“Holiday Inn Express Bath”

Holiday Inn Express Bath
Ranked #17 of 31 Hotels in Bath
Bourne, United Kingdom
“Holiday Inn Express Bath”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Holiday Inn Express Bath

For the purpose of my review bias, for the last 12 years I have stayed approximately 100 nights a year in the Intercontinental / Holiday Inn Group chain.
Date of stay 5/2/14
My ongoing experience of the hotel is as follows:

1) Arrival is was easy using the Sat Nav and post code address instructions
2) On arrival at the hotel the check in staff were extremely pleasant and friendly.
3) All area’s including the bedrooms where always well kept, tidy and clean
4) The rooms are what you would expect from a modern Holiday Inn. SEE the photos
5) There is an on site car park for approximately 60 spaces, which costs £10 per day, yep £10 per day…. If you do ask and I did you are informed that this is Bath and that’s what it costs. I’d rather it be included in the room rate, but hey ho that’s me
6) Breakfast (self service) is included with hot and cold selections (the branded Holiday Inn Express range) sausage, powdered egg, toast, beans, pastries, cereal, fruit & Machine coffee.
7) Check out, was straight forward and hassle free.
In summary the hotel scores 7/10 for an average Holiday Inn that just needs cheaper parking.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
BathGuestServiceMgr, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bath, responded to this review, 7 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay.

I would firstly like to thank you for your continued loyalty within the IHG chain. We value all of our guests, and your continued commitment within the chain is much appreciated.

I am glad to hear that you had an easy arrival at the hotel, and thank you for your kind comments about the staff. They do all go above and beyond with their customer service, taking great pride in doing so.

I am so pleased to hear that the hotel and room met your requirements for the duration of your stay. We have an excellent housekeeping team who work extremely hard to maintain a high level of cleanliness and comfort throughout the hotel for our guests.

Unfortunately, everywhere in Bath does charge for car parking, we are one of the cheaper car parks, and guests are able to leave their vehicles in our secure, onsite car park for the charge of £10 a night. This is then valid until 4pm on the day of departure, this enables guests to discover more of the beautiful city of Bath once they have departed the hotel.

Thank you for taking advantage of the free, hot option breakfast. This does prove to be very popular with our guests, and our breakfast team try to provide a wide range of continental food, as well as the three hot options, to meet all of our guests individual requirement's.

I would like to thank you again for taking the time to write a review and I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Lauren Jones

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Swindon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Really good location, a mile from the town centre. Apparently it has had a refurb. recently and it shows.The public areas, the room and the comfort were outstanding.Staff we encountered were brilliant.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank ClaireGrundy
BathGuestServiceMgr, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bath, responded to this review, 5 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay.

As you mentioned we are lucky with the location of the hotel being only an easy 10-15 minute walk away from the city centre of Bath, and all of the main tourist attractions.

I am so pleased to hear that the room and hotel met your requirements for the duration of your stay.

Thank you for your kind comments about the staff, they do go above and beyond with their customer service and take great pride in doing so.

I would like to thank you again for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Good location, 10-15 mins walk from city centre (or 5 mins on a bus which stops outside)

Rooms are comfortable, well equippped and quiet. Short of nothing for a good night's stay.

A little let down by the buffet breakfast which lacked variety and freshness, and this, together with the 'hidden extra' of £10 parking fee prevented an excellent rating.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
BathGuestServiceMgr, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bath, responded to this review, 4 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay.

I am so glad to hear that the hotel met your requirements for the duration of your stay. As you mentioned, we are lucky with the location of the hotel being only an easy 10-15 minute walk away from the city centre of Bath, and all of the main tourist attractions.

I am so sorry to hear that you didn’t enjoy the free, hot option breakfast. Our breakfast team do try to provide a wide selection of continental food, as well as the three hot options, of; Sausage, Scrambled Egg and Baked Beans, to meet all of our guests individual requirements.

Unfortunately, everywhere in Bath does charge for car parking, we are one of the cheaper car parks. Our parking charge is advertised on our website, we also inform guests of this upon check in, as well as having this advertised on the terminals at reception where guests have to enter their vehicle registration number.
Guests are able to leave their vehicles in our secure, on-site car park for the charge of £10 per night, which is then valid until 4pm on the day of departure.
This enables guests to discover more of the beautiful city of Bath once they have departed the hotel.

I would like to thank you again for taking the time to write a review.

Hampshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Nice room to stay in for a weekend break, WiFi & breakfast included hence the slightly inflated cost. I would prefer a lower room rate then "bolt-on" breakfast like the competition does - it allows more flexibility. Rooms are finished to the usual HIEx refurb standards and are comfy. A lady greeted me but I was too early to check-in. She was fantastic, an absolute credit to the property. However, when we returned to check-in a gentleman did so and was rather frosty (probably because he had to work Sunday!) Just handed over my IHG letter and off you are. I had to ask him when to check out and what time breakfast starts. These are basics that guests ought to know.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bakul M
BathGuestServiceMgr, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bath, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review regarding your stay with us.
I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and the hotel met your requirements during the duration of your stay.

As we are a Holiday Inn Express our breakfast is free for all of our guests. As Bath is such a popular city it attracts a large number of tourists throughout the year, the demand for hotels is extremely high which effects our room rates. However they are competitive with other hotels in and around bath.

Thank you for your kind comment about the member of staff, However i am dissapointed to hear that you didnt recieve the same service from another member of staff. All of our staff work very hard to make sure that all of our guests enjoy there stay with us.

I would like to thank you again for taking the time to write your review regarding The Holiday Inn Express Bath, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Sam
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We stayed in this hotel as we use a lot of Holiday Inn’s and we weren't disappointed with this Holiday Inn Express. We had problems finding it as the entrance to the car park is in a residential street but that was our only problem.

The room was well appointed and clean, the whole hotel had a light feel to it. The free breakfast was sufficient to keep us going for the morning and although the restaurant area was kept going it wasn’t manic and the staff kept up well clearing the tables and topping up the food. I would say the hotel is really well run and Chloe on reception was excellent

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay.

Thank you for taking advantage of the free, hot option breakfast. This does prove to be very popular with our guests so I am glad to hear that you enjoyed it.

Thank you for your kind comments about Chloe, I will pass these on to her, all of our staff do go above and beyond with their customer service, taking great pride in doing so.

Holland, Ohio
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Clean and good property in a safe area. Breakfast was plentiful. One thing about Holiday Inn Express, they are predictable, even overseas. We were able to walk from the train station to hotel even with rollable luggage, it was less than a mile away but good sidewalks. A very popular place in an expensive city.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay.

I am pleased to hear that the hotel met your requirements for the duration of your stay.

Thank you for taking advantage of the free, hot option breakfast, this does prove to be very popular with our guests.

As you mentioned, we are lucky with the location of the hotel being only an easy 10-15 minute walk away from the city centre of Bath and all of the main tourist attractions.

I would like to thank you again for taking the time to write a review.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Just spent two nights at the hotel. The location, accommodation and staff were great. Nothing to fault at all. The breakfast could possibly do with some more options (i.e. Bacon, boiled eggs) but all in all it was a comfortable stay and I'd have no hesitation staying there again. Laura, Emma, Reese, Rob - all make the hotel what it is.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay.

I am so pleased to hear that the hotel met your requirements for the duration of your stay.

Thank you for your kind comments about Laura, Emma, Rhys and Rob as well as the other members of staff, Ill pass these comments on to them, as I am sure they will be as happy as I am to hear them.

Unfortunately, as we are not a full service hotel, we are only able to offer the three hot options of Sausage, Scrambled Egg and Baked Beans, as well as our wide selection of continental food.

I would like to thank you again for taking the time to write a review and I hope we are able to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.