something you find on the side of a motorway seems excessive. Having to pay £9.00 to park overnight is a joke!

Would only recommend if other slightly more expensive, more centrally located hotels were full.

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank Perker1
BathDeputyManager, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bath, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2011

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write this feedback about your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express Bath.

I am glad we were able to rectify the situation regarding your room type; unless a twin bedded room is specifically reserved the other option is to have the sofa bed made up for guests, but this will only be arranged in advance with prior notice, but as you have experienced we are glad to assist on the day.

We do offer an on-site secure car park at a charge of £4.50 per car per night, which compared to all other car parking facilities within Bath, is minimal. All our rates are regularly reviewed and are competitive with all hotels within the City.