“Good stay”

Ranked #18 of 34 Hotels in Bath
Maidstone, England, United Kingdom
“Good stay”
Reviewed 28 November 2012

Travelling on business alone - arrived lateish in the evening.

Arrived in their car park and despite my late arrival there were plenty of spaces charged at £6.00 per evening which is pretty reasonable.

Check in was swift and the staff member involved was chatty and helpful.

Room provided to me was a disabled room on the ground floor. Very spacious with a good shower. Very clean - no faults with cleanliness at all.

Purchased some bottled drinks from the snack-bar area of the lobby and staff member offered a glass which is a nice touch for a 3 star hotel.

Well appointed room but could not get the wifi to work but in fairness this may have been a problem with my dodgy corporate VPN network! Good sized TV.

My one single complaint (and not something I raised at the time as I didn't want to move room) was the bed. It was comfortable and clean but had a horrible dip in the middle meaning that I had to sleep where the dip dictated! Time for a new matress in that room I think!

Breakfast was as to be expected - don't expect wonders but did the job.

Check out was swift and I received helpful directions to the business that I was visiting which saved me an unnecessary trek around town.

Nice stay - only reason I cannot give it 5 stars was the dodgy bed!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
BathDeputyManager, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bath, responded to this review, 11 December 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor.

I am glad to see you were pleased with the service provided by our staff. It is always lovely to be able to pass on positive comments about their performance, as they work incredibly hard to ensure our guests have an enjoyable stay.

I am sorry to hear you struggled with to connect to our Wi-Fi. We provide complimentary access in our reception and bar area for 6 hours each day, and welcome all guests to come and speak to us if they experience any difficulties so that we can help get them connected.

I was surprised to read your comment about the mattress. We only recently replaced all our beds and mattresses a few months ago, but I will certainly speak to our housekeeping staff and check the condition of the mattress in that particular room.

Thank you again for completing this review. We hope to be able to welcome you again in the future.

Deputy General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Berkshire, UK
Reviewed 25 November 2012

My friend & I booked a Saturday night at this hotel on their spa package deal, but were phoned 2 days beforehand with the news that the hotel had been overbooked. A double room was offered in an alternative hotel; however, we required a twin (or room with sofabed as per the Holiday Inn). Another alternative hotel was offered, with a twin room, but on further investigation it was of a much lower standard and wholly unsuitable.

Because of the Christmas markets in Bath, we were unable to source a room in a hotel of a similar standard and disappointingly had to cancel our much-anticipated, child-free trip.

Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank charnich
BathDeputyManager, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bath, responded to this review, 27 November 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent comments with regards to your reservation with us at the Holiday Inn Express Bath.

Please accept my apologies with the inconvenience this has caused you and your friend. I can assure you this is not normal practise, due to unforeseen circumstances we did need to relocate your room, with the option of alternative accommodation of the same standard.

Once again please accept my apologies, if you wish to discuss this matter further please contact myself on the below contact details.

deputy@expressbath.co.uk or alternatively 01225 303000

Fleet, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 November 2012

Was impressed by how clean it was.
The staff were very friendly and couldn't have done more to help. They gave us an excellent recommendation for a restaurant, and booked it for us.
We had booked the room for three of us, and was nice to see the sofa bed made up already and a third mug put out for us.
Was also very pleased with the breakfast.
There was plenty of choice and it was all being replenished regularly.
My only jiggle was that the orange juice was too watery.
Will definitely return.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
BathDeputyManager, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bath, responded to this review, 3 December 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post this review. Reading these is an excellent way for us to reflect on the service we provide to our guests.

I am pleased to read your comments about our team. We do always try to do our utmost to ensure guests have an enjoyable stay, and we love to help out with recommending places to go and restaurants to eat. I am glad we were on the mark with our restaurant recommendation.

We have an excellent housekeeping team, and they take pride in ensuring rooms are spotless and set up ready for our guests.

Finally, I am glad to hear you enjoyed our complimentary express start breakfast. I have noted your comment regarding the orange juice, and will review this with our breakfast service assistants.

Thank you again for completing this review. I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again.

London
Reviewed 23 November 2012 via mobile

Every time I am in Bath i always stay here because I know what I'm going to get! The staff are always wonderful and attentive and spotlessly clean. I would highly recommend this hotel! Breakfast is always very popular and although not a full English breakfast they do provide a continental breakfast with additional sausages scrambled eggs and beans which is plenty for me! Well done keep up the great work!

• Stayed November 2012
Dear Guest,

Firstly, I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor. We welcome all guest feedback, as this allows us to consistently deliver the best possible service to our guests, and identify areas where we might have fallen short.

I am glad to hear you have had another enjoyable stay at our hotel. It’s lovely to be able to welcome back guests, and I will pass on your fantastic comments about our team.

As you mentioned, our complimentary continental breakfast with hot options is incredibly popular with our guests, and therefore is one of our main focuses. I am glad to see you were able to take full advantage of this to start your day.
Once again, thank you for taking the time to post this review. We hope to be able to welcome you again in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 November 2012

This is a pretty typical Holiday Inn so far as I can tell, so you know what to expect. Decent, clean, well-appointed rooms with tv and ensuite, and a relatively welcoming lobby area with a bar. On the down side, there is a charge for wifi in the rooms, the breakfast is pretty poor quality, and the walls and doors are really quite thin which can affect your sleep quality if you're a light sleeper.

The hotel is a short walk - around 10-15 minutes from the centre of the city.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
BathDeputyManager, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bath, responded to this review, 21 November 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review on the Holiday Inn Express Bath, we value all feedback to ensure we are delivering the best possible services to our guests.

I am pleased to hear we met your expectations of our brand, having clean well-appointed rooms with newly installed 32” TV’s and en-suite facilities.

Please accept my apologies that our WIFI charges in the bedrooms is a down side, we do offer complimentary WIFI for 6 hours per day, which is located within our Great room. I have noted your comments with regards to our breakfast; we are continuously monitoring this area and making the necessary adjustments.

Once again thank you for your review, we hope to welcome you back in the future.

Yours Sincerely,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 November 2012

The room was clean and spacious and the hotel was a nice easy walk into town. The breakfast was hmmm well not one of my favourites and very busy. The eggs were all runny and hardly cooked, I don't mind my eggs a little runny but the ones I saw just looked like a thick pool of nastiness. I stuck to toast myself.

For a Holiday Inn I guess you know what to expect, although it is in a good location and rooms are fine and comfortable.
Down side is you have to pay for parking each day which is annoying

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
BathDeputyManager, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bath, responded to this review, 15 November 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting this review on the Holiday Inn Express Bath, we value all feedback to ensure we are delivering the best possible services to our guests.

I am pleased to hear you found our hotel clean and rooms spacious. Our housekeeping team always try their utmost to keep our excellent cleanliness levels.

Please accept my apologies that our complimentary express start breakfast did not meet your expectations. I can assure you our scrambled eggs are tested to ensure they are fully cooked before serving, in order to comply with food safety regulations.

Thank you again for your comments; I hope we are able to welcome you back in the future.

west sussex uk
Reviewed 11 November 2012

we have just stayed for a 3 night break and this is my feedback ! on the plus side the staff are lovely, so friendly and helpful, our first night was disturbed by some kind of noise (maybe a generator, we were on the top floor, don`t know, it was unrelenting though!) and the next morning we were moved without fuss or bother to another floor and room. The room was fairly basic, but clean and with the usual TV, tea, coffee, Kettle etc. The towels were rather small, in fact when I called down to reception to say we had only been left hand towels, they had obviously heard it before as I was instantly told they were in fact the largest towels they had! so hey ho ! it is a short walk into Bath centre so didnt need to fork out for taxis or buses. Hmm on the minus side..the charge for using THEIR OWN car park was harsh and we felt quite cross about it as it wasn`t that cheap to stay in the first place, the beds were unforgiving and the pillows most uncomfortable (even though you get the choice of soft or medium) Most disappointing though was the breakfast....Horrid ! it certainly was basic, so we didnt bother after the first morning. So to sum up, it was ok for just the 3 nights, but would find somewhere further out maybe for a longer visit which could be cheaper but just mean a little bus ride in !

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are away from the main road so quieter, but we found the top floor had a loud cons...