“Value for money”

Holiday Inn Express Bath
Ranked #19 of 34 Hotels in Bath
Reviewed 13 April 2014

I was staying at this hotel on my business trip, and I must say was a pleasant surprise. Usually the budget hotels are very basics, and dilapidated, with poor services. Holiday Inn Express however is offering exactly what they stated. Simple, very functional and clean facilities. They do not have restaurant but breakfast is provided. One day I was too tired to go out for my dinner, so I asked Laura the receptionist, if they have services for home delivery meals to the hotel. She gave a selection of restaurants which are providing this services and offer to make the order on my behalf according to the chosen menu.
Only one disturbing fact, was that one night I wasn't able to sleep too well, due teenagers decided to make form the hotel a giant playground, so slamming doors, screaming and running on the corridor keep me awake. I called the reception whom acted strait away and eventually the disturbance stopped. I was able to sleep 4 hours. If you chose to stay at this hotel, you will not regret. I case of disturbing noises ( I don't think this happen too often) I would advise you to call the reception as soon as misbehaving customers don't let you sleep, because the hotel`s personnel will help you. Very nice, friendly people and helpful employees. I highly recommend this hotel for short staying.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Csilla E
BathGuestServiceMgr, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bath, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay.

I am so glad to hear that the hotel and room met your requirements for the duration of your stay.

I am pleased to hear that Laura was able to help you with dinner in the evening. All of our staff go above and beyond with customer service, taking great pride in doing so, thank you for your kind comments, I will make sure I pass these on to the staff.

I am so sorry to hear that your night was disturbed by noise, I can assure you that this isnt common at the hotel, and I would like to apologize for this, however, I am glad that our night staff managed to rectify this situation as quickly as possible.

I would like to thank you again for taking the time to write such a kind review, and I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Lauren Jones

Write a ReviewReviews (1,547)

Reviewed 9 April 2014

Honestly, we had hoped to find a quaint B&B for our visit, but when we got a great offer for rooms at the Holiday Inn Express, we couldn't pass it up. And I'm so glad we didn't! Laura and the rest of the staff were terrific. They made us feel right at home from the moment we walked in. They were extremely helpful and accommodating in helping us find restaurants, arrange tours and call cabs. The location was just an enjoyable short walk - 10 minutes or so - from the city center. The rooms were very clean and well-designed, and the breakfast buffet was impressive. I'd love to stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
BathGuestServiceMgr, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bath, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay.

Thank you for your kind comments about Laura and the rest of the staff members, they do go above and beyond with their customer service and take great pride in doing so.

As you mentioned, we are lucky with the location of the hotel being only an easy 10-15 minute walk away from the city centre of Bath, and all of the main tourist attractions.

I am so glad to hear that the room met your requirements for the duration of the stay, and that you enjoyed our free, hot option breakfast, this does prove to be very popular with our guests.

I would like to thank you again for taking the time to write a review and I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

Very pleased with this hotel, following a one night stay. The hotel is clean, modern and in a convenient location.

However, what made the hotel really special was the excellent customer care shown by the reception staff and particularly the Duty Manager, Laura. They worked with efficiency and empathy to resolve a problem we had on check in.

Thank you!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Mandy C
BathGuestServiceMgr, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bath, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review about your recent stay with us.

I'm very pleased that our hotel met your requirements for the duration of your stay.

Thank you for your kind comment regarding our staff, we all do try our best to ensure all our guests have a wonderful stay with us, I will pass your kind comments on to Laura.

I would like to thank you again for your kind review, and will look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind Regards

Sam

Reviewed 7 March 2014

We have stayed here before and found the location great and the rooms to be clean and well equipped. The rate we got for the room was good and it included breakfast. We arrived early and were able to check straight in with a friendly receptionist, and there were ample amounts of parking available. Breakfast was good, nothing special, but well cooked and the breakfast lounge was clean and comfortable. I would definitely return to this hotel due to the high level of cleanliness and great location for Bath city centre.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Kittybear1809
BathGuestServiceMgr, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bath, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay.

I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us again.

I am so pleased to hear that you found the location great, we are lucky having the hotel only an easy 10-15 minute walk away from the city centre of Bath, and all of the main tourist attractions.
I am glad to hear that the room met your requirements for the duration of your stay.

I am pleased to hear that you were able to check in straight away, and thank you for your kind comments about the member of staff. All of our staff go above and beyond with their customer service, and take great pride in doing so.

Thank you for taking advantage of the free, hot option breakfast. We do try to provide a wide range of both the continental and the cooked option food, to meet all of our guests requirements, and this does prove to be very popular with our guests.

I would like to thank you again for taking the time to write such a positive review, and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 28 February 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights, Arrived an hour early the room was not ready but staff were excellent in getting it ready within 20 minutes. The room was spacious, clean and warm with a hairdryer, kettle, bed setee, double bed and t.v. great comfortable bed with in room heating. Breakfast was fine with a selection of cereals, fruit, muffins, croissants, toast, egg, sausage and tea, coffee. The hotel is situated on a main rd the traffic didn't cause any noise problems. Town is approx 10 minutes walk via the short cut past sainsburys and through the old railway station. There is a frequent bus service which stops opposite the hotel. Highly recommended indian restaurant opposite the hotel called the mint room. Fantastic chinese restaurant in the town. All in all a good hotel at the right price within easy reach of the town. Car parking is £8 per day ample parking space and cctv presence.

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank ANDS2008

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay.

I am so pleased to hear that the room met your requirements for the duration of your stay.

As you mentioned, we are lucky with the location of the hotel being only an easy 10-15 minute walk away from the city centre of Bath and all of the main tourist attractions.

I would like to thank you again for taking the time to write a review and I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 26 February 2014

We stay here as a family of 2 adults & 2 children, firstly apon arrival there was heaps of parking spaces, check in was easy & fast, with lovely reception staff. The room was spotless, crisp white bedding, sparkling bathroom, we couldnt fault it. Large flat screen tv in room also. The breakfast was fine too, not 5* but definately worth getting up for, there was 6 different cereals, fresh fruits, scrambled egg, sausage, beans, toast, cheese, yogurts, muffins + more, & teas/coffees , juices, what more do you want for the price you pay, it done us and the kids was happy too. Must also mention the breakfast staff, the lady cleaning the breakfast area was working her socks off collecting dishes & keeping the area clean.......good job !
Location was great, 10 mins strool into town.
Take no notice of negative reviews, this was a faultless stay, highly recommended.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank lukeWales_Uk
BathGuestServiceMgr, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bath, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review about your recent stay.

I am so glad to hear you found your check in to be easy and fast. Thank you for your kind comments about the staff. They do go above and beyond with their customer service and take great pride in doing so.

I am pleased to hear that the room met your requirments for the duration of your stay. Our housekeeping team work extremely hard to maintain a high standard of cleanliness and comfort throughout the hotel.

Thank you for taking advantage of the free, hot option breakfast. We do try to provide a wide range of continental and hot option food to meet all of our guests individual requirements. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed this.

I would like to thank you again for taking the time to write such a kind review, I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

I have to say that we arrived much earlier than we had expected and although we just planned to park and go for a walk we were pleased to find our room was ready early for us. The reception staff were very friendly and it felt as if we were returning guests.

Now my first moan, as with any hotel, not just Holiday Inn, NOTE TO HOTEL MANAGERS. If your going to put tea and coffee in a room there should be enough for one up each when you arrive after a long drive and one each when you wake in the morning before breakfast. Two coffee sachets, only two sugar packets and four UHT dosent really do the job. We popped to Sainsbury and brought our own, it made for a much more comfertable stay.

The room was clean and tidy, the shower lovely, and the room smelt fresh. It took me the first night to get used to which pillow I wanted but thats just me.

The continental breakfast, It was ok, a decent enough start to the day, on the cooked front it was just sausage, beans and scambled egg. To whoever used the same spoon for the egg and the beans...dont do it again.

The location of the holiday inn was perfect, ten min walk into town, finding it was easy when arriving from the west. The staff were all friendly and the bar downstairs was priced as you'd expect in the high street.

The free wifi was great in this day and age, but for some reason each time i returned to the room I had to put the code in again, maybe that was just my device???

All in all a good stay

Room Tip: Take your own coffee in you like a warm drink
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nick H
BathGuestServiceMgr, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bath, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay.

I am so pleased to hear that you were able to check into the hotel early, and that you found our reception staff friendly. All of our staff do go above and beyond with their customer service, taking great pride in doing so.

With regards to the tea and coffee in the rooms, it is brand standard throughout the chain, to just provide two of everything in the guest bedrooms. However, there are more complimentary tea bags, coffees sachets, milk portions and sugars in the guest vending area located in the reception area for guests to help themselves to. Housekeeping will also top these items up when servicing the rooms.

I am so glad to hear that you found the room to be clean and tidy. We have an excellent housekeeping team who work extremely hard to maintain a high level of cleanliness and comfort throughout the hotel for our guests.

Thank you for taking advantage of the free, hot option buffet breakfast. As well as the three hot options of Sausage, Scrambled Egg and Baked Beans, we do offer a wide selection of continental food to try and meet all of our guests individual requirements.

I glad the location of the hotel met your requirements, we are lucky having the city centre of Bath, and all of the main tourist attractions, only an easy 10-15 minute walk away.

Thank you for making use of the complimentary WIFI throughout the hotel. Unfortunately, our internet provider has set the WIFI up so guests do have to renter the WIFI password each time they go to use their device.