“Good Location But Average Hotel”

Holiday Inn Express Bath
Ranked #18 of 31 Hotels in Bath
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Stayed here for one night on business. Good location for central Bath. Room was small but functional. Bathroom likewise with door that doubles up for loo and room which I hate! Sink smelt really bad and obviously needed cleaning/unblocking? No power socket next to bed to charge mobile phone and use it as an alarm clock.
Bar area poorly located next to entrance door so kept getting a horrible whiff of smoke from those going outside for cigarettes. Poor choice of draught beers. So average and no more than that.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
BathGuestServiceMgr, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bath, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay.

As you mentioned, we are lucky with the location of the hotel being only an easy 10-15 minute walk away from the city centre of Bath, and all of the main tourist attractions.

I am sorry to hear that the room didn't meet your expectations while you were staying with us. Our housekeeping team always clean the rooms, and hotel, to the highest standard, so I do apologise that you found the sink to smell bad. I can assure you that this isn't common with us, and if you had informed us while you were staying, we would have happily rectified this situation, either by moving you rooms, or fixing the problem with the sink.

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Bath

Reviewed 7 June 2014

Stayed here many times when visiting our daughter at Bath University. Staff are always friendly and helpfull. Rooms are the expected good standard of a Holiday Inn Express. Its convienent for walking into the city center without having the hassel of driving and parking inBath.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Iain W
BathGuestServiceMgr, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bath, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay.

I would like to thank you for your continued loyalty with the hotel.

Thank you for your kind comments regarding the staff. All of our staff go above and beyond with customer service, and take great pride in doing so. I am so pleased to hear that they met your expectations, I will pass on these comments to them as I am sure they will be as happy as I am to hear them.

I am pleased to hear that the rooms meet your requirements while you stay with us.

I would like to thank you again for taking the time to write a review, and I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

Stayed for one night at the end of a recent tour of the UK, the service by the front desk staff was exceptional, much better than I would have expected, included restaurant advice and help with getting reservations... Room was comfortable and the quiet AC a welcome bonus.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay.

Thank you for your kind comments about the service from the front desk staff. All of our staff go above and beyond with customer service, and take great pride in doing so. I am so pleased to hear that they met your expectations, I will pass on these comments to them as I am sure they will be as happy as I am to hear them.

I am glad that the room met your requirements for the duration of your stay and I hope you enjoyed your time in Bath.

I would like to thank you again for taking the time to write a review, and I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

We have stayed in this hotel at least once a year for 10 years now. It is comfortable, with all that we need. Including parking (in a city where it is not easy to find parking), 15 mins flat walk to the city centre and generally a friendly and efficient attitude.

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank Greensub
BathGuestServiceMgr, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bath, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay.

I would like to thank you for your continued loyalty with the Holiday Inn Express, Bath, it is much appreciated.

I am so glad to hear that you find the hotel to be comfortable. Our housekeeping team work extremely hard to maintain a high standard of cleanliness and comfort throughout the hotel for our guests.

I would like to thank you again for writing such a positive review, and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We wanted a reasonable hotel for a night stay to enjoy an evening and following day in Bath.

The Holiday Inn Express in well located an only a short, easy walk into the town centre. The Holiday Inn Express is typical of its type and brand, with everything you would expect from an express. The rooms are quire well appointed and standard for the brand, as are the other hotel services. Breakfast is as we expected with the usual range supplied, and all hot and fresh when we went in at around 8:45 on a Saturday.

Parking seems a little steep at £10 per night, but as the hotel states in its details, this does cover you up until 4:00 pm on the following day, allowing a good day for visiting the city. And as far as I can see, most of the other car parks in the city centre are more expensive for the same period of time.

All in all its what I expected from a Holiday Inn Express and by that I mean great value for money and clean,and secure rooms.

Particular mention to the receptionists who were very knowledgable about their local area and made good recommendations about good local pubs, restuarants and attractions.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay.

Thank you for taking advantage of the free, hot option breakfast. This does prove to be very popular with our guests, and our breakfast team try to provide a wide range of both cooked, and continental food to meet all of our guests individual requirements.

Unfortunately, as you mentioned, everywhere in Bath does charge for car parking and we are one of the cheaper car parks. Guests are able to leave their vehicles in our secure, on-site car park for the charge of £10 per night, this then enables guests to leave their vehicles with us until 4pm on the day of departure.

Thank you for your kind comments about the staff. They do work extremely hard, and take great pride in delivering excellent customer service to our guests.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Decided to have a weekend in Bath to see the Northampton v Bath rugby game. Didn't have too many expectations of the Holiday Inn Express but was pleasantly surprised - especially by the location. Having seen many of this chain situated on the outskirts of various towns the fact this is only a short, decent, walk (5-10 mins) in to the heart of Bath was refreshing.
Rooms - basic but all you need, very clean and tidy. Service was efficient. Free breakfast was excellent.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay.

I am glad that the room met your requirements for the duration of your stay. Our housekeeping team work extremely hard to maintain a high level of cleanliness and comfort throughout the hotel for our guests.

Thank you for taking advantage of the free, hot option breakfast. This does prove to be very popular with our guests, so I am glad to hear that you enjoyed this.

I would like to thank you again for taking the time to write a review.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stayed here for a couple of weeks during winter. The rooms were very clean and the hotel staff were friendly and helpful. Bathroom was tiny and so was the room. Make sure you ask for a room that has a road view and not the cemetery view! Breakfast is reasonably good but if you're staying for more than a couple of days, you''re sure to get tired of the same. No in house restaurants but the hotel is only a 10-15 minute walk from a lot of interesting places. WiFi strength was moderate.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay.

I am glad to hear that the room met your requirements for the duration of your stay. Our housekeeping team are excellent and work extremely hard to maintain a high standard of cleanliness and comfort throughout the hotel for our guests.

Thank you for your kind comments about the staff. They do go above and beyond with their customer service, taking great pride in doing so.

Thank you for taking advantage of the free, hot option breakfast. Our breakfast team do try to provide a wide range of both continental, and cooked option food to suit all of our guests individual requirements.

Unfortunately we don’t have an on-site restaurant, as you mentioned, although we do provide pizzas in the evening which guests are able to order from the hotel bar to eat either in the dinning area, or be taken back up to the room. Alternatively, staff are more than happy to provide guests with restaurant recommendations or provide a selection of take away menus.

I would like to thank you again for taking the time to write a review.