“Very good”

La Baguette
Ranked #190 of 618 Restaurants in Bath
Cuisines: International
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Stopped in randomly after seeing the baths. Very friendly staff, good food and excellent value. Can't go wrong with this place.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

To be honest, I have not even tried the baguette I bought as I was appalled by the way it was made and I feared food poisoning, so had to throw it out.
I asked for a cheese and salad baguette and I saw a few at the window display. I paid for my baguette and the lady at the till asked another lady to fetch the baguette. Rather than getting one from a display, the other lady, one of two who were at that moment cleaning the counters and fridges, decided to make a 'fresh' one for me. After she put a wet cloth she held in her bare hands, she took the baguette without washing her hands, cut it in mid air, put the baguette on the fridge, moved the cloth, with the same unwashed hands put some cheese in... I guess my fault for not being assertive enough and asking for a baguette made with clean hands.
I do not like throwing food away, but the thought of the lack of hygiene just made me feel unwell, and had to get my dinner from a local supermarket. Shame as it looked nice enough and the prices were very reasonable.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

We grabbed a quick bite here for lunch. Loved the sausage roll and piri piri chicken baguette very much. The price was very reasonable as well.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

My wife and I often purchase a freshly made baguette here when shopping in Bath. They make a wide range of fillings and in addition customers can buy hot drinks paninis, pizza bread, hot soup and cakes.

Although you will often see queues outside because the prices are very reasonable. The ladies serve customers quickly and always with a pleasant smile.

Reviewed 29 September 2013

We picked up some lunch here after visiting the Roman baths. I was surprised by the prices...no gouging the tourist here. Friendly, smiling staff inside too. My kids loved the sausages rolls, I had a coronation chicken baguette. Excellent value for money. I would definitely return.