“Unpleasant afternoon tea experience”
Review of Indulgence

Indulgence
Ranked #331 of 575 Restaurants in Bath
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Unpleasant afternoon tea experience”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I visited today with a group of friends thinking it would be a pleasant, relaxed afternoon but we were taken aback by the waitress who had a very unpleasant attitude towards us all before we had even taken to our seats! She was very confrontational and abrupt which made us all feel very uncomfortable - something no one should experience especially when paying good money (and on a student budget)! I have been for afternoon tea at numerous places elsewhere and have always thoroughly enjoyed the day, but this was by far the most disappointing experience I have had and it tainted the whole day which was a shame. The sandwiches did not taste fresh and the cakes tasted as if they had not been baked that day - which they claimed to be. A very disappointing afternoon tea experience - I will come back to Bath but I will not come back to Indulgence cafe and I will not be recommending it. Perhaps a better attitude should be taken when greeting and serving customers in future.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank 868fiona

Aix en provence
“Rude staff.”
Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

Indulgence did not indulge me today. Very disappointing. Very rude staff.
I shan't be returning my customer here ever again.

3 Thank MelissaParv
Oxford, England, United Kingdom
“Good food in a central location”
Reviewed 2 February 2014

I came for lunch on my own. I was made to feel very welcome and the service was great. The lunch menu included 2 fish options which sounded very tempting. However, as I was going to be eating out in the evening I chose the pear and blue cheese tart, which was delicious! I just which I'd had room for the tempting desserts on offer. I will try it again next time I am in Bath

Visited January 2014
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Favorite every day coffee shop”
Reviewed 2 August 2013

We go here every morning for our coffee fix, sometimes eating the almond croissants which are the most delicious we have had-almost as good as New Orleans beignets. Today we also got sandwiches to go. They were fresh and fixed while we watched. This little find is on Bathwick close to the Holbourne Museum which is free and a must see.

• Visited July 2013
Newton Abbot, United Kingdom
“Spectacular Champagne Afternoon Tea”
Reviewed 14 May 2013

I recently visited the Indulgence Café & Patisserie for a ladies champagne afternoon tea and it was a fantastic success. There were 19 of us and we took over the whole café. The welcome was warm and inviting, the surroundings pleasant and inviting. The sandwiches and cakes were to die for, and the service fantastic. Definitely worth a visit, a must for the serious cake lover!

• Visited May 2013