“Standard Holiday Inn Express”

Holiday Inn Express Bath
Ranked #17 of 31 Hotels in Bath
“Standard Holiday Inn Express”
Reviewed 1 April 2013 via mobile

Exactly what you expect, clean modern bedrooms, free breakfast. Rather strange experience at check in, we asked if we could leave our bags at reception as we had arrived early and our rooms weren't ready, and were told to leave them in our car! Also, the hotel is not very close to the city centre - you have to walk through a trading estate and across a bridge, which can be a bit lonely late in the evening.
Overall a great hotel, but I'd choose somewhere nearer next time if possible.

Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
BathGuestServiceMgr, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bath, responded to this review, 3 April 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us. It is feedback such as yours that allows us to continuously review the level of service we are providing to our guests, and to ensure that we are offering our guests a comfortable and enjoyable stay.

Firstly, I am glad to see you found our rooms to be clean and modern, and you made the most of our complimentary Express Start Breakfast. However, I am sorry you were disappointed with your check in experience. Our check in time is from 3pm, and although we always make every effort to get any guests arriving prior to 3pm checked in to their rooms, occasionally we do have to ask guests to return after 3pm if we do not have their rooms ready yet. In order to ensure that guests can still make the most of their day, we offer to look after luggage in our secure office, which unfortunately means that the storage space we have is quite limited. Therefore, once the office is full, we may sometimes ask guests to leave their belongings in their cars in our on-site car park. I apologise if this was not explained to you when you asked to leave your bags with us, but I am happy to see that overall we left a positive impression on you.

Thank you again for your comments, and I do hope we will have the pleasure of seeing you again in the future.

Kind regards,

Guest Service Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
London
Reviewed 27 March 2013

I must admit that i do enjoy coming to this hotel. This is my 3rd visit and I would definately recommend it. We come to visit my daughter in University in Bath so it's ideal for what we need. The people are always very friendly and helpful. Since my last visit they now ave free internet which is great!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Toptotty78
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind comments regarding your stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express Bath. It is always fantastic when we see familiar faces on check in, and I am so pleased that we have been the hotel of your choice during your past 3 visits to Bath.

As you mentioned, we are now offering free WiFi throughout the hotel as opposed to just in the great room, and I am glad to see you are as excited about it as we are.

Thank you again for yet another fantastic review of our hotel, and I hope we will see you again soon.

Aalborg
Reviewed 25 March 2013

A typically Holiday inn Express standard hotel, is where you get what you pay for…I thought. The price range here is pretty wild, even though I was initially told that Bath, is a quite expensive town. The rooms are functional and the lobby area too. As a Platinum member you will get free Wi-Fi. The breakfast is (as normal at HI Ex.?) free and its pretty good, even though the scramble eggs can vary in quality from day to day.
There is a bar in the lobby and no need to inform the prices here :-(. Meals is limited to two different pizzas, which actually is ok for a quick eat, but there is a lot of good restaurants in the area (Sotto Sotto is highly recommended)
The traffic in the morning from the hotel is ridiculous heavy, so count extra time to your destination.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Emma_Fowles, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bath, responded to this review, 27 March 2013
Dear Wandkaer

Thank you for your comments following your recent stay with us and taking the time out to do so.

I am glad you found our facilities to your satisfaction and in fact Wi-Fi is now complimentary to all our guests as well the continental breakfast.

I am sorry you found us to be slightly higher priced than other Holiday Inn Express hotels but as you mentioned, Bath is a very popular city to visit and our prices do reflex the demand and we are very compeitive within the market place.

Once again many thanks for your feedback and we hope to see you again in the future.

Kind regards

Emma Fowles
Frome, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 March 2013

We stayed at this hotel so we could go to the Bath Spa and have an evening in town to celebrate my grand daughters 21st Birthday, although we only live 10 miles away it was like being miles away. The staff were friendly and helpful, even to giving us the connecting rooms we had asked for. Everything was clean and the beds were comfortable. Breakfast was good, plenty of choice

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jackie H
BathGuestServiceMgr, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bath, responded to this review, 21 March 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us to celebrate a memorable event such as your granddaughters 21st birthday. I hope you had a lovely evening out in Bath, and enjoyed your time at the wonderfully relaxing Thermae Bath Spa.

I am so pleased to see you found our team members helpful and friendly. We always strive to provide the best service possible to our guests, and I am glad to see we managed to enhance your stay by honouring your request for interconnecting rooms.

I really appreciate you taking the time to post your kind comments regarding your recent stay with us, and I hope you will keep us in mind for any future overnight visits to our beautiful city.

Corby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 March 2013

Expensive for what it is but then it's Bath room and breakfast was fine i found the customer service very abrupt. I understand it was busy the hotel seemed full of tennis people upon check in I asked to be away from the group as I had a small baby and he said " well I can see what I can do not promise any thing" just the tone I did not like I asked a number of things about the city but again very short abrupt answer so I gave up and we went to our room which was fine although walls are thin. When I went back down stair I spoke ith a young girl who was lovely and helped us with what we needed. Breakfast was extremely busy but the hotel was full we manage to get a seat. Anyone who is visiting Bath a must is Sally Lunns.

Room Tip: Bring your baby own linen
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Damo M
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us. It is thanks to feedback such as yours that we are able to improve our standards and the service we provide to our guests, thus ensuring we get it right every time.

Providing excellent customer service is one of the things we pride ourselves on, regardless of how busy we are, and I am sincerely sorry to read that in this case you feel we have fallen short of your expectations. I hope I can assure you we have taken your comments to heart, and are doing our very best to ensure all guests get the time, attention, and positive attitude they deserve from our team members.

I would like to apologise again that we made you feel less than welcome in our hotel, and I hope you will allow us the opportunity in the future to change your opinion of us.

Maidenhead, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 March 2013

We stayed here for two nights as it was convenient for attending a family wedding nearby. The hotel is modern and clean and reasonably priced when you consider that breakfast is included in the room rate. Staff are friendly and welcoming and the ample buffet breakfast which included scrambled eggs, sausages and baked beans was very satisfying. We would be happy to stay here again.
The only niggles were the sounds of doors banging in the corridor, which could easily be rectified for very little cost, and shortages of cups, glasses, cutlery etc during the breakfast service.

Room Tip: Rooms further away from stairwells would be quieter. One side of the hotel overlooks a cemetery, the...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Peter D
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your stay at the Holiday Inn Express Bath. We always welcome guest feedback to ensure that we are living up to our guests’ expectations, and are providing the best service we can.

I am pleased to see you managed to take advantage of our complimentary Express Start Breakfast. We have recently re-designed the lay out of the breakfast room, which we feel has made a positive impact, but after reading your comments we will certainly re-evaluate our stock levels to ensure we have plenty of cutlery and crockery available for our guests.

Thank you again for your comments, and I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed 15 March 2013 via mobile

This is my second stay here and obviously I like it. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Made reservations for us at restaurant across the street great, by he way). Rooms are simple but comfortable. Nice breakfast. Parking is great. Definitely recommend.

Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Tom R
Dear Guest,

Firstly, I would like to thank you for your wonderful comments regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Bath.

It is always fantastic to read and hear that guests have returned to us after enjoying their previous visit, and I am glad you were equally impressed during your second stay with us. As you mentioned, our reception team members are always more than happy to assist with recommendations or restaurant reservations, and the Mint Room across the street from us is certainly an excellent choice.

Thank you again for your kind review, and I hope we will see you again soon.