“Ok stay”

Ranked #17 of 31 Hotels in Bath
Queenstown, New Zealand
“Ok stay”
Reviewed 26 July 2013

Stay was ok but check in was a bit untidy as staff tried to confirm if room was ready or not.

There was an £8 parking charge at the hotel even though it was out of the town centre and their own property.

Bed was not good.

Didn't use any other facilities.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
BathGuestServiceMgr, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bath, responded to this review, 27 July 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay.

As check in is guaranteed from 3pm, reception do sometimes have to check with the housekeeping team first to make sure that the guests rooms are clean and ready for arrival before checking them in.

Guests can use the car park if they wish to, as you mentioned, at a charge of £8.00 per night. This parking charge is valid from the guests arrival until 4pm on the day of departure, so guests are able to leave their vehicles after they've checked out to discover more of the beautiful city of Bath. Unfortunately, most hotels in Bath do charge guests for the use of the car park and we are one of the cheaper ones.

I am so sorry to hear that you didn't find the bed comfortable. We have recently had new beds and sofa beds put into the hotel, comfort is personal preference, but I will speak with housekeeping to discuss this matter.

I would like to thank you again for taking the time to write a review, it is reviews such as yours, which ables us to see what areas we can improve on.

Lauren Jones

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 23 July 2013 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel with my friends for a birthday treat and it was fantastic x x the staff were helpful and the hotel was clean and cool inside. We have stayed at this hotel a few times and all I can say is its getting better each time.The breakfast was fantastic,last time we come didn't have cooked food so what a treat when we saw sausages beans and scrambled egg.looking forward to our next stay thanks again for making our weekend special x x

• Stayed July 2013
BathGuestServiceMgr, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bath, responded to this review, 25 July 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing such a kind review about your recent stay with the Holiday Inn Express Bath.

I am so pleased to hear that you choose to stay with us while celebrating something as important as a birthday.

Thank you for your kind comments about the staff, I will pass these on to them, as I am sure they will be as happy as I am to hear them. They do go above and beyond with their customer service that they provide, and take great pride in doing so.

Thank you for taking advantage of the complimentary, continental, express start buffet breakfast. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed it, we have an excellent breakfast team who work extremely hard maintaining breakfast and providing a wide range of food to suit all of our guests individual tastes.

I would just like to thank you again for taking the time out to write such a positive review and I hope to welcome you back in the future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Lovely clean hotel with friendly helpful staff. Breakfast was good with most of the usual choices. The city is only a very short walk away and you will pass a large Sainsburys if you want to buy some picnic items. There are lovely parks to eat in if the weather is good. Free wi-fi was the best I have ever experienced in a hotel. I will certainly stay again.

Room Tip: Although it is not noisy in this area a room at the back overlooking the cemetery was just wonderful
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review about your recent stay with the Holiday Inn Express, Bath.

I am so pleased to hear that you found the hotel to be clean, we have an excellent housekeeping team who work extremely hard to maintain the cleanliness and comfort throughout the hotel. I am glad to hear that you found the staff to be friendly, they do go above and beyond with their customer service and take pride in doing so.

Thank you for taking advantage of the complimentary, continental, express start buffet breakfast. Our breakfast team try to provide a wide selection of both cooked and continental food to suit all of our guests requirements, so I am really pleased to hear you enjoyed it.

As you mentioned, we are very lucky with the location of our hotel, having the city centre only an easy 10-15 minute walk away from the beautiful sites of Bath.

I would like to thank you again for taking the time to write a review and I hope we can welcome you back in the future.

dorset
Reviewed 18 July 2013

Stayed for one night - had been due to stay at another hotel but it was so bad I asked my booking company to find somewhere else. The holiday inn was more expensive but worth every penny. First of all the air con meant I had the first nights sleep since the heatwave began! The hotel has ample parking which is cheap by Bath standard(it's £8 per day, central Bath can be £13)it is a pleasant 15 minute walk into the city(cut through the Sainsbury garage opposite, follow the road to Sainsbury, go through green park station then either straight across for Southgate or up the road and bear right for the top of town (Milsom street))there is a TGI Friday, Frankie& Jenny's, Nandos and a wetherspoons near the cinema (straight across the road from Green Park station) the hotel is very clean and tidy, and was wonderfully cool.the staff were helpful and friendly. Breakfast is typical Holiday inn express; I have never tried the cooked food on offer but you have a selection of fruit, yoghurt and toast with plenty of tea and coffee. Would I stay again - yes if allowed as it is over my £100 per night budget (although it must have been cheaper when I stayed last October!)

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
BathGuestServiceMgr, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bath, responded to this review, 19 July 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay.

As you mentioned, we are extremely lucky with the location of the hotel, having the beautiful, historic sites of Bath only a 10-15 minute walk away.

I am so glad you found the hotel to be clean and tidy. Our housekeeping team work extremely hard to maintain the cleanliness and comfort throughout the hotel.

Thank you so much for your kind comments about the staff. I will pass these on to them, as I am sure they will be as pleased as I am to hear them.

I am pleased to hear that you took advantage of the complimentary, continental, express start buffet breakfast. It does prove to be very popular with our guests.

I would like to thank you again for taking the time to write a review, and I hope to welcome you back in the future.

Aliso Viejo, California
Reviewed 18 July 2013

My parents and I stayed here for two nights and really enjoyed our stay here. The room was a bit on the small size but it is to be expected as this is Europe. Going into town is easy once you figure out the short cut to the right of the hotel. The breakfast was great as I was expecting only toast and coffee but they had a full breakfast buffet. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay.

I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay while in Bath.

As you mentioned, the route to the city centre and all of Bath's beautiful attractions, is only a short 10-15 minute walk away. Reception staff are more than happy to give guests a map and walking directions with the quickest route.

Thank you for taking advantage of the complimentary, continental, express start buffet breakfast. We try to provide a wide selection of both the continental and the cooked options of; Sausage, Scrambled Egg and Baked Beans, to suit all of our guests requirements.

I would like to thank you again for taking the time to write such a positive review, and I hope to welcome you back in the future.

Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 18 July 2013

First, the location. It's a manageable twenty-minute walk from the main tourist area. It has a nice big lobby, breakfast/lounge area. Free (but limited) wifi. Staff was exceptionally helpful. Rooms are basic but clean. Very efficient. Well worth the money. Nice breakfast. Overall, I would call this a very good value. Btw, just up the hill from the hotel is a charming local neighborhood. If you get a chance, walk up there and catch dinner.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay.

As you mentioned, we are extremely lucky having the hotel located only an easy, 10-15 minute walk away from the beautiful, historic sites of Bath.

I am glad to hear that you made use of the complimentary wifi throughout the hotel, all of our guests are entitled to use the complimentary wifi for the duration of their stay with us.

Thank you for your kind comments about the staff, I am extremely pleased to hear that you found them to be helpful. They do go above and beyond with customer service and enjoy doing so.

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed the complimentary, continental, express start buffet breakfast. We like to offer a wide range of both continental and cooked food to suit all of our guests requirements and this does prove very popular.

I would like to thank you again for taking the time to write a review and I hope to welcome you back in the future.

Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 July 2013

We booked 3 rooms for a family event and this was perfect for what we needed to accommodate us. rooms were very clean and of high standard, there was a wide variety of choice and it got us set for the day ahead! i would just say it was a little bit of a walk from the main Bath site's and the town, but was still great for what we needed.We were expecting just toast and cereal for breakfast for some reason, but instead, they put out a very nice buffet spread, including the full English breakfast of eggs, sausage, bacon, beans, tomatoes, fruit, yogurt, you cant beat a good fry up first thing in the morning

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
BathGuestServiceMgr, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bath, responded to this review, 18 July 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us.

I am pleased to hear that the room met your requirements and that you found it to be clean. We have an excellent housekeeping team who work extremely hard to maintain the cleanliness throughout the hotel.

Thank you for taking advantage of the complimentary, continental, express start buffet breakfast. we try to provide a wide range of both the continental and the cooked options of; Sausage, Scrambled Egg and Baked Beans, to suit all of our guests requirements. This does prove to be very popular with our guests, so I am glad to hear you enjoyed it.

Thank you again for your review.