“Very poor quality food”

Ranked #410 of 571 Restaurants in Bath
Price range: US$4 - US$10
Cuisines: British
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
London, United Kingdom
“Very poor quality food”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We went here for an evening meal but wish we hadn't bothered. I ordered a Jumbo fish and chips but what was served up was a joke - a piece of fish 3 ins square. I complained but was told that this was the Jumbo size! I shudder to think what the size of the Weenie version would be. My wife ordered a steak and ale pie but this was inedible. a few pieces of shrivelled up meat inside an undercooked pastry. Again I complained and this time was offered a ham pie which was also bad. The pastry was uncooked. The waitress waived payment for the pie. A few days later I lodged a complaint via the web site and received an automated reply that I would receive a response within 5 working days. Ten working days later - no response! Avoid this place at all costs.

• Visited April 2014

Trowbridge, United Kingdom
“Cold food and rude staff”
Reviewed 24 April 2014

We went here for a family breakfast and wish we'd have gone elsewhere......the food was cold on arrival, half of the breakfast was missing and when we approached a member of staff we were told to sit down they'd be with us in a minute!!......I felt like a two year old being sent to the naughty step........they were very rude and aggressive!!.......I had been to this place a few years ago and loved it so couldn't wait to take the family for the experience.......to say I was disappointed is an understatement!!.......much better food, service and prices at the lock inn which will be our breakfast of choice in the future.

• Visited April 2014
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Friendly staff, good breakfast”
Reviewed 25 February 2014

The service was quick and the staff helpful. A decent start to the day. The food is the standard diner fare but if you love that stuff like me then this is the place.

Visited February 2014
Tavistock, United Kingdom
“cold food and poor eating area”
Reviewed 6 October 2013

poor customer service, had to wait up to 40 mins to taken our orders and waited over an hour for our meals. when meals arrived food was stone cold. Seating area was out dated and warn out, Would not eat at this little chef again :(

Visited November 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good”
Reviewed 14 September 2013 via mobile

The shop is helpful and so are the staff and the food is good recommend stopping if you are on a long winter journey as warm and comfy place to eat

• Visited November 2012