“Wonderful visit!”

Ranked #17 of 31 Hotels in Bath
Knoxville
“Wonderful visit!”
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Honestly, we had hoped to find a quaint B&B for our visit, but when we got a great offer for rooms at the Holiday Inn Express, we couldn't pass it up. And I'm so glad we didn't! Laura and the rest of the staff were terrific. They made us feel right at home from the moment we walked in. They were extremely helpful and accommodating in helping us find restaurants, arrange tours and call cabs. The location was just an enjoyable short walk - 10 minutes or so - from the city center. The rooms were very clean and well-designed, and the breakfast buffet was impressive. I'd love to stay there again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
BathGuestServiceMgr, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bath, responded to this review, 11 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay.

Thank you for your kind comments about Laura and the rest of the staff members, they do go above and beyond with their customer service and take great pride in doing so.

As you mentioned, we are lucky with the location of the hotel being only an easy 10-15 minute walk away from the city centre of Bath, and all of the main tourist attractions.

I am so glad to hear that the room met your requirements for the duration of the stay, and that you enjoyed our free, hot option breakfast, this does prove to be very popular with our guests.

I would like to thank you again for taking the time to write a review and I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Lauren Jones

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Very pleased with this hotel, following a one night stay. The hotel is clean, modern and in a convenient location.

However, what made the hotel really special was the excellent customer care shown by the reception staff and particularly the Duty Manager, Laura. They worked with efficiency and empathy to resolve a problem we had on check in.

Thank you!

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Mandy C
BathGuestServiceMgr, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bath, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review about your recent stay with us.

I'm very pleased that our hotel met your requirements for the duration of your stay.

Thank you for your kind comment regarding our staff, we all do try our best to ensure all our guests have a wonderful stay with us, I will pass your kind comments on to Laura.

I would like to thank you again for your kind review, and will look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind Regards

Sam
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 March 2014

We have stayed here before and found the location great and the rooms to be clean and well equipped. The rate we got for the room was good and it included breakfast. We arrived early and were able to check straight in with a friendly receptionist, and there were ample amounts of parking available. Breakfast was good, nothing special, but well cooked and the breakfast lounge was clean and comfortable. I would definitely return to this hotel due to the high level of cleanliness and great location for Bath city centre.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Kittybear1809
BathGuestServiceMgr, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bath, responded to this review, 8 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay.

I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us again.

I am so pleased to hear that you found the location great, we are lucky having the hotel only an easy 10-15 minute walk away from the city centre of Bath, and all of the main tourist attractions.
I am glad to hear that the room met your requirements for the duration of your stay.

I am pleased to hear that you were able to check in straight away, and thank you for your kind comments about the member of staff. All of our staff go above and beyond with their customer service, and take great pride in doing so.

Thank you for taking advantage of the free, hot option breakfast. We do try to provide a wide range of both the continental and the cooked option food, to meet all of our guests requirements, and this does prove to be very popular with our guests.

I would like to thank you again for taking the time to write such a positive review, and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

WEST MIDLANDS
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights, Arrived an hour early the room was not ready but staff were excellent in getting it ready within 20 minutes. The room was spacious, clean and warm with a hairdryer, kettle, bed setee, double bed and t.v. great comfortable bed with in room heating. Breakfast was fine with a selection of cereals, fruit, muffins, croissants, toast, egg, sausage and tea, coffee. The hotel is situated on a main rd the traffic didn't cause any noise problems. Town is approx 10 minutes walk via the short cut past sainsburys and through the old railway station. There is a frequent bus service which stops opposite the hotel. Highly recommended indian restaurant opposite the hotel called the mint room. Fantastic chinese restaurant in the town. All in all a good hotel at the right price within easy reach of the town. Car parking is £8 per day ample parking space and cctv presence.

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank ANDS2008

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay.

I am so pleased to hear that the room met your requirements for the duration of your stay.

As you mentioned, we are lucky with the location of the hotel being only an easy 10-15 minute walk away from the city centre of Bath and all of the main tourist attractions.

I would like to thank you again for taking the time to write a review and I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

wales, uk
Reviewed 26 February 2014

We stay here as a family of 2 adults & 2 children, firstly apon arrival there was heaps of parking spaces, check in was easy & fast, with lovely reception staff. The room was spotless, crisp white bedding, sparkling bathroom, we couldnt fault it. Large flat screen tv in room also. The breakfast was fine too, not 5* but definately worth getting up for, there was 6 different cereals, fresh fruits, scrambled egg, sausage, beans, toast, cheese, yogurts, muffins + more, & teas/coffees , juices, what more do you want for the price you pay, it done us and the kids was happy too. Must also mention the breakfast staff, the lady cleaning the breakfast area was working her socks off collecting dishes & keeping the area clean.......good job !
Location was great, 10 mins strool into town.
Take no notice of negative reviews, this was a faultless stay, highly recommended.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank lukeWales_Uk
BathGuestServiceMgr, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bath, responded to this review, 28 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review about your recent stay.

I am so glad to hear you found your check in to be easy and fast. Thank you for your kind comments about the staff. They do go above and beyond with their customer service and take great pride in doing so.

I am pleased to hear that the room met your requirments for the duration of your stay. Our housekeeping team work extremely hard to maintain a high standard of cleanliness and comfort throughout the hotel.

Thank you for taking advantage of the free, hot option breakfast. We do try to provide a wide range of continental and hot option food to meet all of our guests individual requirements. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed this.

I would like to thank you again for taking the time to write such a kind review, I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 February 2014

I have to say that we arrived much earlier than we had expected and although we just planned to park and go for a walk we were pleased to find our room was ready early for us. The reception staff were very friendly and it felt as if we were returning guests.

Now my first moan, as with any hotel, not just Holiday Inn, NOTE TO HOTEL MANAGERS. If your going to put tea and coffee in a room there should be enough for one up each when you arrive after a long drive and one each when you wake in the morning before breakfast. Two coffee sachets, only two sugar packets and four UHT dosent really do the job. We popped to Sainsbury and brought our own, it made for a much more comfertable stay.

The room was clean and tidy, the shower lovely, and the room smelt fresh. It took me the first night to get used to which pillow I wanted but thats just me.

The continental breakfast, It was ok, a decent enough start to the day, on the cooked front it was just sausage, beans and scambled egg. To whoever used the same spoon for the egg and the beans...dont do it again.

The location of the holiday inn was perfect, ten min walk into town, finding it was easy when arriving from the west. The staff were all friendly and the bar downstairs was priced as you'd expect in the high street.

The free wifi was great in this day and age, but for some reason each time i returned to the room I had to put the code in again, maybe that was just my device???

All in all a good stay

Room Tip: Take your own coffee in you like a warm drink
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mystery S
BathGuestServiceMgr, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bath, responded to this review, 24 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay.

I am so pleased to hear that you were able to check into the hotel early, and that you found our reception staff friendly. All of our staff do go above and beyond with their customer service, taking great pride in doing so.

With regards to the tea and coffee in the rooms, it is brand standard throughout the chain, to just provide two of everything in the guest bedrooms. However, there are more complimentary tea bags, coffees sachets, milk portions and sugars in the guest vending area located in the reception area for guests to help themselves to. Housekeeping will also top these items up when servicing the rooms.

I am so glad to hear that you found the room to be clean and tidy. We have an excellent housekeeping team who work extremely hard to maintain a high level of cleanliness and comfort throughout the hotel for our guests.

Thank you for taking advantage of the free, hot option buffet breakfast. As well as the three hot options of Sausage, Scrambled Egg and Baked Beans, we do offer a wide selection of continental food to try and meet all of our guests individual requirements.

I glad the location of the hotel met your requirements, we are lucky having the city centre of Bath, and all of the main tourist attractions, only an easy 10-15 minute walk away.

Thank you for making use of the complimentary WIFI throughout the hotel. Unfortunately, our internet provider has set the WIFI up so guests do have to renter the WIFI password each time they go to use their device.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 February 2014

We found this hotel to be just as described. The staff were very friendly and helpful. We had a small problem with the shower and were offered an alternative room immediately and assistance with our bags etc. The room was clean and well laid out. The location was fine for us a short 10 minute walk into the town centre. Our only minor grumble was none of us enjoyed the scrambled egg, strange taste and texture! Would happily stay again for a short stop over which I believe is what these hotels are designed for.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
BathGuestServiceMgr, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bath, responded to this review, 23 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay.

Thank you for your kind comments about the staff. They do go above and beyond with their customer service, and take great pride in doing so.

I am so sorry to hear that you had a problem with your shower while you were staying with us. I am pleased to hear however, that our staff dealt with the problem and you received an alternative room. Our maintenance manager will be looking into this matter with the shower, and get it fixed as quickly as possible.

I am so pleased to hear that you found the room to be clean and well laid out. Our housekeeping team work extremely hard to maintain a high level of cleanliness and comfort throughout the hotel.

I am so sorry to hear that you didn’t enjoy the scrambled egg included in our free, hot option breakfast. We do try to provide a wide selection of both the continental, and the hot option food, of; Sausage, Scrambled Egg and Baked Beans, to meet all of our guests individual requirements.

I would like to thank you again for taking the time to write a review, and I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.