“Excellent”

Ranked #21 of 35 Hotels in Bath
Bath, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
Reviewed 16 July 2013

We booked 3 rooms for a family event and this was perfect for what we needed to accommodate us. rooms were very clean and of high standard, there was a wide variety of choice and it got us set for the day ahead! i would just say it was a little bit of a walk from the main Bath site's and the town, but was still great for what we needed.We were expecting just toast and cereal for breakfast for some reason, but instead, they put out a very nice buffet spread, including the full English breakfast of eggs, sausage, bacon, beans, tomatoes, fruit, yogurt, you cant beat a good fry up first thing in the morning

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
BathGuestServiceMgr, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bath, responded to this review, 18 July 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us.

I am pleased to hear that the room met your requirements and that you found it to be clean. We have an excellent housekeeping team who work extremely hard to maintain the cleanliness throughout the hotel.

Thank you for taking advantage of the complimentary, continental, express start buffet breakfast. we try to provide a wide range of both the continental and the cooked options of; Sausage, Scrambled Egg and Baked Beans, to suit all of our guests requirements. This does prove to be very popular with our guests, so I am glad to hear you enjoyed it.

Thank you again for your review.

Lauren Jones

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Exeter, New Hampshire
Reviewed 15 July 2013

An easy walk into town, a surprisingly good buffet breakfast included in the price, we stayed here for 2 nights with our 10 year old. Very comfortable coming and going. A Sainsbury convenience store just across the way, with a much larger one nearby. We were expecting just toast and cereal for breakfast for some reason, but instead, they put out a very nice buffet spread, including the full English breakfast of eggs, sausage, bacon, beans, tomatoes, fruit, yogurt, etc. My husband loved the bean to cup coffee machine, and my daughter loved that same machine that made her chocolate latte. Bathrooms have shower only, no tubs for a bath. Good wifi. Friendly non-intrusive staff. No one seemed to be in charge, which didn't matter to us, but I can imagine, if it did matter, and someone had a problem, or needed something resolved, it be spongy. Our first walk into town, we used the map, and it seemed to be a long walk, getting across the river and all. Turns out, there is a much closer crossing just for bicycles and pedestrians, and we didn't know about it because it wasn't on the road map (since it's not a road). Once we found this, it was quick and easy in and out of town by foot. Free parking. We'd stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay.

I am pleased to hear that you found the walk to the city centre easy. We are very lucky having the hotel only a 10-15 minute walk away from the beautiful, historic sites of Bath.

Thank you for taking advantage of the complimentary, continental, express start buffet breakfast. we try to provide a wide range of both the continental and the cooked options of, Sausage, Scrambled Egg and Baked Beans, to suit all of our guests requirements. This does prove to be very popular with our guests, so I am glad to hear you enjoyed it.

I would like to thank you again for taking the time to write a review and I hope to welcome you back in the future.

London
Reviewed 10 July 2013

Two nights here was not expecting much, Room was lovely staff very welcoming and really good value for money. Free parking good breakfast and although the sheets were not top quality they were clean and the bed was big. Fast internet just good value

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
BathGuestServiceMgr, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bath, responded to this review, 11 July 2013
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us.

I am so happy to hear that you found the room to be lovely, our housekeeping team work extremely hard to maintain the cleanliness and comfort in the guests bedrooms and throughout the hotel.

Thank you for your kind comments about the staff, I will make sure I pass these on to them, as I am sure they will be as pleased as I am to hear this.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast, this does prove to be very popular with our guests.

I hope you had a wonderful time in our beautiful city and I hope we can welcome you back in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 July 2013

we stayed here while visiting Bath for the first time, for 2 nights. it did the job. the hotel room was clean and spacious enough. the breakfast was lovely, there was a wide variety of choice and it got us set for the day ahead! i would just say it was a little bit of a walk from the main Bath site's and the town centre, as didnt want to take the car. would recommend this hotel as it wasn't too pricey either.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay.

I am so glad to hear that the hotel met your needs while visiting the beautiful city of Bath.

Thank you for taking advantage of the complimentary, continental, express start buffet breakfast. This does prove to be very popular with our guests. I am glad you found that there was a wide enough variety as our breakfast team work extremely hard to provide a wide selection of both continental, and cooked food, to suit all of our guests requirements.

The route to the city centre of Bath, and all of Bath's beautiful, historic attractions, is a 10-15 minute walk away from the hotel. Staff are more than happy to provide guests with a map and walking directions with the quickest routes to get into the centre. Alternatively, there is a regular bus service with a bus stop directly opposite the hotel across the road to take you to and from the hotel.

I would like to thank you again for taking the time to write a review and I hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 3 July 2013

The hotel is superbly situated 10 minutes walk from city centre. Room clean and comfortable with shower. Breakfast poor, not enough room to make a cup of tea at breakfast bar which is not big enough for amount of people even though only a dozen tables occupied. Cutlery containers tipped over easily causing chaos. Variety of food poor, sausages, beans and scrambled egg not a nice mixture for breakfast. Everything including cutlery seemed cheap quality. This is not a cheap hotel, costing us £258 for two nights. Wonder if prices were inflated because of Bath University graduations. Then having to pay another £16 for car parking seemed extortionate for a very basic accommodation. Other review says car parking was free, why wasn't it or us?

• Stayed July 2013
BathGuestServiceMgr, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bath, responded to this review, 7 July 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay.

I am glad to hear that you found the room to be clean. We have an excellent housekeeping team who work extremely hard to maintain the cleanliness throughout the hotel.

As you mentioned, we are very lucky to have the hotel located only an easy 10-15 minute walk away from the beautiful, historic sites of Bath.

I am so sorry to hear the comments about the breakfast. We are currently looking into ways that we can expand this area so there will be more room for guests to manoeuvre safely when helping themselves to the buffet breakfast.
I am also sorry to hear that you found the variety of food poor. We do try to provide a wide selection of both continental and the cooked options which consist of; sausage, scrambled egg and baked beans, to suit all of our guests individual tastes. Unfortunately, as we are not a full service hotel and due to our brand standards, we are limited to the number of hot food options that we are able to serve.
I can assure you that our continental, express start, buffet breakfast does prove to be very popular with our guests and these comments are not common, so I will be discussing with my breakfast team on how to improve and stop these kind of issues occurring again, thank you for bringing them to my attention.

Our rates do vary from day to day depending on our occupancy levels. As it was graduation week, Bath was extremely busy and the demand for hotels were high. Our rates reflect this and are competitive with the other hotels throughout the city.

Unfortunately, most hotels in Bath do charge for the use of the car park. We charge £8.00 per vehicle, per night and guests are able to leave their vehicles in our car park until 4pm on the day of departure. This enables guests to discover more of our beautiful city if they wish to.

I would like to thank you again for taking the time to write a review. It is feedback such as yours which enables us to see what areas we can improve on in the future.

Wiesbaden, Germany
Reviewed 30 June 2013

First off, this hotel is located slightly outside the Bath central area. My room faced, what looked like a park, but I quickly realized it was actually a cemetery.

The rooms at this hotel were a little more dated. During the same trip, I stayed in a Holiday Inn in Brentford Lock and that hotel was comparatively more modern than this one.

Overall, I think the value of the hotel is fine. But if you're planning on visiting the sites in Bath, be prepared to walk at least 10 minutes before you get to the main pedestrian area.

There's complimentary parking out front. Breakfast was included and decent. Staff was nice. If given a choice, I would probably find a place closer to Bath central area. If none were available, this hotel would do just fine.

Room Tip: If given a choice of a room facing the parking lot or the cemetery, I'd probably choose the ceme...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
BathGuestServiceMgr, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bath, responded to this review, 2 July 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us.

The hotel is located on the outskirts of the city centre as you mentioned. This location enabled us to have a large property with our own car park which is rare to find in Bath. Guests have the option to leave their vehicles at the hotel until 4pm on the day of departure so they are able to discover more of the beautiful city of Bath.

We are happy to offer the shortest routes to walk into the city centre as well as very efficient transport links with regular bus services and taxis to take you to the centre of Bath.
For those wishing to take their time to walk into Bath, there is a picturesque walk along the river Avon.

Thank you for taking advantage of the complimentary, continental express start buffet breakfast. Our breakfast team work extremely hard to provide a variety of cooked and continental food to suit all of our guests individual requirements.

Thank you for your kind comments about the staff, I will make sure they are aware of this.

Surrey
Reviewed 29 June 2013

Spent a week here whilst working in Bristol. For a holiday inn express this place is not cheap but then again neither is Bath. The hotel is conveniently located 15mins walk from the town itself and 5mins from Oldfield Park station.

Rooms are small and basic and the bed is particularly hard. With a sofa bed in each room the place is great for families, especially with facilities such as free microwave use and free breakfast no matter how many guests. This proved perfect for us as there were three of us on this trip. The only catch is arriving at the right time so that you don't get stuck in a long queue for breakfast.

A decent budget option if you're visiting bath and don't want to fork out for some of the more expensive hotels.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us.

The hotel is in a very convenient location, as you mentioned, we are luckily only a 10-15 minute walk away from the beautiful, historic attractions of Bath.

Thank you for taking advantage of the complimentary, continental express start buffet breakfast, this does prove to be very popular with our guests and we try to provide a wide variety of both cooked and continental food to suit all of our guests.

I would like to thank you again for taking the time to write a review and I hope we can welcome you back in the future.