“Would definitely recommend this novelty experience and go in the evening”
Review of Thermae Bath Spa

Thermae Bath Spa
Ranked #1 of 13 Spas & Wellness in Bath
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Thermae Bath Spa is Britain's only natural thermal Spa and benefits from the warm, mineral-rich waters which the Celts and Romans enjoyed over 2,000 years ago. Located in the heart of the World Heritage city of Bath, Thermae is a remarkable combination of five historic buildings and the contemporary architecture of the New Royal Bath. Highlights include the open-air rooftop pool with wonderful views over the city of Bath, the flowing curves of the Minerva Bath, the multi-sensory Wellness Suite and a choice of over 50 spa treatments and packages.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Would definitely recommend this novelty experience. We went in the evening, so the rooftop pool was all lit up - well worth it.

Write a ReviewReviews (7,148)
All reviews
in 192 reviews
"two hours"
in 436 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Went with my father and aunt (70 and 63). Friendly staff, clean facilities and enough variety to keep you busy for 2 hours. It was very popular even on a weekday around lunchtime. The sauna was temporarily not working but the steam rooms and pools were great. The gem really has to be he rooftop pool which is fantastic. Even better if one can get a seat by all the bubbles. Thanks!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Daughter bought me the 2hour package for Father’s Day. It was great and a lovely afternoon! Included was entry to the 2 pools, sauna, ice room, steam room, and showers, changing time at the beginning and end isn’t included in the 2 hours :) towel, robe and flip flops are included (you can keep the flip flops) we could have been there a lot longer!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

1. Went for my sisters 24th birthday surprise, bought the twilight package where we had a meal first. I bought in a special cake for her and the Restaurant Manager Matt said I wasn't allowed to bring food from outside the spa. There was no policy of this written whatsoever and didn't see why it wasn't allowed. It's actually the first time someone had told me this. I go to restaurants all the time and they've allowed me to bring a cake in.
It ruined the surprise so I opened it out anyway at the table. Matt appeared ignorant, he didn't value customer experience so I decided to not bother what he said. He came and saw me - told me to put the cake away when there were 3 bites left! He truly doesn't value experience of making customers feel welcomed and simply wanted us to buy one of their deserts which weren't appetising and my sister is allergic to cake ingredients. Felt like they only cared about money, and we were just a number rather than an individual who wanted to make our experiences memorable, and I will be telling my experience to everyone which Matt didn't seem to care about.

2. Also found the staff very unhelpful. We arrived with 2 suitcases - there was no space to put them. The staff could only put them at the front entrance without security, therefore had no consideration for tourists who travel a long way to their spa (being the only rooftop spa in the UK!).

3. We also struggled with our suitcases and not once did a man help us up their stairs with them. They simply stood there watching us or walking past us.

4. The Celestial Relaxation Room didn't have heated loungers, instead they were cold.

5. We didn't get the chance to experience the indoor Spa quiet area. Its not clearly signed which is a shame since we wanted to also experience this. Better sign posts I'd recommend.

See more reviews
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The Thermae Bath Spa is relaxing and pleasant. It is not cheap, but the presentation and operations of the place seem to be flawless. Everything is seemingly spotlessly clean, customer flow is well controlled (the pools never appeared to get too crowded when we were there), and the ambience was peaceful and chilled. One thing I did really appreciate was that phones were not allowed into the pool areas and had to be left in lockers - being away from your phone, and not having a constant stream of selfies taking place around you from every angle, really added to the experience in a way!

Our ticket price covered entry to the rooftop and indoor pool only, however this was more than sufficient. The tickets allowed us to stay there for two hours, which was plenty. At the end of the day, as nice as the experience was, I probably wouldn't be in a hurry to do it again. The environment, particularly in the indoor pool, takes its toll on your skin and really dried mine out. However, it's great as a one-off treat.