“Would stay again!”

Ranked #17 of 31 Hotels in Bath
Luxembourg
“Would stay again!”
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Very good hotel, only a few minutes flat stroll of the city centre. Comfy beds; spotless, spacious room and a very good shower both in terms of size and function! Everything you need for a city holiday - nothing fancy but really good value. All staff were very helpful and friendly.

1 Thank LuxembourgWendy
BathGuestServiceMgr, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bath, responded to this review, 1 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay.

I am so pleased to hear that the hotel met your requirements for the duration of your stay and I hope you enjoyed your time in Bath.

Thank you for your kind comments about the staff, I am sure they will be as pleased as I am to hear this, they all go above and beyond with customer service and enjoy doing so.

I would like to thank you again for taking the time to write a review and I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Lauren Jones

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Pittsburgh
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,319 helpful votes
Reviewed 30 October 2013

My wife and I recently stayed here for 2 nights. The front desk staff were very friendly and efficient. Among other things, they provided us with very good restaurant recommendations and directions. They were also able to accommodate us with an early check-in.

The rooms were clean and reasonably good sized. The free W-Fi that worked well and the complimentary breakfast was very good. The price we paid was very reasonable.

The only potential issue is the location. It's about a 15 minute walk from central Bath. That normally wouldn't be much of an issue for us but it was pouring rain during our visit to Bath so the walk wasn't much fun. A taxi from the central Bath is around 5 pounds, however.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
BathGuestServiceMgr, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bath, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us.

I am so pleased to hear that you found the front desk staff to be friendly and efficient. They all go above and beyond with their customer service and take great pride in doing so.

I am glad to hear that you found the room to be clean and that it met your requirements for the duration of your stay.

As you mentioned, the location of the hotel is a 10-15 minute walk away from the city centre of Bath, and the main tourist attractions. As well as getting a taxi to the city centre, there is a bus stop directly opposite the hotel with a regular bus service going to the city centre and back to the hotel.

I would like to thank you again for taking the time to write a review and I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Four girls hit the hotel in Bath for a weekend of shopping and sightseeing. We were made very welcome by the reception staff who went out of their way to find the location of shops and suggested nice places to eat. It was only a seven minute walk to the Pump Room via a shortcut through Sainsbury's. Overall ideally situated, clean, welcoming and good value for money. Would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone going to Bath

Room Tip: rooms overlooking the car ark can be noisier so ask for a room facing the rear
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
BathGuestServiceMgr, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bath, responded to this review, 30 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay.

I am so glad to hear that the staff made you welcome while you were staying with us, they do go above and beyond with their customer service and take great pride in doing so.

As you mentioned, we are lucky with the location of the hotel being only an easy 10-15 minute walk away from the city centre of Bath and all of its beautiful, historic tourist attractions.

I would like to thank you again for writing such a kind review, I hope you enjoyed your time in Bath and that we can welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Staff very helpful and welcoming. Breakfast included cooked items or continental.

Rare to find a wheelchair accessible room with wet room in Bath (although on first floor!?), and parking is right outside. 15 mins walk into town centre. Hotel fairly quiet, but is near a main road.

The Bath one-way system takes a bit of getting used to - hurrah for satnav!

Room Tip: Wheelchair rooms with wet room on first floor - access via lift
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
BathGuestServiceMgr, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bath, responded to this review, 26 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay.

I am so pleased to hear that you found the staff to be helpful and welcoming and that you took advantage of the complimentary, continental, express start buffet breakfast. As you mentioned, there is both the cooked and the continental items, the breakfast does prove to be very popular with our guests so I am glad you enjoyed this.

We have wheelchair accessible rooms on every floor of the hotel, however, as we only have the one wheelchair accessible room on ground floor if it is occupied, we do have to put guests in the wheelchair accessible rooms on the higher floors, as we do have a lift in the hotel.

I would like to thank you again for taking the time to write a review.

Newport, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 October 2013

My wife and I stayed at this lovely hotel with friends. We found the hotel very clean and comfortable, the staff very helpful. It was ideally situated for the city centre and Bath rugby ground, which is where we went. Will definitely use again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Skoosh

2 Thank Grahame G
BathGuestServiceMgr, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bath, responded to this review, 25 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay.

I am so glad to hear that you found the hotel to be clean and comfortable. The housekeeping team work extremely hard to maintain the cleanliness and comfort throughout the hotel for our guests.

I am pleased you found the staff to be helpful, they do go above and beyond with their customer service and take great pride in doing so.

As you mentioned, we are lucky with the location of the hotel being only a 10-15 minute walk away from the city centre and all of the beautiful, historic tourist attractions Bath has to offer.

I would like to thank you again for taking the time to write a review, and I hope we are able to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 October 2013

We have just returned from 4 nights here, this being our second visit to this hotel. On arrival the staff were very helpful, our room was kept very clean during the whole of our stay, the soundproofing between rooms was good, we did not hear the occupants on either side, or noise from corridor.
Car parking was safe, but there is a charge of £8. per night, on the negative side, we did notice on two occasions people who were using this car park free and returning from Bath with shopping bags, and then driving off, as there is no barrier at the entrance. As we understand that there are less parking spaces than rooms, maybe Management could look into this ??
Breakfast was good, there was a choice of hot or cold food, and stocks were quickly replenished.
However there is a lack of tables at peak times, and it is better to eat after 9 am when the business people have gone.
Bath is only a 10/15 minute walk away, passing Sainsburys and the Green Park Brasserie, which we really loved for its good food and quirky interior.

1 Thank jaffacakes222
BathGuestServiceMgr, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bath, responded to this review, 23 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay.

I am so pleased to hear that you returned to Bath and chose to stay with us again.

Thank you for your kind comments about the staff, they do go above and beyond with their customer service and take great pride in doing so. I am glad to hear that your room was clean and quiet, we have an excellent housekeeping team who work extremely hard throughout the hotel, maintaining a high level of cleanliness and comfort for our guests.

As you mentioned, we do have a secure, on site car park, for the small charge of £8 per night, guests are able to leave their vehicles until 4pm on the day of departure. With regards to people using the car park for visiting the city centre, we do have a parking patrol system in place. As people drive into the car park, a camera will take a picture of the vehicle registration plate and if people don't register their vehicle registration number into the terminal in reception, an automatic £100 fine is issued.

Thank you for taking advantage of the complimentary, continental, express start buffet breakfast. This does prove to be very popular with our guests, so I am glad to hear that you enjoyed it. As you mentioned, as our breakfast area is of a limited size, in peak times it can get quite congested, we do try to pre warn our guests upon check in the best times to come down to avoid the breakfast rush.

I would like to thank you again for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay and I hope we are able to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Scotland
Reviewed 18 October 2013

I spent three nights here with friends on a college reunion. We were all very comfortable and enjoyed our stay.

We would have liked to sit downstairs in the bar to chat in the evenings, but found the foyer area where the bar was situated a bit uninviting, and we took our drinks to one of our rooms.

Our room was clean and our breakfast fine. However, I personally found the cost of my room on the Saturday night expensive for a budget hotel, and would not have spent this amount had I been on my own.

However, on the whole, I would recommend this hotel, and I did enjoy the proximity to the town centre.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
BathGuestServiceMgr, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bath, responded to this review, 19 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay.

I am so glad to hear that you were comfortable and enjoyed your stay with us.

I am sorry to hear that you found the bar area uninviting. We welcome all of our guests to sit in the foyer area to enjoy their drinks and relax, so I am disappointed to hear that you found you couldn't do this.

I am glad you found your room to be clean, our housekeeping team are excellent and work extremely hard to maintain the cleanliness and comfort throughout the hotel.

Thank you for taking advantage of the complimentary, continental, express start buffet breakfast. This does prove to be very popular with our guests so I am glad to hear that you enjoyed it.

As Bath is such a popular city that attracts a large number of tourists throughout the year, the demand for hotels is extremely high, our rates reflect this demand and are competitive with other hotels throughout the city of Bath. Also, our rates reflect our occupancy levels, as Saturday is our most popular night, our rates are at the highest on the night unfortunately.

I would like to thank you again for taking the time to write a review, and I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.