“Great value hotel”

Holiday Inn Express Bath
Ranked #19 of 34 Hotels in Bath
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Can not really fault this hotel. We stayed here with our friends for Easter weekend in 2 family rooms. Reception staff were great and got us reservations in two lovely restaurants. Only negative was that there wasn't any marmite at breakfast for our Friend.... She's American and just loves her marmite!!!!! Would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
BathGuestServiceMgr, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bath, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay with us.

We are all happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us over the Easter holidays, all of the staff here at the Holiday Inn Express Bath do try to make sure that all of our guest's enjoy their stay with us, and help with dinner reservations or taxi's to go into the city centre.

As marmite isn’t a very popular request, we don’t provide it in the breakfast area we stock it in the kitchen area, and we do supply it for when any of our guest's ask for this request.

I would like to thank your again for your kind review and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Sam Stone

Write a ReviewReviews (1,547)

Reviewed 13 April 2014

Stayed here for one night with a friend. We hadn't pre booked so the price was a little bit dear (paid on arrival), but we expected that. The location was good in proximity to the city centre (went for a night out) and rooms were clean and modern. Helpful staff and a good breakfast buffet in the morning.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
BathGuestServiceMgr, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bath, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay.

As Bath is such a beautful, historic city that attracts a large number of tourists throughout the year, the demand for hotels is extremely high. This effects our rates, which are competitive with other hotels throughout Bath.

I am glad you were happy with the location of the hotel, we are lucky having the city center of Bath and all of the main tourist attractions only an easy 10-15 minute walk away.

I am pleased to hear that the room met your requirements for the duration of your stay, we have an excellent housekeeping team who work extremely hard to maintain a high level of cleanliness and comfort throughout the hotel.

Thank you for your kind comments about the staff, and I am glad to hear you enjoyed the free, hot option breakfast, this does prove to be very popular with our guests.

I would like to thank you again for taking the time to write a review and I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

I was staying at this hotel on my business trip, and I must say was a pleasant surprise. Usually the budget hotels are very basics, and dilapidated, with poor services. Holiday Inn Express however is offering exactly what they stated. Simple, very functional and clean facilities. They do not have restaurant but breakfast is provided. One day I was too tired to go out for my dinner, so I asked Laura the receptionist, if they have services for home delivery meals to the hotel. She gave a selection of restaurants which are providing this services and offer to make the order on my behalf according to the chosen menu.
Only one disturbing fact, was that one night I wasn't able to sleep too well, due teenagers decided to make form the hotel a giant playground, so slamming doors, screaming and running on the corridor keep me awake. I called the reception whom acted strait away and eventually the disturbance stopped. I was able to sleep 4 hours. If you chose to stay at this hotel, you will not regret. I case of disturbing noises ( I don't think this happen too often) I would advise you to call the reception as soon as misbehaving customers don't let you sleep, because the hotel`s personnel will help you. Very nice, friendly people and helpful employees. I highly recommend this hotel for short staying.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Csilla E

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay.

I am so glad to hear that the hotel and room met your requirements for the duration of your stay.

I am pleased to hear that Laura was able to help you with dinner in the evening. All of our staff go above and beyond with customer service, taking great pride in doing so, thank you for your kind comments, I will make sure I pass these on to the staff.

I am so sorry to hear that your night was disturbed by noise, I can assure you that this isnt common at the hotel, and I would like to apologize for this, however, I am glad that our night staff managed to rectify this situation as quickly as possible.

I would like to thank you again for taking the time to write such a kind review, and I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

Honestly, we had hoped to find a quaint B&B for our visit, but when we got a great offer for rooms at the Holiday Inn Express, we couldn't pass it up. And I'm so glad we didn't! Laura and the rest of the staff were terrific. They made us feel right at home from the moment we walked in. They were extremely helpful and accommodating in helping us find restaurants, arrange tours and call cabs. The location was just an enjoyable short walk - 10 minutes or so - from the city center. The rooms were very clean and well-designed, and the breakfast buffet was impressive. I'd love to stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
BathGuestServiceMgr, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bath, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay.

Thank you for your kind comments about Laura and the rest of the staff members, they do go above and beyond with their customer service and take great pride in doing so.

As you mentioned, we are lucky with the location of the hotel being only an easy 10-15 minute walk away from the city centre of Bath, and all of the main tourist attractions.

I am so glad to hear that the room met your requirements for the duration of the stay, and that you enjoyed our free, hot option breakfast, this does prove to be very popular with our guests.

I would like to thank you again for taking the time to write a review and I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

Very pleased with this hotel, following a one night stay. The hotel is clean, modern and in a convenient location.

However, what made the hotel really special was the excellent customer care shown by the reception staff and particularly the Duty Manager, Laura. They worked with efficiency and empathy to resolve a problem we had on check in.

Thank you!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Mandy C
BathGuestServiceMgr, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bath, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review about your recent stay with us.

I'm very pleased that our hotel met your requirements for the duration of your stay.

Thank you for your kind comment regarding our staff, we all do try our best to ensure all our guests have a wonderful stay with us, I will pass your kind comments on to Laura.

I would like to thank you again for your kind review, and will look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind Regards

Sam

Reviewed 7 March 2014

We have stayed here before and found the location great and the rooms to be clean and well equipped. The rate we got for the room was good and it included breakfast. We arrived early and were able to check straight in with a friendly receptionist, and there were ample amounts of parking available. Breakfast was good, nothing special, but well cooked and the breakfast lounge was clean and comfortable. I would definitely return to this hotel due to the high level of cleanliness and great location for Bath city centre.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Kittybear1809
BathGuestServiceMgr, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bath, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay.

I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us again.

I am so pleased to hear that you found the location great, we are lucky having the hotel only an easy 10-15 minute walk away from the city centre of Bath, and all of the main tourist attractions.
I am glad to hear that the room met your requirements for the duration of your stay.

I am pleased to hear that you were able to check in straight away, and thank you for your kind comments about the member of staff. All of our staff go above and beyond with their customer service, and take great pride in doing so.

Thank you for taking advantage of the free, hot option breakfast. We do try to provide a wide range of both the continental and the cooked option food, to meet all of our guests requirements, and this does prove to be very popular with our guests.

I would like to thank you again for taking the time to write such a positive review, and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 28 February 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights, Arrived an hour early the room was not ready but staff were excellent in getting it ready within 20 minutes. The room was spacious, clean and warm with a hairdryer, kettle, bed setee, double bed and t.v. great comfortable bed with in room heating. Breakfast was fine with a selection of cereals, fruit, muffins, croissants, toast, egg, sausage and tea, coffee. The hotel is situated on a main rd the traffic didn't cause any noise problems. Town is approx 10 minutes walk via the short cut past sainsburys and through the old railway station. There is a frequent bus service which stops opposite the hotel. Highly recommended indian restaurant opposite the hotel called the mint room. Fantastic chinese restaurant in the town. All in all a good hotel at the right price within easy reach of the town. Car parking is £8 per day ample parking space and cctv presence.

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank ANDS2008

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay.

I am so pleased to hear that the room met your requirements for the duration of your stay.

As you mentioned, we are lucky with the location of the hotel being only an easy 10-15 minute walk away from the city centre of Bath and all of the main tourist attractions.

I would like to thank you again for taking the time to write a review and I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel in the future.