“Better than more expensive hotels”

Holiday Inn Express Bath
Ranked #17 of 32 Hotels in Bath
Reviewed 16 June 2013

We stayed here for one night and were very impressed. Friendly and welcoming staff, clean room and comfy bed. We asked for a quiet room and and got exactly that. Breakfast was fine. Overall we were very pleased. Enough space in the car park too!

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room ask for one a higher floor at the back.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Moonflower3
BathGuestServiceMgr, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bath, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay.

Im so pleased to hear you had an enjoyable stay with us.
Thank you for your kind comments about the staff, I am happy to hear you found the room to be clean. Our housekeeping team work extremely hard to maintain the cleanliness throughout the hotel.

I would like to thank you again for writing such a kind review and I hope we can welcome you back in the future.

Lauren Jones

Write a ReviewReviews (1,521)

Reviewed 14 June 2013

This is a basic hotel. But it does the basics perfectly. Staff were friendly. Rooms spotless. Breakfast pretty good. It's a little bit out of central Bath but loads of buses and taxis on the road next to hotel. Overall, †his was a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to write a review about your recent stay.

I am so pleased that you found the staff to be friendly and the rooms clean.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the complimentary continental buffet breakfast.

I would like to thank you again for taking the time to write a review and hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 13 June 2013

Recently returned from a week in Bath at this hotel. Had a great stay. Being disabled, the room was more than adequate for my needs. The bed was comfortable and the linen was changed daily. Special thanks to Laura for all her help. Breakfast was included and was adequate, we are not big breakfast eaters anyway. To all the staff a big thankyou for all your efforts.

Room Tip: If disabled, room 110 is opposite the lift. A good choice
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank leonard j

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay.

I am so glad that you had a great stay with us while visiting Bath.

I am pleased that you found the room to be comfortable and meet your needs.
Thank you for taking advantage of the complimentary breakfast, we try to provide a wide selection of both cooked and continental food so we are able to meet all of our guest’s individual requirements.

I will pass on your kind comments to Laura and the rest of the staff, as I am sure they will be happy to hear them.

I hope we can welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 11 June 2013

We stayed for one night, 9th to 10th June. We took my parents for a break in Bath and booked 2 rooms. The rooms were spotlessly clean, very good quality linens and towels. Rooms are compact with everything you need for a short stay, flat screen t.v., hairdryer, kettle and soap/body wash in the bathroom in pump action containers on the wall. Breakfast was good, limitless coffee/tea dispensed from a kenco machine. Lovely natural yogurt and fruit compote as well as cereals, toast, cheese, scrambled egg ans sausages.
Cost of parking is £8 per night which I think is a bit expensive but seems to be standard practise these days.
Hotel is about a 10-15 min walk to the centre of bath, the walk in to bath along the river is nice as it avoids the busy road.
One criticism we had was that the air con made the breakfast area very chilly. We moved tables to avoid the blow from it but it was still cold, we did ask for it to be turned down as we could see other guests were also trying to avoid the air con blast ! This is just a minor point though, overall the hotel is very good and if the air con can be turned down at breakfast it would rank as an excellent stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Granville45

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us.

I am so glad you found the rooms to be spotlessly clean and that you found the linen and towels to be of a good quality. Our housekeeping team do work extremely hard to maintain the cleanliness throughout the hotel.

Thank you for taking advantage of the complimentary, continental express start breakfast, I am pleased it met your requirements; it is very popular with our guests.

Unfortunately, most hotels in Bath do charge for the use of their car park and our prices are competitive with others throughout the city. Guests have until 4pm on the day of departure to leave their vehicle after they’ve checked out if they wish to discover more of Bath.

I would like to thank you again for taking the time to review your stay and I hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 10 June 2013

A group of us stayed here for two nights on Friday and Saturday.
The rooms are nice and clean, air conditioned, nice size tv and very comfy bed.
The walls are a lot thicker than at other holiday inn expresses I've stayed at aswell.
We had a twin room on the ground floor.
Having read the reviews on here previously I was a bit worried about getting a table for breakfast but I needn't have worried. No problems on either morning at 10am. The freshly baked pastries were delicious.
The hotel is located about a 10 minute walk from the town, so it's ideal. Taxis are only about £7 if you don't want to walk. Reception kindly ordered some for us on both nights.
A special thank you to Laura who sorted us out in the very early hours of Sunday morning with tea and hot chocolate. She was happy to help us despite being 12hours into her double shift.
Couldn't fault anything about our stay, would happily return if I was to visit bath again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank pidgeofcdf

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us.

I am glad you found the rooms to be clean and met your needs for the duration of your stay.

Thank you for taking advantage of the complimentary, continental express start breakfast. We try to provide a wide range of both continental and cooked food to meet all of our guest’s individual tastes.

Thank you for your kind comments about Laura, I will pass these on to her, as I am sure she will love to hear them.

Thank you again for taking the time to write a review and I hope we can welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 9 June 2013

The Holiday Inn Express Bath in England was a very good choice.
We stayed there 3 nights. It was well priced and had a lovely breakfast included and was a 20 minute walk to the Abbey and Roman Baths and most of the important sights.
Rhys Bridges was extremely helpful at the front desk.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ronni S

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review about your recent stay.

I am so glad you found the hotel to be well priced and that you took advantage of the complimentary, continental, express start breakfast. This does prove very popular with our guests.

Thank you for your kind comments about Rhys, I will pass this on to him, as I am sure he will be as happy as I am to hear this.

I would like to thank you again for taking the time to write a review and I hope we can welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 4 June 2013

We spent one night in this hotel. We came to Bath to visit the Roman Baths and other historical monuments. This hotel is the third consecutive Holiday Inn Express we stayed in after coming to UK. In all three hotels, the rooms were clean and well decorated. The beds were very comfortable. All of them including the one in bath had free WiFi, free parking and free breakfast. We found the staff at the reception to be very friendly and helpful. If you need anything in the room or some information about the city, you only have to call the reception desk and ask for it. It was raining in the evening and we needed to find a good place to have dinner. We went to the reception and asked the girl at the reception desk to recommend a good restaurant to have dinner. She gave a list of places in the city and also added that there was a good restaurant just behind the hotel. The very idea of going to the city centre in the rain, finding a parking spot and then walking in the rain made us think twice. We were then debating the option of driving to the restaurant near the hotel. The girl at the reception pointed out that finding a parking spot near the restaurant was equally difficult. It was easier to walk and she even offered an umbrella to take with us. I would rate this as excellent service, over and above her normal duties. Another thing I like about Holiday Inn express hotels is their quick check in and check out procedure. It may be that we are Priority club members and the Holiday Inn Express hotels have all our information with them. In our case, the checking in and out procedure was very quick and took only a couple of minutes.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
BathGuestServiceMgr, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bath, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review.

I am glad to hear you had an enjoyable time in Bath visiting the Roman Baths and the other historical sites.

I am pleased to hear you found the room to be clean and well decorated. Our housekeeping team work extremely hard to maintain the cleanliness throughout the hotel.

Thank you for taking advantage of the complimentary express start breakfast and WIFI. These both provide very popular with our guests.

Thank you for your kind comments about the staff. I will these on to them as I am sure they will be as happy as I am to hear them.

I would like to thank you again for taking the time to write such a positive review and I hope we can welcome you back in the near future.

Kind Regards