“Nice breakfast”

Ranked #21 of 35 Hotels in Bath
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Nice breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2010

We stopped at the Holiday Inn Express Bath just to have a night's sleep and found a comfortable place to rest. The hotel is clean, comfy and close to the center of Bath (5mn drive). Parking is free (if you can find a spot) and the hot breakfast in the morning was quite nice. The lobby is pleasant and spacious and so are the rooms. We got a very reasonable AAA rate on the Holiday Inn's website so it was a good value.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank heiranig
BathDeputyManager, Deputy General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bath, responded to this review, 12 March 2010
Firstly, thank you for taking the time to complete a review on our hotel.

I am delighted to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us, finding our rooms to be clean and comfortable.

We have recently been focusing on the layout and quality we are serving within our complimentary breakfast, so I am especially pleased you enjoyed this aspect of your stay.

I thank you on behalf of myself and the team, and hope to welcome you back when you are next visiting Bath.

Kind Regards

Lisa Franklin
Deputy General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Devon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2010

If you can get a good price or better still, pay with points, this is a great place to stay in Bath. Just a 15 min walk from the shops, much cheaper to park here and walk (or get a taxi) than pay in the city. Room as expected - very cramped for 4 of us but we knew what to expect. Breakfast ok - it is free after all!

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with friends
BathDeputyManager, Deputy General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bath, responded to this review, 24 February 2010
Thank you for your review, we feel all comments are vital.

I am glad that you were able to take advantage of our free loyalty scheme priority club. This has many advantages including claiming free nights stays within our worldwide hotel chain Intercontinental Hotels Group.

As mentioned we do offer car parking at a charge of £3.00 per car per night, but compared to car parking charges in the city centre this is minimal.

I am glad you were also able to take advantage of our complimentary continental buffet breakfast that has recently been improved to include hot options.

Thank you again, I hope that we will be able to accommodate you in the future.
wales
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2010

We stayed at this hotel over Valentine's weekend and it is perfectly placed for a visit to Bath. When we arrived we were first put in a room on the ground floor however when we got to the room, it had an adjoining door and there must have been a family in the next room because they were noisy and someone kept banging the adjoining door. I asked down at reception if we could move to another room and they were quite accomodating, giving us a room on the third floor which was much quieter.

The hotel looks quite recently done inside and the two rooms we experienced were very clean and tidy, and reasonably spacious. Breakfast is functional really - great for grabbing a quick croissant or a piece of toast in the morning. It's a 10/15 minute stroll into Bath - we'd recommend the Green Park Brasserie for an evening meal; food was delicious and the live jazz added to the already good atmosphere.

The only downside to this hotel was the charges added to my card after checkout which I've since assumed must be for parking since reading reviews on here. There is a spacious car park which is not barriered and there are no signs anywhere that I can see that say parking is charged for. However, I've since had a charge of £6 put on my card. I don't mind paying for parking at all - after all, £3 a day in Bath is a bit of a bargain but I do mind that none of the reception staff I spoke to mentioned this to me at all, not on check in or at check out. I think this is something that needs to be rectified - it's only a minor irritation but for the sake of providing a better service to customers, I think they should be informing people of the charge.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel. It's clean and tidy and in a good position. Just be aware you will be charged parking!

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
Thank you very much for your feedback we appreciate all comments.

I am glad to hear you found our staff accommodating, we do try to meet all requests if possible.

I will pass these comments onto our housekeeping team as they work very hard to maintain high standards of cleanliness throughout the hotel, they also appreciate feedback.

I am very sorry that you were charged after you departed as this shoud have been mentioned when you were checking out of your room. We do try to inform guests in every way possible when making reservations and checking in/out.

Thank your once again for your feedback.
london
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2010

very good quality hotel very cheap and kind staff
Good breakfast as well, wake early though!
very tiny rooms and once a cot is open with the kids bed there is no more space!
a bit far from the town center 20mn walk
but good value quality / price

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank lyndas00
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us, we appreciate all feedback.

I am glad that you found our staff to be kind and our breakfast to be good, we have also improved our breakfast as of 15th February, by introducing hot options to our continental buffet, so I hope you will be able to sample this in the future.

I do agree with the sofa bed made up and a cot in the room there isn't much room to manoeuvre, we do try to pre warn all guests. There are other options available as we have interconnecting rooms which will allow families to have a lot more space across two rooms.

Thank you again and I hope we have the pleasure of seeing you in the future.
Shropshire, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2010

Excellent for a couple of nights in Bath. Modern rooms and facilities. Very friendly and welcoming reception. Good breakfast area. Within walking distance of city centre--about 15 minutes--hotel will give you instructions. We ate at the excellent Green Park Station Brasserie--in the characterfully restored former Midland Railway station(about ten minutes walk from the hotel on the walk into town). They play very listenable jazz at this brasserie most nights of the week from 7.30pm and the food is good.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
1 Thank _davidius61
BathDeputyManager, Deputy General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bath, responded to this review, 16 February 2010
Thank you for your review, I am glad to hear that you had a enjoyable stay with us and you found our staff very freindly and welcoming. We always try to provide any information to help all guests have a stress free relaxing stay with us.

Thank you once again we always appreciate all comments.
Nottingham
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2010

Stayed here for two nights as we wanted an ideal base for visiting the centre of Bath. Before arrival i didnt expect the Hilton... but to be honest baring the breakfast i doubt there is little difference than staying at the Hilton Bath!. This hotel is modern and very clean. On arrival polite and very quick check in. On entering our room we had a room over looking the school on the third floor. The room was immaculate and modern, complimentary tea / coffee. I may have OCD! but even i couldnt find fault with the room, the bathroom was sparkling. The hotel is in an ideal spot for bath, just a 10 minute walk through the Sainsburys supermarket carpark and your in the centre of Bath. Food wise.... the breakfast is simple and ideal for a quick snack. A slight dissapointment was that there was an advert stating breakfast now included Sausage and scrambled egg, but no sign of that!... If your after a good Indian Restaurant, try the Eastern Eye on Quiet Street, Bath, its lovely!.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a clean modern simple base for touring Bath! Would deffo stay again.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
Thank you for all your feedback we appreciate all comments to ensure we are providing the best possible service.

I am very glad to hear that during your stay with us you found the cleanliness to be immaculate, our housekeeping team work very hard to keep this standard high.

Regarding breakfast we did have advertising materials within the hotel informing guests that the hot option at breakfast will be arriving soon, I can now confirm as of the 15th January a hot option has been introduced.

Thank you again for your feedback.
Derry, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2010

We stayed here for one night for the Ulster v Bath Heineken Cup game. The price was good, £29.00 for the room plus complimentary continental breakfast. Didn’t have any great expectations but was very pleased with the room, all conveniences and a great heating system. A 10 minute walk along the Avon and you’re in the city centre. The bar was lively when we arrived back but not intrusive. Will be planning a, slightly longer, return journey to Bath and will be very happy to stay here again.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
Thank for your comments regarding your stay with us, I am glad to hear they are all positive.

I am also glad that you were also able to take advantage of our December's promotional rate.

Thank you again and I hope that you will visit us in the future.