“Best Day Tour And Guide On Our Trip”
Review of Mad Max Tours

Mad Max Tours
Ranked #2 of 59 Tours in Bath
More attraction details
Owner description: At Mad Max we offer small group tours from Bath, specifically for independent travellers. This is a personal, informative service which runs with a maximum group size of 16 people. Our Full day tours are available throughout the year and cover destinations such as Stonehenge, Lacock Village, Castle Combe, Avebury Stone Circles, travelling through the beautiful Wiltshire countryside with picturesque thatched cottages and inns.
Reviewed 13 January 2012

We took 7 day tours during our 26 day trip through Ireland, Scotland, and England. The Mad Max tour to the Cotswolds was easily the best. We loved visiting the old towns. They were so lovely and interesting. It was, though, our driver and guide Mark that really brought them to life. He was the very best at introducing everyone and involving them in the day's activities. His personally guide walks were very entertaining and informative. We highly recommend the Mad Max tour of the Cotswolds.

1  Thank alinaz

Reviewed 30 December 2011

My husband and I did a Mad Max tour of Stonehenge, Avebury, Castle Coombe and Laycock back in 2002 and have since recommended it to many friends and relatives. During the month we spent in the UK we took several organized tours and felt our Mad Max tour offered the best value of all! Our guide was very knowledgeable as well as entertaining and had lots of info on local writers and musicians who lived in the area. The tour to the sights was everything we hoped for and we loved that our minibus took the byways, not the highways. I find it interesting that Mad Max is still getting rave reviews. Well deserved!

Reviewed 25 December 2011

Working as a Concierge for a Hotel in Bath I had to go on this tour even if my idea of Stonehenge is just Stones..., but this guys realy know how to do it,
Finaly thanks to Gary I will actualy be able to explain my guests what to expect from this lovely company.

1  Thank chaj39
Reviewed 16 December 2011

The guide (shorter Gary) was really nice and knowledgable and went out his way to help us all, they even picked me up from Castle Combe because that is where I was staying! I did the full day Stonehenge Tour and loved seeing Lacock. Just easy and pleasant way to see a lot.

1  Thank Lucy18Australia
Reviewed 8 December 2011

We had a fabulous half day tour of Stonehenge and the Lacock village. Gary (not big Gary) was an amazing tour guide and told us many stories about the local area. He knew the names of everyone on our small tour group. We would highly recommend the Mad Max tours to everyone visiting Bath or wanting to visit Stonehenge! Great value for money and a fantastic way to spend an afternoon! Book in advance if you would like to do the full day tour as spots disappear quickly.